Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dream Casts (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2658)

Lion's Edge 07-30-2016 05:49 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117424)
Hmmm. I haven't heard to much of Seitz outside of Lyric in Sonic Boom and Franky from One Piece. But he seems like he could work. Who do you think could work for a Scott Dreier type of LA Knuckles?

Now, admittedly, I'm not actually a fan of Scott Dreier's Knux by any stretch of the word so I am not the best individual to ask, buuuut if you wanted something closer to Dreier... Matthew Mercer would be one solid pick; he's got a vocal tone sorta closer to Dreier, but I think he'd be able to inject far more personality and energy as a happy middle ground between Scott and Dan.


And here's the first part of my updated (very anime-influenced) cast so far (open to any suggestions for characters like Big, Eggman and E-123 Omega, who I am STILL struggling with)--

Sonic the Hedgehog: Erik Scott Kimerer (Alibaba Saluja, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
Miles "Tails" Prower: Michelle Ruff (Carl Clover, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
Knuckles the Echidhna: Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
Amy Rose: Cherami Leigh (Lucy Heartfilia, Fairy Tail)
Cream the Rabbit: Cassandra Lee Morris (Luna, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
Shadow the Hedgehog: Benjamin Diskin (Young Xehanort, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance)
Rouge the Bat: Megan Hollingshead (Rangiku Matsumoto, Bleach)
Blaze the Cat: Cristina Vee (Rei Hino/Sailor Mars, Sailor Moon)
Silver the Hedgehog: Bryce Papenbrook (Shirou Emiya, Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works)
Jet the Hawk: Todd Haberkorn (Natsu Dragneel, Fairy Tail)

SonicWarrior234 07-30-2016 08:46 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion's Edge (Post 117438)
Now, admittedly, I'm not actually a fan of Scott Dreier's Knux by any stretch of the word so I am not the best individual to ask, buuuut if you wanted something closer to Dreier... Matthew Mercer would be one solid pick; he's got a vocal tone sorta closer to Dreier, but I think he'd be able to inject far more personality and energy as a happy middle ground between Scott and Dan.


And here's the first part of my updated (very anime-influenced) cast so far (open to any suggestions for characters like Big, Eggman and E-123 Omega, who I am STILL struggling with)--

Sonic the Hedgehog: Erik Scott Kimerer (Alibaba Saluja, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
Miles "Tails" Prower: Michelle Ruff (Carl Clover, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
Knuckles the Echidhna: Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
Amy Rose: Cherami Leigh (Lucy Heartfilia, Fairy Tail)
Cream the Rabbit: Cassandra Lee Morris (Luna, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
Shadow the Hedgehog: Benjamin Diskin (Young Xehanort, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance)
Rouge the Bat: Megan Hollingshead (Rangiku Matsumoto, Bleach)
Blaze the Cat: Cristina Vee (Rei Hino/Sailor Mars, Sailor Moon)
Silver the Hedgehog: Bryce Papenbrook (Shirou Emiya, Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works)
Jet the Hawk: Todd Haberkorn (Natsu Dragneel, Fairy Tail)

I tend to prefer Scott's take on Knuckles as I think it fits his character more. But yeah. Matthew Mercer would probably be the best choice for that type of Knuckles. And that's a very interesting cast you picked.

Marusero 07-30-2016 09:39 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117424)
Who do you think could work for a Scott Dreier type of LA Knuckles?

How about Kyle Hebert or Reuben Langdon? Let me post some links for you below.

Kyle Hebert: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...Fighter-5/Ryu/

Reuben Langdon: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...5/Ken-Masters/

SonicWarrior234 07-30-2016 09:44 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117477)
How about Kyle Hebert or Reuben Langdon? Let me post some links for you below.

Kyle Hebert: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...Fighter-5/Ryu/

Reuben Langdon: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...5/Ken-Masters/

I can't unhear Kyle Hebert as anyone else but Gohan, Ryu and Big... 😂

As for Reuben Langdon, he'd have put a bit more bass in his voice.

