Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Street Fighter V (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15689)

NCZ 07-18-2015 02:45 PM

Street Fighter V

Some new info on SFV was dropped today at Evo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKOdwkGUMAE-uXS.jpg

All I can say is: NIIIIIIIIIIIICE. The last point especially has me ecstatic. It's already confirmed that the updates will exclusively be DLC, with no expansion discs like there were in previous games (which should hopefully shut up the 5 billion people who think they're hilarious clever and original by saying "HURR HURR I'M GUNNA WAIT TILL SUPER ULTRA MEGA STREET FIGHTER V HD LOOOOOOOOOL"). That and the fact that all DLC characters will basically be unlockable without any money is just amazingly good.

Man, I can't wait for this game. Street Fighter IV feels like it came out ages ago (no joke, the difference between the initial launches of this and SFIV will be only one year less than the difference between SFIV and Third Strike. Seriously.)

On top of all the characters we know of, there was some other cool new stuff shared recently, just to recap:

- Two new stages: Brazil and New Zealand/Forgotten Waterfall (Brazil stage will tie in with an announcement at the Brazil Game Show in October)
- Preview of some music

The only thing I don't really like is what they did with Birdie's character. I'm glad he's back since he was one of the characters I wanted for SFIV who never made it but... ehhhhhhh. Really not fond of the "HILARIOUS obese slob who loves eating doughnuts!!!!" direction they took with him. Not a fan of the in-your-face sense of humour that permeates all of Ono's games.

The new Ken is sick, though. Really hope Capcom has learned from the mistakes they made over the past few years. Everything about this game seems to be just right so far, so hopefully they don't screw it up.

electronic456 07-18-2015 05:39 PM

Re: Street Fighter V

So I had a look at the M.Bison and Ken trailers for the game to look at the gameplay.

It looks pretty tame the fighting.... About the same level as Smash Bros.

I've also had a look at the lore of the characters and just went 'meh'.... I prefer the characters in Mortal Kombat. I mean characters like Johnny Cage, Scorpion and Sub-Zero they just appeal to me more.

However if there is a story mode. I hope you can get to play as everyone in their respective chapters if that's possible. That was a problem with Mortal Kombat X.

Also 16 characters.... That's a lot less than what Mortal Kombat X has.

NCZ 07-18-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

I've also had a look at the lore of the characters and just went 'meh'....
You mean the story/background/personality? Personally I feel the beauty of Street Fighter is the straightforward but likeable nature of its characters. All of the lore and story elements are generally understated, but go together to make a cohesive whole. I prefer that approach to the drown-you-in-text style that some other series tend to go for, especially as most fighters tend to have weak storylines (King of Fighters and Tekken are probably high up there, though Tekken's story lost its way a bit in 5/6).

The character count is pretty low, but you have to realize that they basically redid the game from the ground up compared to SFIV. Roughly 16 characters is generally standard for the first new installment of any fighter. It's only with updates and sequels that they start to balloon. I can't think of many fighters that had more than 20 characters right from the get-go.

It's all about quality to me. If you add too many than it becomes nearly impossible to maintain an overall consistent level of quality, polish, and balance. I'll take 16 well-balanced and fleshed out fighters over 50 lackluster ones.

Quote:

It looks pretty tame the fighting.... About the same level as Smash Bros.
What do you mean by this, you mean the gameplay? Street Fighter is the granddaddy of all fighting games. This comment makes me wonder, have you played SF? What makes the series great is that it doesn't bury itself in gimmicks and bloat. It's straight, down-to-earth skill. Easy to pick up and play but still complex and a marvel to watch in high-level play.

electronic456 07-18-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 97337)
You mean the story/background/personality? Personally I feel the beauty of Street Fighter is the straightforward but likeable nature of its characters. All of the lore and story elements are generally understated, but go together to make a cohesive whole. I prefer that approach to the drown-you-in-text style that some other series tend to go for, especially as most fighters tend to have weak storylines (King of Fighters and Tekken are probably high up there, though Tekken's story lost its way a bit in 5/6).

The character count is pretty low, but you have to realize that they basically redid the game from the ground up compared to SFIV. Roughly 16 characters is generally standard for the first new installment of any fighter. It's only with updates and sequels that they start to balloon. I can't think of many fighters that had more than 20 characters right from the get-go.

