Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Releases (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23409)

Troodon2 02-13-2019 10:54 AM

Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2019)

https://dcanimated.com/WF/dcam/batmanvtmnt/01.jpg

Yes folks it's actually happening. SyFy has the exclusive details on an upcoming animated movie based on the Batman/TMNT crossover comic book miniseries written by James Tynion IV and Freddie Williams II.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...mpression=true

Cast includes Troy Baker reprising as both Batman and Joker, making him the first voice actor to play both roles; along with Eric Bauza and Darren Criss reprising as Leonardo and Raphael from the Turtles Take Time (And Space) short, Tom Kenny returning as Penguin, John Dimaggio reprising as Mr. Freeze from Batman: The Brave and The Bold, Carlos Alazraqui as returning for Bane, and of course Tara Strong as both Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. Further confirmed casting includes Rachel Bloom as Batgirl, Kyle Mooney as Michelangelo, Baron Vaughn as Donetello, and Cas Anvar as Ra'as Al Ghul.

I don't know about you lot but I'm already hooked line and sinker!

Frontier 02-13-2019 12:37 PM

Re: Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I guess it was inevitable that Troy Baker would eventually voice both Batman and Joker in a single production.

Although does anyone get the sense that this feels like a Roger Craig Smith Batman movie? The costume looks like Batman's Batman Unlimited suit and Troy Baker is Roger's Joker. I wonder if he was busy or if they just had Troy do it for convenience.

And can they find somebody else to voice Ivy instead of just having Tara do both Harley and Ivy whenever they're in a movie together? Maybe it's a budget thing? I dunno.

I can see the Turtle VA's fitting them well, and Eric and Darren are reprising from some Nick shorts.

Nightmare Crusher 02-13-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 153429)
Although does anyone get the sense that this feels like a Roger Craig Smith Batman movie? The costume looks like Batman's Batman Unlimited suit and Troy Baker is Roger's Joker. I wonder if he was busy or if they just had Troy do it for convenience.

Uh... no. This batsuit is the blue batsuit he wore in a LOT of older comics. In particular this looks like the 60s or 70s one. The Unlimited suit has a different cowl shape, a chin strap, a different chest logo, a different belt and no "underwear" on the outside.

Music Meister 02-13-2019 01:49 PM

Mikey looks like the Surprised Pikachu Meme.

Autovolt 02-13-2019 01:56 PM

It's really cool that Troy finally gets to be both Batman and Joker in the same project. I've been waiting since 2013 for this to happen.

While the cast is almost all reprisals, I'm excited to hear John DiMaggio as Mr. Freeze again, I always thought his take was underrated and he should reprise. I could do without Tara as Harley again but c'est la vie.

I find it amusing that Eric Bauza and Darren Criss are paired up again as Leo and Raph respectively since they were in the Brandon Auman TMNT shorts a while back. Though I wish they brought Scott Menville and Greg Cipes back for Donny and Mikey if they were gonna reuse them.

Either way this should be a fun watch.

Frontier 02-13-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher (Post 153432)
Uh... no. This batsuit is the blue batsuit he wore in a LOT of older comics. In particular this looks like the 60s or 70s one. The Unlimited suit has a different cowl shape, a chin strap, a different chest logo, a different belt and no "underwear" on the outside.

I know they don't look exactly the same, it resembles the classic look more, but the colors and base design feel very in-line with each other.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt (Post 153436)
While the cast is almost all reprisals, I'm excited to hear John DiMaggio as Mr. Freeze again, I always thought his take was underrated and he should reprise. I could do without Tara as Harley again but c'est la vie.

I can live with Tara as Harley at this point, I just wish she wasn't also voicing Ivy too.

I mean, it's not like she's voicing Batgirl in this either...

Autovolt 02-13-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 153438)
I can live with Tara as Harley at this point, I just wish she wasn't also voicing Ivy too.

I mean, it's not like she's voicing Batgirl in this either...

We can be lucky they didn't just cast her as all 3.

Troodon2 02-13-2019 02:47 PM

I don't mind Tara returning as Harley or Ivy, but yeah I would like to see someone else take a chance as either or both characters, maybe bring back Grey Griffin or Laura Bailey? Or heck maybe get Kate MiCucci as Harley.

Frontier 02-13-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troodon2 (Post 153440)
I don't mind Tara returning as Harley or Ivy, but yeah I would like to see someone else take a chance as either or both characters, maybe bring back Grey Griffin or Laura Bailey? Or heck maybe get Kate MiCucci as Harley.

I wouldn't mind them bringing back Natasha Leggero as Ivy. She was pretty great in Justice League Action.

Troodon2 02-13-2019 03:06 PM

Anyway, this is some pretty big news for the comic book based animation media. Hopefully this could open avanues for future crossovers; hopefully even a DC/Marvel crossover... someday...