Marusero 07-30-2016 09:48 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117479)
I can't unhear Kyle Hebert as anyone else but Gohan, Ryu and Big... ��

As for Reuben Langdon, he'd have put a bit more bass in his voice.

I see. Still, Kyle would be a great fit for Knuckles.

You're probably right about Reuben, he should make his voice slightly deeper.

SonicWarrior234 07-31-2016 09:14 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117480)
I see. Still, Kyle would be a great fit for Knuckles.

You're probably right about Reuben, he should make his voice slightly deeper.

Well, what's just your Dream Cast in general?

Marusero 08-01-2016 05:30 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117557)
Well, what's just your Dream Cast in general?

It's tough for me, but I'll try to show it to you when I get the chance to do so.

SonicWarrior234 08-01-2016 03:33 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117577)
It's tough for me, but I'll try to show it to you when I get the chance to do so.

Ah okay. I dunno if you saew mine, but this is my general Dream Cast:
Sonic the Hedgehog: Ryan Drummond
Miles "Tails" Prower: Tara Strong
Knuckles the Echidna: Scott Dreier
Shadow the Hedgehog: David Humphrey
Rouge the Bat: Grey Delisle
E-123 Omega: Jon St. John
Amy Rose: Jennifer Douillard
Cream the Rabbit: Janice Kawaye
Big the Cat: Jon St. John
Silver the Hedgehog: Danny Cooksey
Blaze the Cat: Jennifer Hale
Jet the Hawk: Jason Marsden
Wave the Swallow: Kimberly Brooks
Storm the Albatross: Clancy Brown
Espio the Chameleon: Bill Corkery
Charmy Bee: Emily Corkery
Vector the Crocodile: Marc Biagi
Dr. Eggman: Jim Cummings

Marusero 08-01-2016 03:45 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117597)
Ah okay. I dunno if you saew mine, but this is my general Dream Cast:

Sonic the Hedgehog: Ryan Drummond
Miles "Tails" Prower: Tara Strong
Knuckles the Echidna: Scott Dreier
Shadow the Hedgehog: David Humphrey
Rouge the Bat: Grey Delisle
E-123 Omega: Jon St. John
Amy Rose: Jennifer Douillard
Cream the Rabbit: Janice Kawaye
Big the Cat: Jon St. John
Silver the Hedgehog: Danny Cooksey
Blaze the Cat: Jennifer Hale
Jet the Hawk: Jason Marsden
Wave the Swallow: Kimberly Brooks
Storm the Albatross: Clancy Brown
Espio the Chameleon: Bill Corkery
Charmy Bee: Emily Corkery
Vector the Crocodile: Marc Biagi
Dr. Eggman: Jim Cummings

I think I saw that cast before. Actually, you know what? Here's a cast of mine using previous VAs.

Sonic: Ryan Drummond / Jason Griffith

Tails: Kate Higgins / Colleen O'Shaughnessey

Dr. Eggman: Mike Pollock

Knuckles: Scott Dreier

Amy: Lisa Ortiz

Shadow: David Humphrey / Jason Griffith

Cream: Michelle Ruff

Rouge: Karen Strassman

Big: Kyle Hebert

Vector: Marc Biagi / Keith Silverstein

Charmy: Amy Birnbaum / Colleen O'Shaughnessey

Espio: David Wills / Troy Baker

Omega: Jon St. John / Vic Mignogna

Jet: Jason Griffith

Storm: Dan Green / Travis Willingham

Wave: Kate Higgins

Blaze: Erica Schroeder / Laura Bailey

Silver: Quinton Flynn

As you can see, I went for something that I'd like to call variety, if it makes sense.

SonicWarrior234 08-01-2016 03:52 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117599)
I think I saw that cast before. Actually, you know what? Here's a cast of mine using previous VAs.