It's all about quality to me. If you add too many than it becomes nearly impossible to maintain an overall consistent level of quality, polish, and balance. I'll take 16 well-balanced and fleshed out fighters over 50 lackluster ones.

I meant story.... I don't have a clue about the personalities yet. Although I expect Cammy to be about the same as Sonya Blade. That's about it... I wonder what kind of evil is M.Bison.

Quote:

What do you mean by this, you mean the gameplay? Street Fighter is the granddaddy of all fighting games. This comment makes me wonder, have you played SF? What makes the series great is that it doesn't bury itself in gimmicks and bloat. It's straight, down-to-earth skill. Easy to pick up and play but still complex and a marvel to watch in high-level play.
To be honest... I haven`t picked up on SF in a long time... So I think what I just said was due to. not seeing the franchise evolve over the years. Also maybe I`m just absorbed into the the gory gameplay of MK.

Bauglir100 07-19-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 97337)

Agreed. Street Fighter is fun because of its fluent control and memorable characters. I've only played a couple SF games, but I love them all the same. :)

Fulgore2005 07-20-2015 07:32 AM

Capcom's plans for the DLC are… interesting.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/all.../1100-6429002/

Bauglir100 07-21-2015 07:16 PM

Any characters you hope get a comeback (besides those already announced)?

I personally would like to see Sawada and/or the Bison Troopers from Street Fighter: The Movie appear at some point. They'd be great additions if the right people worked on them.

Metabad 07-21-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bauglir100 (Post 97534)
Any characters you hope get a comeback (besides those already announced)?

Remy.

NCZ 07-21-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bauglir100 (Post 97534)
I personally would like to see Sawada and/or the Bison Troopers from Street Fighter: The Movie appear at some point. They'd be great additions if the right people worked on them.

I think they're probably stuck in non-canon hell (just like the cast of Street Fighter EX). I seem to remember one of the troopers had this really weird ending that implied he was Guile's brother or something though. That game was weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metabad (Post 97535)
Remy.

Remy was cool. They didn't really get to do much with his character (since he was only ever in one game) but I liked his design and personality; he was like Capcom's take on Iori from KOF. That and his counter special made me favour him way more than Guile (whom, to be honest, I never really cared for), though I'd probably put him about on par with Charlie. One of the more mysterious Street Fighters. I wouldn't put him quite at the top compared to other SFIII characters (namely Alex and Urien) but he's always been up there for me.

Bauglir100 07-22-2015 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 97536)
I think they're probably stuck in non-canon hell (just like the cast of Street Fighter EX). I seem to remember one of the troopers had this really weird ending that implied he was Guile's brother or something though. That game was weird.

True, but you gotta admit that it would be cool if Fei Long had Sawada's blue camo fatigues as an alternate costume. Same with Kevin Striker's space-suit for Ken (since Ken is the name of Kevin Striker in the English version of "Street Fighter 2010").

Not only was Blade (that trooper from "Street Fighter: The Movie") Guile's brother, but he was also Gunloc from "Slam Masters" in disguise. So I guess I ought to add Gunloc to my list of hopeful comebacks, too. And like with Sawada/Fei Long, his Bison Trooper armor could work as an alternate costume.

And since Charlie Nash is returning, maybe his incarnation from the movies and animated series (Carlos Blanka, that is) could be alternate skins for his character.

Then, add some stages based on the movie, the animated series, and "Street Fighter 2010", and you'll have what I call the "Street Fighter Legends" pack.

NCZ 10-26-2015 05:03 PM

Wow, this new trailer looks amazing!

electronic456 10-26-2015 05:34 PM

I'm hoping for some really good themes from the game. Ken and Ryu both sound awesome. But for others like Cammy's new one. It doesn't really fit my taste. But that's just me.

Ryu theme

Ken theme

Although I'm a bit disappointed that Guile might not be there considering Charlie is back and he looks like he's taken his spot. :/

NCZ 10-26-2015 05:42 PM

Street Fighter music has always been good. I've only checked out a couple of the samples (I want to remain as pure as possible so I can be surprised when I play the game) but I like them. Vega, Charlie, and Ken's themes all sound excellent.

