Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dream Casts (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2658)

SonicWarrior234 07-19-2016 07:42 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 111403)
(I'm going to suggest VAs for Sonic, Tails and Amy.)

Sonic the Hedgehog
Austin Tindle
Brian Donovan
Bryce Papenbrook
Chris Edgerly
Chris Patton
Jason Liebrecht
Johnny Yong Bosch
Josh Grelle
Lucien Dodge
Micah Solusod
Michael Sinterniklaas
Quinton Flynn
Robbie Daymond
Steve Staley
Todd Haberkorn
Vic Mignogna
Yuri Lowenthal

Miles "Tails" Prower
Brianne Siddall
Brina Palencia
Brittney Karbowski
Colleen Clinkenbeard
Colleen O'Shaughnessey
Maile Flanagan
Maxey Whitehead
Mona Marshall
Wendee Lee

Amy Rose
Alexis Tipton
Cassandra Lee Morris
Cherami Leigh
Christine Marie Cabanos
Cristina Valenzuela
G.K. Bowes
Hynden Walch
Kari Wahlgren
Kate Higgins
Laura Bailey
Leah Clark
Luci Christian
Mela Lee
Melissa Fahn
Michelle Ruff
Monica Rial
Sandy Fox
Stephanie Sheh
Tara Platt
Wendee Lee

Hmmm, with those guys I'd go with:
Sonic: Vic Mignogna
Tails: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Amy: Cherami Leigh

And you didn't put Knuckles there, but I'd obviously go with Christopher Sabat. Lol.

Marusero 07-19-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 116780)
And you didn't put Knuckles there, but I'd obviously go with Christopher Sabat. Lol.

Now that you mentioned Knuckles, here are my casting choices for him.

Knuckles the Echidna
Christopher Sabat
Dave Wittenberg
David Vincent
Doug Erholtz
Kyle Hebert
Lex Lang
Marc Diraison
Matthew Mercer
Patrick Seitz
Reuben Langdon
Robert Buchholz
Roger Craig Smith
Steve Blum
Travis Willingham
Troy Baker

SonicWarrior234 07-20-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 116781)
Now that you mentioned Knuckles, here are my casting choices for him.

Knuckles the Echidna
Christopher Sabat
Dave Wittenberg
David Vincent
Doug Erholtz
Kyle Hebert
Lex Lang
Marc Diraison
Matthew Mercer
Patrick Seitz
Reuben Langdon
Robert Buchholz
Roger Craig Smith
Steve Blum
Travis Willingham
Troy Baker

Here's a second voice cast for the Sonic Series with FUNimation VAs I came up with:

Knuckles: Chris Sabat
Cream: Carrie Savage
Big: Kyle Hebert
Shadow: Matthew Mercer
Rouge: Leah Clark
Omega: Christopher Bevins
Silver: Todd Haberkorn
Blaze: Laura Bailey
Espio: Crispin Freeman
Charmy: Brina Palencia
Vector: Phil Parsons
Dr. Eggman: John Swasey

Marusero 07-21-2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 116845)
Big: Kyle Hebert
Blaze: Laura Bailey
Espio: Crispin Freeman

Not bad. However, isn't Crispin Freeman an L.A.-based VA? Maybe you meant to put J. Michael Tatum there? Not trying to be mean at all.

Troodon2 07-21-2016 04:41 PM

You know for some reason, Mike Pollick's Eggman reminds me of a mix between Mark Hamill and John Dimaggio.

So anyone think either of them would make a good Eggman?

SonicWarrior234 07-23-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 116850)
Not bad. However, isn't Crispin Freeman an L.A.-based VA? Maybe you meant to put J. Michael Tatum there? Not trying to be mean at all.

Yeah, right.

HyperVoiceActing 07-25-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troodon2 (Post 116881)
You know for some reason, Mike Pollick's Eggman reminds me of a mix between Mark Hamill and John Dimaggio.

So anyone think either of them would make a good Eggman?

DiMaggio, definitely. Hamil I feel would be a type cast.

Marusero 07-25-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117012)
Yeah, right.

What do you mean by that?