Sonic: Ryan Drummond / Jason Griffith

Tails: Kate Higgins / Colleen O'Shaughnessey

Dr. Eggman: Mike Pollock

Knuckles: Scott Dreier

Amy: Lisa Ortiz

Shadow: David Humphrey / Jason Griffith

Cream: Michelle Ruff

Rouge: Karen Strassman

Big: Kyle Hebert

Vector: Marc Biagi / Keith Silverstein

Charmy: Amy Birnbaum / Colleen O'Shaughnessey

Espio: David Wills / Troy Baker

Omega: Jon St. John / Vic Mignogna

Jet: Jason Griffith

Storm: Dan Green / Travis Willingham

Wave: Kate Higgins

Blaze: Erica Schroeder / Laura Bailey

Silver: Quinton Flynn

As you can see, I went with something that I'd like to call variety, if it makes sense.

Not bad. The one I made is kinda what I imagined the cast would be like after Advance 3 if 4Kids didn't take over.

Marusero 08-01-2016 03:59 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117600)
Not bad. The one I made is kinda what I imagined the cast would be like after Advance 3 if 4Kids didn't take over.

Thanks, pal. Now that you explained why you made that cast, I now understand clearly. You know, the cast I did is kind of like a "basis" for other casts that I'd make in the future.

SonicWarrior234 08-01-2016 04:07 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117601)
Thanks, pal. Now that you explained why you made that cast, I now understand clearly. You know, the cast I did is kind of like a "basis" for other casts that I'd make in the future.

Yeah. It'd be interesting to hear how members from certain casts would sound with members of other casts.

Marusero 08-01-2016 04:31 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicWarrior234 (Post 117605)
Yeah. It'd be interesting to hear how members from certain casts would sound with members of other casts.

I agree. Another thing, I put the characters' names in order just like in the Japanese Sonic Channel website.

Marusero 08-05-2016 09:56 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
(I'm just updating my list of casting choices for Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy.)

Sonic the Hedgehog
Johnny Yong Bosch
Ian James Corlett
Richard Ian Cox
Robbie Daymond
Lucien Dodge
Brian Donovan
Chris Edgerly
Quinton Flynn
Andrew Francis
Josh Grelle
Todd Haberkorn
Josh Keaton
Erik Kimerer
Jason Liebrecht
Yuri Lowenthal
Jason Marsden
Vic Mignogna
Kirby Morrow
Bryce Papenbrook
Chris Patton
Michael Rosenbaum
Michael Sinterniklaas
Micah Solusod
Spike Spencer
Steve Staley
Brad Swaile
James Arnold Taylor
Austin Tindle
Sam Vincent

Miles "Tails" Prower
Luci Christian
Colleen Clinkenbeard
Debi Derryberry
Maile Flanagan
Saffron Henderson
Brittney Karbowski
Wendee Lee
Mona Marshall
Erica Mendez
Brina Palencia
Brianne Siddall
Tara Strong
Cathy Weseluck
Maxey Whitehead

Knuckles the Echidna
Troy Baker
Steve Blum
Robert Buchholz
Marc Diraison
Brian Drummond
Doug Erholtz
Kyle Hebert
Lex Lang
Reuben Langdon
Scott McNeil
Matthew Mercer
Nolan North
Christopher Sabat
Patrick Seitz
Roger Craig Smith
Skip Stellrecht
David Vincent
Dave Wittenberg

Amy Rose
Laura Bailey
G.K. Bowes
Christine Marie Cabanos
Shannon Chan-Kent
Luci Christian
Leah Clark
Grey DeLisle
Melissa Fahn
Kate Higgins
Mela Lee
Wendee Lee
Cherami Leigh
Andrea Libman
Erica Mendez
Cassandra Lee Morris
Tara Platt
Monica Rial
Michelle Ruff
Carrie Savage
Stephanie Sheh
Tabitha St. Germain
Tara Strong
Alexis Tipton
Cristina Valenzuela
Kari Wahlgren
Hynden Walch

Edit 1: I added Andrew Francis for Sonic.

Edit 2: I added Skip Stellrecht for Knuckles.