I dunno how common this perspective is, but uh, to be honest I've never really liked Guile all that much. Something about him has always bugged me and I feel it's probably a combination of his design, role in the story, and personality being unappealing to me. I always preferred Charlie (and even Remy) as a character, plus it feels more fresh to have him than the same old SFII characters we've seen over and over. I'm not happy Zangief's in the game either for similar reasons, but oh well.

(Also Guile's theme is only popular because of the time it became a meme and doesn't even come close to being among the best Street Fighter songs. That might be getting really edgy though.)

electronic456 10-26-2015 05:49 PM

Guile's theme keeps me motivated. It's just really good to listen to. Most of time.... Depending how they do it.

NCZ 10-26-2015 05:59 PM

The best motivational theme in fighting games is the training theme from MVC2.

electronic456 10-26-2015 11:44 PM

I could've edited one of my posts but.... NCZ,I noticed you're not happy about Zangief being in the game.:confused:

I get that Zangief is annoying to go up against. Even Rich Moore( the director of Wreck-It Ralph) states this. But.... Zangief is kind of cool and entertaining character. He's one of the best Russian characters in media.

Personally for me Zangief usually can be the best part in anything Street Fighter related whenever he's there. In fact he's arguably one of best parts in the 1994 Street Fighter movie.

Plus he's kind of big face for the franchise right now. Ah well... Here's to all the Piledriving that's gonna be in the game.

NCZ 10-27-2015 10:58 AM

I dunno. I've just always found Zangief to be somewhat uninteresting. I'm not really a fan of his character design and I've never really enjoyed his playstyle. I recognize that the latter has its fans though, but my problem is that Zangief is just so... vanilla.

I tend to dislike "big guy" characters in fighting games, but the more I think of it, the more I just hate boring ones. Characters like Zangief, Potemkin, or E. Honda, I don't care for, but I love characters like Alex, Hakan, or Tizoc/Griffin Mask because they're visually and functionally memorable. Tekken is a series that I look to as an example because I actually like almost all of their "big guy" characters from both character and playstyle perspectives. And I have to give props to Shermie from King of Fighters, for filling the "big guy" niche while A) being a likeable and memorable character personality, design, and role-in-the-story wise, and B) being a slim lady.

So many fighting games just fall into the pratfall of having the "big guy" be just a big guy with nothing unique about him, which I think is disappointing. Zangief is one of those, unfortunately.

And also because Alex is one of my favourite characters from SFIII and I (and many other fans) were looking forward to seeing him come back. Missing out on him in favour of Zangief, who we've seen so many times before already, just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm sure he'll be DLC later down the line or something, but I feel like having Zangief instead of him at launch isn't a particularly exciting move on Capcom's part.

NCZ 10-27-2015 08:21 PM

The game will launch on February 16th in Europe and the Americas, and the 18th in Japan.

That's far sooner than I expected. The Japanese website had it set for Spring, so that + Capcom's FY report implied that it'd be March. Very excited about this. February is set to be an amazing month for games!

Capcom've also promised to have 6 additional DLC characters available between then, and February 2017. Excellent to see a committed plan to support the game. Hopefully we get some fan favourites.

NachoElephant 04-01-2016 07:25 PM

Great to have Alex in Street Fighter V :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9bkK7YiceI
I found information on his English Voice Actor he's name is Mark Whitten and he confirm on his Twitter
https://twitter.com/mpwhitten

NCZ 04-01-2016 07:34 PM

Oh hey, awesome! From what I saw it didn't seem like they updated the credits, so i wasn't able to update anything. Nice find!

Now all we need is his JP voice actor. Japanese wikipedia claims it's Kenichiro Matsuda but I'm working on confirming that since I'm not sure how they got that info yet.

electronic456 04-01-2016 08:01 PM

I almost expected Alex to be another Zangief.

Turns out he's kind of like T.Hawk. Becuase of the super move at the end.

NCZ 04-01-2016 08:06 PM

Alex is really in a league of his own when it comes to brawlers in the series. He has all the throws and tosses and anti-airs of a typical wrestler like Zangief and co, but most of his moveset is based on typical melee attacks and close combat.

I think Abel from SFIV is probably the closest comparison.

NCZ 04-02-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norozco18 (Post 110809)
Hey guys, the voice actor who voiced Alex just confirmed it on his twitter account, check it out, ok! :)

Read the last page and note that it's already listed on here.

electronic456 04-04-2016 03:20 PM

Found some pretty awesome concept art....

