Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Whose Voice is This? (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   The Treasure Planet/Planetata na sakrovishtata (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25422)

whyofbladez 02-21-2020 06:14 PM

The Treasure Planet/Planetata na sakrovishtata
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62nQSa335Y

Dear God, I have no idea what I've gotten myself into.

Felipe (0:31, 2:05) - Bryan Cranston? I don't have the greatest grasp on Cranston's voice in the early 80's.
Billy Bones (3:20) - No doubt about this voice; Mike Reynolds.
Black Dog (5:46) -
Commander Smollet (13:05) - This is an early Intersound regular who we have no name definitively attached to. He can also be heard as Athos in "Dogtanian", Lupeski in "Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned", and Dr. Norimaki in Harmony Gold's test dub of "Dr. Slump".
"No. 3" (13:11) - The voice is so exaggerated that I haven't a clue.
"No. 4" (15:09) - Robert Axelrod
Long John Silver (17:26) - Steve Kramer
"No. 2" (20:18)
Parrot (22:42) - Bill Capizzi?
Captain Flint's Ghost (50:25) - Robert V. Barron

This didn't take me long at all, and still my head hurts.

millicent 02-21-2020 10:32 PM

Re: The Treasure Planet/Planetata na sakrovishtata
 
Felipe (0:31, 2:05) - Bryan Cranston
Billy Bones (3:20) - Mike Reynolds
Black Dog (5:46) - Think it might be Barron doing a voice.
Commander Smollet (13:05) - Y'know, I don't actually think it's John Doe #83. Him and Wyner have a lot of similarities and can be hard to distinguish, but I think this guy is Wyner.
"No. 3" (13:11) - Joe Perry maybe
"No. 4" (15:09) - Robert Axelrod
Long John Silver (17:26) - Barron
Parrot (22:42) - Ugh... Parrot voice... Always hard to tell with friggin' parrot voice... Might just be Joe Perry again. Possibly a really small cast here. Robotech in 85 was when Intersound's English dubs started using three-beep ADR and single tracking the actors (at Macek's specific insistence); dubs done there before then (including this movie presumably) were recorded ensemble-style without beeps to cue. The difficulty of having to start over again should even one actor stumble and the lack of beeps meant that these dubs were somewhat fragile in the production stage and probably went through a lot of takes for even the most simple, effortless dub (Macek hated the process and refused to continue it with Robotech) [granted, Robotech's aggressive production schedule probably would have precluded this method anyway]. As a result, I could see the advantages to keeping the cast small for a simple movie dub like this--not necessarily to save money per se but for the ease of just casting the most talented dubbers that they (presumably Barron directed this) knew were available--that could handle more than one role and get the sync right quickly--without getting nervous about the other actors. Adding even one slightly novice actor to play a minor part would be a calculated risk. What if the other actors make them nervous, and we have to do way more takes than is affordable for this cheap dub of this cheap movie?
Captain Flint's Ghost (50:25) - Barron

Quote:

This didn't take me long at all, and still my head hurts.
Yeah, jeez Louise this was hard to stomach... Thanks for doing the hard work actually sitting through this.

whyofbladez 02-21-2020 11:21 PM

Re: The Treasure Planet/Planetata na sakrovishtata
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by millicent (Post 164995)
Commander Smollet (13:05) - Y'know, I don't actually think it's John Doe #83. Him and Wyner have a lot of similarities and can be hard to distinguish, but I think this guy is Wyner.

Yeah, I've noticed that too; that actor I can describe as being a strange combination of Wyner, Epcar and McConnohie rolled into one package. Yeah, I think you're right about it being Wyner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by millicent (Post 164995)
"No. 3" (13:11) - Joe Perry maybe
"No. 4" (15:09) - Robert Axelrod
Long John Silver (17:26) - Barron

Perry would make sense, not that I have much grasp on his voice; definitely in his range from what little I know (Not that he seemed to have a large body of work on him it seems).

Barron's voice slips in with Silver, but my mind went to Kramer; doubtlessly just because it's one of them having a go at mimicking Reynolds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by millicent (Post 164995)
As a result, I could see the advantages to keeping the cast small for a simple movie dub like this--not necessarily to save money per se but for the ease of just casting the most talented dubbers that they (presumably Barron directed this) knew were available--that could handle more than one role and get the sync right quickly--without getting nervous about the other actors. Adding even one slightly novice actor to play a minor part would be a calculated risk. What if the other actors make them nervous, and we have to do way more takes than is affordable for this cheap dub of this cheap movie?

Frankly, they put way more effort than this LSD trip of a film deserves. I don't think Bryan Cranston would've been particularly excited to have this on his resume, even when he was a small-time actor.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.