Edit 3: I added Michael Rosenbaum for Sonic.

Edit 4: I added Carrie Savage for Amy.

Edit 5: I added Luci Christian for Tails.

HyperVoiceActing 08-07-2016 02:22 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Colleen is already voicing Tails

Marusero 08-07-2016 08:06 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperVoiceActing (Post 117778)
Colleen is already voicing Tails

Pardon me, but the Colleen I listed there was Colleen Clinkenbeard, not O'Shaughnessey. Just pointing that out.

VoteForSirAtlas 08-11-2016 01:26 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
How about Sonic the Hedgehog with Chase Young's Xiaolin Chronicles voice? Please listen to it at http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...wn/Chase-Young.

ConfusedPhantom 08-23-2016 01:02 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Jason Marsden would be a fantastic Sonic. He'd have to play it differently than Chase, but yeah.

Marusero 08-27-2016 07:45 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
For those of you who would like to hear Chris Edgerly as Sonic someday, think about this voice: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ns/Spider-Ham/

Troodon2 08-28-2016 06:21 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Actually here's a thought... Anyone ever thought of Michael Rossenbaum as Sonic and C Thomas Hall as Shadow?

GreenGoblin75 08-28-2016 07:18 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Troodon2 (Post 118453)
Actually here's a thought... Anyone ever thought of Michael Rossenbaum as Sonic and C Thomas Hall as Shadow?

That'd be pretty dang awesome.

ConfusedPhantom 09-08-2016 10:36 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Troodon2 (Post 118453)
Actually here's a thought... Anyone ever thought of Michael Rossenbaum as Sonic and C Thomas Hall as Shadow?

Kinda think Michael would make him sound too old honestly. He'd perform it well though.

Marusero 09-09-2016 04:38 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ConfusedPhantom (Post 118721)
Kinda think Michael would make him sound too old honestly. He'd perform it well though.

How about Michael makes his voice slightly higher-pitched?

ConfusedPhantom 09-09-2016 07:20 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 118727)
How about Michael makes his voice slightly higher-pitched?

It could work, if he did try, maybe

Marusero 09-09-2016 07:55 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ConfusedPhantom (Post 118747)
It could work, if he did try, maybe

Thanks, and yeah, some adjustments would have to be done.

Marusero 09-25-2016 05:52 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 117720)
Sonic the Hedgehog
Johnny Yong Bosch
Ian James Corlett
Richard Ian Cox
Robbie Daymond
Lucien Dodge
Brian Donovan
Chris Edgerly
Quinton Flynn
Andrew Francis
Josh Grelle
Todd Haberkorn
Josh Keaton
Erik Kimerer
Jason Liebrecht
Yuri Lowenthal
Jason Marsden
Vic Mignogna
Kirby Morrow
Bryce Papenbrook
Chris Patton
Michael Rosenbaum
Michael Sinterniklaas
Micah Solusod
Spike Spencer
Steve Staley
Brad Swaile
James Arnold Taylor
Austin Tindle
Sam Vincent

Going back to this, I'd like to justify as best as possible why I think some of these VAs would fit Sonic very well.

Johnny Yong Bosch: Yes, it's kind of a type-casting choice, but his higher-register voices seem to be pretty fitting.

Brian Donovan: Based on his Rock Lee from Naruto, I think he could pull Sonic off.

Chris Edgerly: Using his Spider-Ham voice from Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, he would emulate Ryan Drummond's voice.

Quinton Flynn: He seems to be pretty versatile as a VA, so it'd be interesting to see how he handles Sonic.

Todd Haberkorn: He has this energetic feel to his voice that could suit Sonic quite well.

Josh Keaton: Type-casting, yes, but he seems to be really good as that kind of character.

Yuri Lowenthal: Just like Keaton, type-casting, but I think he'd be able to nail Sonic's personality. His performance as Simon from Gurren Lagann shares similar character traits to Sonic. I also think he'd sound like Ryan Drummond, Jason Griffith and Roger Craig Smith in one.