Marusero 07-27-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelestialOuroboros (Post 116769)
Nice choices for all three characters. Regarding Sonic, either Brian Donovan, Jason Liebrecht, Robbie Daymond, Todd Haberkorn, or Yuri Lowenthal would be my go-to picks if not Clifford Chapin. For Tails, either Brianne Siddall, Maxey Whitehead, or Mona Marshall could do the character justice. Amy... Oh, darn, this one's pretty tricky since I find that many of those ladies could work very well for her. Christine Marie Cabanos, Hynden Walch, Melissa Fahn, and Wendee Lee stand out, but everyone else aside from Sandy Fox (who'd be a better Cream honestly) is sweet! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your support, man. I appreciate it. :)

SonicWarrior234 07-27-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117138)
What do you mean by that?

You're right about Crispin being a LA based VA. I must have heard him in a FUNimation dub and thought he was in Dallas.

Marusero 07-27-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117272)
You're right about Crispin being a LA based VA. I must have heard him in a FUNimation dub and thought he was in Dallas.

Oh, okay. I just wanted to know. I also thought you said that "Yeah, right." in a sarcastic way.

SonicWarrior234 07-28-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117276)
Oh, okay. I just wanted to know. I also thought you said that "Yeah, right." in a sarcastic way.

Oh, naw! I didn't mean it like that. Lol.
Here, I made some adjustments:

Sonic the Hedgehog: Vic Mignogna
Miles "Tails" Prower: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Knuckles the Echidna: Chris Sabat
Amy Rose: Cherami Leigh
Cream the Rabbit: Carrie Savage
Big the Cat: Chris Cason
Shadow the Hedgehog: Matthew Mercer
Rouge the Bat: Leah Clark
E-123 Omega: Christopher Bevins
Silver the Hedgehog: Todd Haberkorn
Blaze the Cat: Caitlin Glass
Jet the Hawk: Micah Solusod
Wave the Swallow: Monica Rial
Storm the Albatross: Chris Sabat
Espio the Chameleon: J. Michael Tatum
Charmy Bee: Brina Palencia
Vector the Crocodile: Phil Parsons

Marusero 07-28-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117325)
Oh, naw! I didn't mean it like that. Lol.
Here, I made some adjustments:

Big: Chris Cason
Blaze: Caitlin Glass
Jet: Micah Solusod
Wave: Monica Rial
Storm: Chris Sabat
Espio: J. Michael Tatum

Not bad at all. Also, which voice of Micah Solusod made you cast him as Jet? As an alternative of Jet, would you maybe like Sonny Strait?

SonicWarrior234 07-28-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117337)
Not bad at all. Also, which voice of Micah Solusod made you cast him as Jet? As an alternative of Jet, would you maybe like Sonny Strait?

I was originally thinking Sonny, but I remembered Jet is supposed to be younger than Sonic. I was going based off his Yukine voice from Noragami.

Marusero 07-28-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117339)
I was originally thinking Sonny, but I remembered Jet is supposed to be younger than Sonic. I was going based off his Yukine voice from Noragami.

No problem, pal, I can understand. Dallas-wise, Vic Mignogna is your main pick for Sonic, as you saw that list of mine. Now, L.A.-wise, based on the guys I listed for Sonic, who'd be your pick?

SonicWarrior234 07-28-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117342)
No problem, pal, I can understand. Dallas-wise, Vic Mignogna is your main pick for Sonic, as you saw that list of mine. Now, L.A.-wise, based on the guys I listed for Sonic, who'd be your pick?

Hmmm... I'm cool with Roger, but I'd like to hear Johnny Yong Bosch as the Blue Blur.

Marusero 07-29-2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117363)
Hmmm... I'm cool with Roger, but I'd like to hear Johnny Yong Bosch as the Blue Blur.

Nice choice, Johnny's had quite an experience voicing hot-blooded characters. I also respect your opinion about you being cool with Roger, you're perfectly entitled to it. Personally, I'd go with Yuri Lowenthal. Why? Well, because I think he's got this kind of mix between Ryan, Jason and Roger. I mean, think about it. It could be something we could all enjoy in the end.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117371)
Nice choice, Johnny's had quite an experience voicing hot-blooded characters. I also respect your opinion about you being cool with Roger, you're perfectly entitled to it. Personally, I'd go with Yuri Lowenthal. Why? Well, because I think he's got this kind of mix between Ryan, Jason and Roger. I mean, think about it. It could be something we could all enjoy in the end.