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/a...amiliar-faces/

It's kind of cool to see some of the original SF cast with their updated looks. It's pretty cool for me to see Retsu, wasn't that guy like important to Ryu's backstory or something?

Lee also has a better design that veers off from the stereotypical Chinese look a little.

Some of Final Fight's characters again are I guess coming to the game as well.

Abel is injured for some reason.

I'm still confused... Is Oni the same character as Akuma or what?

Sagat's on here... But didn't Capcom say he's not confirmed?

And my final comment... They finally confirmed the identity of the dude in the SF2 intro.

NCZ 04-04-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronic456 (Post 110911)
Found some pretty awesome concept art....

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/a...amiliar-faces/

It's kind of cool to see some of the original SF cast with their updated looks. It's pretty cool for me to see Retsu, wasn't that guy like important to Ryu's backstory or something?

Lee also has a better design that veers off from the stereotypical Chinese look a little.

Some of Final Fight's characters again are I guess coming to the game as well.

Abel is injured for some reason.

I'm still confused... Is Oni the same character as Akuma or what?

Sagat's on here... But didn't Capcom say he's not confirmed?

And my final comment... They finally confirmed the identity of the dude in the SF2 intro.

Bear in mind that since this is concept art, that doesn't mean any of these characters are necessarily planned for future release.

Oni is Akuma. I don't even remember who Retsu is.

I do know who he is but he was never that important to the series beyond a few footnotes.

electronic456 04-04-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCZ (Post 110914)
Bear in mind that since this is concept art, that doesn't mean any of these characters are necessarily planned for future release.

Oni is Akuma. I don't even remember who Retsu is.

I do know who he is but he was never that important to the series beyond a few footnotes.

Retsu is pretty much the only SF1 character that I wanted to see return. Although the way, they designed Lee makes me want to see the character too. Lee apparently is a drunk fighter like Bo'Rai Cho from MK.

NCZ 04-04-2016 03:48 PM

Retsu was always pretty popular among fans, interestingly. I guess cause he's a monk and come to think of it, there aren't too many of those in SF.

I know that canonically Lee is the caretaker of Yun and Yang.

Hmm, so far I think between this game and SFIV, most of the characters I've wanted back have returned. I think the main people I'm waiting on are probably Remy and Maki, and maybe Sean.

electronic456 04-04-2016 03:56 PM

Well, Sean was in Laura's story mode for sure.

In fact some of the concept art characters like Gouken and Azam already popped in some of the stories.

Sodom looks really different so to speak.... It intrigues me. I just wanted to point that out.

electronic456 04-19-2016 03:52 PM

Guile looks pretty sick....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVkXYppM_kA

I think he might have my favourite intro as well. Travis Willingham has nailed it again. Good to see the classic SFII stage back as well.

NachoElephant 07-01-2016 09:45 PM

Cinematic Story Mode is here :D
Urien is voiced by Bill Rogers and big surprise is that Gill show up during the ending credits voiced Liam O'Brien

Pauly-kun 07-08-2016 08:20 PM

Saw story mode, it was great for SF standards, but decent to bad for those who like NR/Arc games stories.

[SD] LordAkira 07-18-2017 02:35 PM

I have a late credit addition request that dates back as far as the Ed update (May 2017). In this image, there's a fortune teller. Her respective JP + EN VAs are listed in this image (Aoi Yuki and Erica Lindbeck).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBHjIG4VoAAP9ch.jpg:large

Also Dr. Woo is missing in the SF5 page, all I know about him is that Kyle Hebert voices him in English. That credit dates back to the Urien update (aka September 2016).

Thanks for your time

EDIT: For a more detailed list of credits, I've shared the current credits build on my Facebook status. Here's the link to the new credits. You can find Patricia, Axl, Roxy, J, Fortune Teller, and Dr. Woo in this video.

https://www.facebook.com/DemonicDAB/...22339861144895

NachoElephant 10-15-2017 04:52 PM

The Final Season 2 Character is Zeku he is Guy's Master and appear in Guy's Street fighter Alpha 2 Ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPw2...h91qA8sYeisUwQ
Zeku's English Voice Actor is most likely Tony Oliver

Shaun Ince 12-10-2017 09:17 PM

https://youtu.be/3l4mux-seHI

Well would you look at that. They revealed all the characters that are going to be released on the Arcade Edition of Street Fighter 5. 4 returning characters from previous entries( Sagat, Sakura, Blanka & Cody) and two new characters( G & Falke)

There was a trailer released for Sakura at the same time as this cinematic opening came out.