That's it for now, but I will establish justifications for other VAs later.

SonicWarrior234 09-29-2016 06:41 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
I also think Richard Ian Cox could pull off Sonic.

SonicWarrior234 10-23-2016 12:22 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Jillian Michaels could make a great Tails, too.

TrueMyriad 11-16-2016 07:33 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
I think the current LA cast is improving more and more :) But if I chose an LA cast for Sonic the Hedgehog, the changes I would have made:
Yuri Lowenthal as Sonic
Kate Higgins as Tails(keep)
Evan Smith(Junpei in Zero Time Dilemma) as Knuckles
Cristina Vee, Cherami Leigh, or Eden Riegel as Amy
Shadow-Johnny Yong Bosch

huzaifa_ahmed 11-16-2016 11:06 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marusero (Post 119147)
Going back to this, I'd like to justify as best as possible why I think some of these VAs would fit Sonic very well.

Johnny Yong Bosch: Yes, it's kind of a type-casting choice, but his higher-register voices seem to be pretty fitting.

Brian Donovan: Based on his Rock Lee from Naruto, I think he could pull Sonic off.

Chris Edgerly: Using his Spider-Ham voice from Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, he would emulate Ryan Drummond's voice.

Quinton Flynn: He seems to be pretty versatile as a VA, so it'd be interesting to see how he handles Sonic.

Todd Haberkorn: He has this energetic feel to his voice that could suit Sonic quite well.

Josh Keaton: Type-casting, yes, but he seems to be really good as that kind of character.

Yuri Lowenthal: Just like Keaton, type-casting, but I think he'd be able to nail Sonic's personality. His performance as Simon from Gurren Lagann shares similar character traits to Sonic. I also think he'd sound like Ryan Drummond, Jason Griffith and Roger Craig Smith in one.

That's it for now, but I will establish justifications for other VAs later.

I, too, have felt that Yuri would make a great Sonic, as well as the other VAs you made that big list for. Interesting, he dubbed Kanemaru in one anime. Greg Cipes, JAT & Will Friedle would he absolutely perf as well.

I kind of prefer the more consistent voice that Knuckles had originally- it is what his early English dub-overs were based on. I think someone like Marc Diraison (I'd vastly prefer him over Dan Green, in fact), Crispin Freeman, RCS, Tony Oliver, Kirk Thornton, Dave Wittenberg (good for Sonic too), Chris Patton, Michael Donovan, Mark Hildreth, Sonny Strait, Alan Tudyk, *maybe* Cam Clarke?

Going off of Kanna's gruff, older, light baritone (versus Sonic's low, smooth-sounding tenor) performance.

HyperVoiceActing 11-24-2016 03:34 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
I'm personally fine with the current voice actors on board, but I figured I'd go ahead and try once again at a Sonic "What If" Recast. With the exception of Eggman (because honestly, Mike's just too perfect IMO to replace) I tried to go with actors who've [up to this point] never played their respective characters before.

Sonic the Hedgehog - Rino Romano
Dr Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - Mike Pollock*
Miles "Tails" Prower - Nika Futterman
Knuckles the Echidna - either Nolan North or Crispen Freeman
Orbot and Cubot - Ben Diskin and Tom Kenny

Amy Rose - Grey Griffin
Cream the Rabbit - Danielle Judovits
Big the Cat - John DiMaggio
Vanilla the Rabbit - either Catlin Glass or Jennifer Hale

Shadow the Hedgehog - either Keith Ferguson or Jeff Bennett
Rouge the Bat - either April Stewart or Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
E-123 Omega - JB Blanc

Vector the Crocodile - Clancy Brown
Espio the Chameleon - Patrick Seitz
Charmy Bee - either Kari Wahlgren or Kate Higgins

Silver the Hedgehog - Liam O'Brian
Blaze the Cat - Kari Wahlgren
Omachao - Tara Strong

*(if I absolutely had to replace Mike, I'd go with John DiMaggio)

huzaifa_ahmed 01-28-2017 02:14 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
A Texas one, consistent w/the JP & Dreamcast-era English dub cast.