Yeah. I was thinking either Yuri or Johnny. But ultimately Johnny won me over due to his voice and emotional range lending itself better toward Sonic's hyperactive yet chill personality.

Marusero 07-29-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117382)
Yeah. I was thinking either Yuri or Johnny. But ultimately Johnny won me over due to his voice and emotional range lending itself better toward Sonic's hyperactive yet chill personality.

I see. Which voice(s) of Johnny do you think would work for Sonic? You know, I can also see Johnny as Shadow using his Sasori voice.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117385)
I see. Which voice(s) of Johnny do you think would work for Sonic? You know, I can also see Johnny as Shadow using his Sasori voice.

A combination of his Zhang Bao voice in Dynasty Warriors 8 and his Bumblebee voice in Transformers: War for Cybertron.
As for Shadow, I think Kirk Thornton's Jin voice from Samurai Champloo could work.

Marusero 07-29-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117395)
A combination of his Zhang Bao voice in Dynasty Warriors 8 and his Bumblebee voice in Transformers: War for Cybertron.
As for Shadow, I think Kirk Thornton's Jin voice from Samurai Champloo could work.

Hm, what you said for Sonic could work well, I was just hearing some clips here and on YouTube. As for Shadow, however, I've never heard his Jin voice. Would you mind posting a link for me? Also, I remember you suggesting Dave Wittenberg as the latter.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117399)
Hm, what you said for Sonic could work well, I was just hearing some clips here and on YouTube. As for Shadow, however, I've never heard his Jin voice. Would you mind posting a link for me? Also, I remember you suggesting Dave Wittenberg as the latter.

Yeah. Dave would work as Shadow with Johnny as Sonic, for a the sake of a new voices. But here's his Jin voice (Samurai in blue with the glasses):

https://youtu.be/KkWJEGg_v1w

Marusero 07-29-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117400)
Yeah. Dave would work as Shadow with Johnny as Sonic, for a the sake of a new voices. But here's his Jin voice (Samuri in blue with the glasses):

https://youtu.be/KkWJEGg_v1w

Okay, got it. Thanks for the link, BTW.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117402)
Okay, got it. Thanks for the link, BTW.

Yeah, no problem. I think Kirk has some potential. He's just using the wrong voice.

Marusero 07-29-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117404)
Yeah, no problem. I think Kirk has some potential. He's just using the wrong voice.

Yeah, he'd be decent enough for a Shadow voice. Not only is Kirk using the wrong voice, but the recent writing is also letting him down. I actually think Kirk should use this voice for Shadow: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...anghai/Batman/

Lion's Edge 07-29-2016 06:04 PM

LA-wise, if I were to go for more of an anime-style voice cast, I've also been thinking that Erik Scott Kimerer (one of my favourite rising star VAs) could work pretty well as Sonic. His voice has this youthful and energetic feel (not to mention it sounds like a pretty nice blend of JYB and Spike Spencer), and his work as Alibaba Saluja particularly has the right sort of sound.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117407)
Yeah, he'd be decent enough for a Shadow voice. Not only is Kirk using the wrong voice, but the recent writing is also letting him down. I actually think Kirk should use this voice for Shadow: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...anghai/Batman/

Shanghai Batman could work for Shadow too. I thought his Jin was a bit closer to David Humphrey, tho. And the writing has definitely been lackluster for the recent games. Ian Flynn teased that he may be writing for the 2017 game, though. Which I'd be incredibly stoked for.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion's Edge (Post 117408)
LA-wise, if I were to go for more of an anime-style voice cast, I've also been thinking that Erik Scott Kimerer (one of my favourite rising star VAs) could work pretty well as Sonic. His voice has this youthful and energetic feel (not to mention it sounds like a pretty nice blend of JYB and Spike Spencer), and his work as Alibaba Saluja particularly has the right sort of sound.

Oh, definitely! Actually, I think he'd be a better choice than JYB now that I think about it. His Alibaba gives off some Ryan Drummond vibes.
Seems like he'll be voicing Speed O' Sound Sonic as well. Lol.

Marusero 07-29-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117409)
Shanghai Batman could work for Shadow too. I thought his Jin was a bit closer to David Humphrey, tho. And the writing has definitely been lackluster for the recent games. Ian Flynn teased that he may be writing for the 2017 game, though. Which I'd be incredibly stoked for.