WolfThunder 02-01-2018 08:41 AM

I have a question for you guys; Which characters would you like to see show up in this game in the future and, if they aren't returning from Street Fighter 4, who would you like to voice them?

For me, my picks would be Makoto, Eagle (Voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu in Japanese and Sam Riegel in English), Hakan, and Hunter from Final Fight 3 (Voiced by Kenji Akabane in Japanese and Zach Aguilar in English).

NachoElephant 02-01-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfThunder (Post 137290)
I have a question for you guys; Which characters would you like to see show up in this game in the future and, if they aren't returning from Street Fighter 4, who would you like to voice them?

For me, my picks would be Makoto, Eagle (Voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu in Japanese and Sam Riegel in English), Hakan, and Hunter from Final Fight 3 (Voiced by Kenji Akabane in Japanese and Zach Aguilar in English).

I mostly want Hakan to come back
Returning Street Fighter Characters that were not in Street Fighter IV that i would like back are
Oro(SF3)
Eagle(SFAlpha) voice by JB Blanc
Sodam(SFAlpha and Final Fight) voice by
Necro(SF3) voiced by Derrick Snow
Q(SF3) voice by Steve Blum
Maki(SFAlpha and Final Fight)
Philippe(Final Fight 2 Boss) voice by Dave Wittenburg(Kefka Final Fantasy VI)

akersaotome 02-04-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfThunder (Post 137290)

Two currently in Street Fighter V and that's Azam and C.Viper

Legacy Street fighter characters:

Fei-Long (Yuichi Nakamura and Matthew Mercer as reprisals)

Retsu from Street fighter 1

King Cobra (Street fighter 4 reject character)

Characters from Capcom's library of games:

Lucia Morgan from Final Fight 3. It would increase the number of blonde hair characters. Can't think of Japanese voice actress, but for English oral, my picks would be either Emily Neves or Luci Christian. Reason because I like the idea of more actors/actresses from the southern Texas talent pool to get some Capcom love, like with both Jessica Calvello and David Wald got for SF5.

Mike Haggar also from Final Fight. Consider it reprisals from both Kiyoyuki Yanada and Matt Riedy.

Akira Kazama from Rival Schools (non-helmet edition).

NachoElephant 08-06-2018 06:59 PM

New Character G and Sagat trailers show up at EVO yesterday and they both playable now :thumbsup:
Sagat's voice actor from SF4 Isaac C Singleton Jr is back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nZLxqTBV7U
I'm unsure on who voicing G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvc69jTXe_0

NCZ 08-06-2018 07:25 PM

G is voiced by Chris Smith in English and Kazuhiro Yamaji in Japanese.

akersaotome 08-01-2019 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akersaotome (Post 137374)
Two currently in Street Fighter V and that's Azam and C.Viper

Legacy Street fighter characters:

Fei-Long (Yuichi Nakamura and Matthew Mercer as reprisals)

Retsu from Street fighter 1

King Cobra (Street fighter 4 reject character)

Characters from Capcom's library of games:

Lucia Morgan from Final Fight 3. It would increase the number of blonde hair characters. Can't think of Japanese voice actress, but for English oral, my picks would be either Emily Neves or Luci Christian. Reason because I like the idea of more actors/actresses from the southern Texas talent pool to get some Capcom love, like with both Jessica Calvello and David Wald got for SF5.

Mike Haggar also from Final Fight. Consider it reprisals from both Kiyoyuki Yanada and Matt Riedy.

Akira Kazama from Rival Schools (non-helmet edition).

Trailer for new characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ86u--82Sk

E.Honda, Poison and newcomer Lucia Morgan from Final fight 3. Much happiness for Lucia Morgan. Going by the trailer, Lucia has an New York/New Jersey english speaking accent, her Final fight 3 moveset is there and even a projectile. I'm interested in who's Lucia Morgan's actress is?

Mike Haggar was also in that trailer; now I'm hoping he'll be in the game for real.