Austin Tindle (or maybe Josh Grelle) as Sonic
Tatum or Robert McCollum (or Schemmel) as Knuckles
Colleen Clinkenbeard - Tails
Alexis Tipton - Amy
Kent Williams - Eggman
Alex Organ - Shadow
Monica Rial - Omochao
Mike McFarland - Big Cat
Tatum - Espio Ninja
Christopher Sabat XD - Vector Croc
Black Doom - Jason Douglas

Similar one for LA w/cartoon VAs:

Sonic - Josh Keaton (easily)
Knuckles - Alan Tudyk or Robin Atkin Downes
Tails - Kath Soucie
Amy - Jennifer Hale
Eggman - Corey Burton or Keith Szarabazjka
Shadow - Scott Porter or James Arnold Taylor
Omochao - Jessica DiCicco
Big the Cat - DiMaggio easily
Espio - Paul Nakauchi
Vector - Fred Tatasciore
Black Doom - Tony Todd

Japan:

Sonic - Takahiro Sakurai
Knuckles - Daisuke Namikawa or Nobuyuki Hiyama
Tails - Megumi Han
Amy - Saori Hayami
Eggman - current VA
Shadow - Noriaki Sugiyama
Omochao - current VA
Big the Cat - Fumihiko Tachiki
Espio - Hideo Ishikawa
Black Doom - Akio Ōtsuka

I also wouldve preferred Marc Diraison over Dan Green back in the 4Kids days.

HyperVoiceActing 01-28-2017 03:28 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Some decent choices. Never considered Burton as an Eggman, but I can see it working fairly well. Also think Tatasciore as Vector is another good choice, even if it does feel a bit typecast-ish.

I do wanna get a few nitpick-y things out of the way though:
*I find it weird that you listed Black Doom there; it just seems like a real random addition. Why not have Charmy listed instead? Especially since you already have the other two Chaotix members listed.
*Speaking of which, Espio is a chameleon. Seeing Espio Ninja kind of bugs me for some reason.

Troodon2 01-28-2017 05:10 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Orbot - Phil LaMarr
Cubot - Tom Kenny
Styx - Jessica Dicicco
Rouge - Grey Delisle

huzaifa_ahmed 01-28-2017 05:13 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Thanks. For foreign/established characters I try to consider previous voices & those who've shared roles in the past. It's a nice starting point for me sometimes, gives an idea. Eggman's VA from the games (RIP) dubbed over Captain Hook for awhile, & I thought it was similar enough & that Corey would similarly fit Eggman.

With Vector I felt that 4Kids/Sega drasticly changed his dub voice to where I found it rather annoying (no offense to Silverstein), & I felt that the Killer Croc-esque voice that Kenta Miyake & Dan Green had brought, was much better. I could also use John DiMaggio actually, but I felt John would best fit Big the Cat.

As for the characters I put..I am not too familiar with Sonic outside 4Kids' X adaptation, Heroes, Riders, & Secret Rings, plus the GBA games. Been playing a bit of Adventure on Steam, but not a huge priority. I put the characters that I've seen rummaging through clips on here, Black Doom (mainly the JP one, but the dub too) being an exceptionay awesome one.

Marusero 01-28-2017 07:46 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Vector the Crocodile: Brett Weaver

This casting choice was inspired by this video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=-_rkqk7rwbE (skip to pretty much 1:38)

Toonatic 02-10-2017 12:56 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Sonic the Hedgehog - Jaleel White

Tails - Colleen Villard

Sally - Kath Soucie

Amy - Lisa Ortiz

Cream - Rebecca Honig

Knuckles - Dan Green

Sticks - Nika Futterman

Antoine - Rob Paulsen

Rotor - Mark Ballou

Bunnie Rabbot - Nancy Cartwright

The Oracle - Maurice LaMarche

Vector - Bobcat Goldthwait

Espio - Dave Willis

Charmy - Amy Birnbaum

Dr. Eggman - Mike Pollack

Snively - Charlie Adler

Scratch - Phil Hayes

Grounder - Garry Chalk

Orbot - Kirk Thornton

Cubot - Wally Wingert

Sleet - Maurice LaMarche

Rouge - Kathleen Delaney

Shadow the Hedgehog - Jason Anthony Griffith

Troodon2 03-03-2017 10:04 AM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Ah well, I'll make my own.