Touché. On the topic of Shadow, if Jason came back as the character, I think he should use this voice: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...Joe-Shimamura/

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117412)
Touché. On the topic of Shadow, if Jason came back as the character, I think he should use this voice: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...Joe-Shimamura/

Oh yeah. It's kinda weird having Jason in a FUNimation dub.

Marusero 07-29-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117413)
Oh yeah. It's kinda weird having Jason in a FUNimation dub.

Thanks, man. I just thought that voice sounded similar to David's. You know, that was actually dubbed at NYAV Post. If Jason was to return as Sonic, I think he should pretty much sound smooth and natural like in Black Knight, and improve upon it. As for the voice itself, I wouldn't mind if he reverts back to the Unleashed voice.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117415)
Thanks, man. I just thought that voice sounded similar to David's. You know, that was actually dubbed at NYAV Post. If Jason was to return as Sonic, I think he should pretty much sound smooth and natural like in Black Knight, and improve upon it. As for the voice itself, I wouldn't mind if he reverts back to the Unleashed voice.

Black Knight definitely was Jason's best performance, as well as one of the best Sonic performances we've had. I dunno who the voice director was for that game, but they need to return, imo.

Marusero 07-29-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117416)
Black Knight definitely was Jason's best performance, as well as one of the best Sonic performances we've had. I dunno who the voice director was for that game, but they need to return, imo.

Yeah, it'd be interesting. BTW, who'd be your L.A.-based picks for Tails, Knuckles and Amy?

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117417)
Yeah, it'd be interesting. BTW, who'd be your L.A.-based picks for Tails, Knuckles and Amy?

Tails- Erica Mendez
Knuckles- David Vincent
Amy- Wendee Lee

Marusero 07-29-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117418)
Tails- Erica Mendez
Knuckles- David Vincent
Amy- Wendee Lee

Not bad, buddy.

For Tails, I think I'd most likely go with Mona Marshall, since she's a natural at voicing young boys. For Knuckles, IDK, I'll have to think about it. For Amy, same thing.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117419)
Not bad, buddy.

For Tails, I think I'd most likely go with Mona Marshall, since she's a natural at voicing young boys. For Knuckles, IDK, I'll have to think about it. For Amy, same thing.

I gotta admit, my Tails and Knuckles weren't that well thought out. Lol.
I'm not as familiar with LA actors as Dallas ones. But I know that Wendee Lee would make a **** good Amy.

Lion's Edge 07-29-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117420)
I gotta admit, my Tails and Knuckles weren't that well thought out. Lol.
I'm not as familiar with LA actors as Dallas ones. But I know that Wendee Lee would make a **** good Amy.

I'd recommend, if you're looking for LA voice talent, someone like Patrick Seitz or Matthew Mercer could work for Knux. Alternatively, someone like Kaiji Tang could quite possibly work also, I think.

Seitz is my top pick; largely as his gruff, deep voice reminds me of Dan Green's to an extent (similarly to Travis), but there's enough slight differences that he'd be able to really make it more his own. Plus, he's got the right sorta gruff attitude AND comedic timing, Ragna the Bloodedge in particular stands out to me as an exemplar for this, to capture the character.

SonicWarrior234 07-29-2016 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion's Edge (Post 117422)
I'd recommend, if you're looking for LA voice talent, someone like Patrick Seitz or Matthew Mercer could work for Knux. Alternatively, someone like Kaiji Tang could quite possibly work also, I think.

Seitz is my top pick; largely as his gruff, deep voice reminds me of Dan Green's to an extent (similarly to Travis), but there's enough slight differences that he'd be able to really make it more his own. Plus, he's got the right sorta gruff attitude AND comedic timing, Ragna the Bloodedge in particular stands out to me as an exemplar for this, to capture the character.

Hmmm. I haven't heard to much of Seitz outside of Lyric in Sonic Boom and Franky from One Piece. But he seems like he could work. Who do you think could work for a Scott Dreier type of LA Knuckles?

Marusero 07-29-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Patrick is one of my picks, actually. Granted, I haven't heard a lot from him, but I think this voice of his could work: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...on/Silverbolt/

Marusero 07-29-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Patrick is one of my picks for Knuckles, actually. Granted, I haven't heard a lot from him, but I think this voice of his could work: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...on/Silverbolt/