Sonic - Eric Bauza
Tails - Collin Dean
Amy - Kari Wahlgren
Knuckles - Rick. D Wasserman
Dr. Eggman - Mark Hamill
Orbot - Phil LaMarr
Cubot - Tom Kenny
Rouge - Grey Delisle
Shadow - Scott Porter
Stix - Jessica DiCicco

huzaifa_ahmed 03-03-2017 01:49 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Troodon2 (Post 124683)
Ah well, I'll make my own.

Sonic - Eric Bauza
Tails - Collin Dean
Amy - Kari Wahlgren
Knuckles - Rick. D Wasserman
Dr. Eggman - Mark Hamill
Orbot - Phil LaMarr
Cubot - Tom Kenny
Rouge - Grey Delisle
Shadow - Scott Porter
Stix - Jessica DiCicco

This is interesting - I especially like the ones bolded (yay Bauza!), but Collin Dean is never happening. We already had the headache of replacing several young boys as Tails, & that's beyond the fact that the Japanese just dont use child actors for extended/long-running properties (& quite frankly, their approach is far more practical).

I'm not sure about RDW, I think that's based on Travis's take which is much deeper than how the character was portrayed before the shift to English-first, & Travis's take was based off the 4Kids dub. Someone like (off TOMH) Michael Gough, Matthew Mercer, Darren Criss, Cam Clarke, or RAD, would be much better I feel. He sounds "like a man", but not burly which is what what they've done in the new US-original shows.

Lion's Edge 03-03-2017 05:48 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Troodon2 (Post 124683)
Ah well, I'll make my own.

Sonic - Eric Bauza
Tails - Collin Dean
Amy - Kari Wahlgren
Knuckles - Rick. D Wasserman
Dr. Eggman - Mark Hamill
Orbot - Phil LaMarr
Cubot - Tom Kenny
Rouge - Grey Delisle
Shadow - Scott Porter
Stix - Jessica DiCicco

tbh, I... really like the idea of Eric Bauza as Sonic, A LOT; I am surprised I didn't think of it. Considering that the man can seemingly do darn well near everything...

And doing yet another update on my cast; will be working also on a MUCH larger cast, covering a more extensive history of the character but these were the ones I felt I had to get down.


Sonic the Hedgehog: Erik Kimerer (Alibaba Saluja, Magi) OR Max Mittelman (Blurr, Transformers: Rescue Bots)

Miles Prower/Tails: Erica Mendez (Aladdin, Magi)
Knuckles the Echidna: Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
Amy Rose: Cherami Leigh (Lucy Heartfillia, Fairy Tail)
Cream the Rabbit: Jessica DiCicco (Olette, Kingdom Hearts II)
Vector the Crocodile: Fred Tatasciore (Magnus, Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Espio the Chameleon: Dave Wittenberg (Kakashi Hatake, Naruto)
Charmy Bee: Cristina Vee (Hawk, The Seven Deadly Sins)

Shadow the Hedgehog: Ray Chase (Noctis Lucis Caelum, Final Fantasy XV)
Rouge the Bat: Megan Hollingshead (Mai Valentine, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)
Silver the Hedgehog: Lucien Dodge (Sin Kiske, Guilty Gear Xrd)
Blaze the Cat: Courtnee Draper (Elizabeth Comstock, Bioshock Infinite)

Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik: John DiMaggio (Drew Lipsky/Doctor Drakken, Kim Possible)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.