Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Voice Actor Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   10 Best Voice Directors of All Time (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14689)

Starscreamsfan 02-22-2015 03:09 PM

Re: 10 Best Voice Directors of All Time

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 89309)
Forgot to mention Jamie Simone.

Yes, he's one of the greatest directors the 20th century has to offer.

I mean his casting choices in Hulk Vs are superb!!! I mean, Steve Blum as Wolverine, Fred Tatasciore as the Hulk, Jay Brazeau as Volstagg, Janyse Jaud as Deathstrike, Mark Acheson as Sabretooth and Graham McTavish as Loki are all great casting choices.

But my personal favorite of Simone's casting choices for Hulk Vs is, yeah, you guessed it... NOLAN NORTH as DEADPOOL!!! Perfect casting choice.

Polyester Funk 02-23-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 89309)
Forgot to mention Jamie Simone.

Yeah, he's got quite an impressive resume. With that name I thought he was a woman. I know there are men named Jamie, but it being paired with Simone just made me think he was a she.:laughing:

Starscreamsfan 02-23-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polyester Funk (Post 89338)
Yeah, he's got quite an impressive resume. With that name I thought he was a woman. I know there are men named Jamie, but it being paired with Simone just made me think he was a she.:laughing:

LOL

Anyways, I hope you guys keep posting ;)

zidane4028 02-23-2015 09:09 PM

Gotta admit, pretty surprised no one has mentioned Kris Zimmerman. She's my number one voice-over director in my book. Metal Gear Solid and a number of other games feature great voice over work thanks to her outstanding directing.

Ginny McSwain, as well. Can't argue with her work in Mass Effect 1 and 2, and Kid Icarus Uprising had the best English voice over I've ever heard, very funny and well cast, thanks to Ginny McSwain.

Anyone who's mentioned Gordon Hunt, Jack Fletcher and Andrea Romano is right on the money.

In all honesty, I usually tend to prefer VO directors who have a strong background in American animation, particularly from the early to mid 90's. But that's just my personal preference.

VoteForSirAtlas 02-26-2015 11:34 AM

Here are my top 10 best voice directors of all time:

1) Collette Sunderman

She is the best voice director of Los Angeles-based Western Animation ever. Thanks to her, all of the animated television series where she worked as a voice director have voice casts composed primarily of celebrity actors and comedians. I think that she is perfect for the voice director of an anime television series from Japan.

2) Kris Zimmerman

One of my favorite voice directors of Los Angeles-based Western Animation. All of the animated television series where she worked as a voice director have voice casts composed of Los Angeles-based Western Animation voice actors, celebrity actors and comedians.

3) Andrea Romano

She is definitely the queen of voice directing.

4) Ginny McSwain

She is of course alumni of Hanna-Barbera and animated television series where she worked as a voice director have voice casts composed primarily of prolific voice actors. These voice casts also have some celebrity actors and comedians.

5) Kelly Ward

She is the expert for the animated television series with voice casts composed primarily of well-known Los Angeles-based Western Animation voice actors.

6) Susan Blu

Besides Los Angeles, she also directed voices in Vancouver and New York City. Her voice directing work is ultimately perfect.

7) Stuart M. Rosen

His voice direction is definitely perfect.

8) Charlie Adler

His voice direction is excellent.

9) Anybody from Los Angeles-based anime voice acting school

I prefer their voice directing.

10) Anybody from Vancouver-based voice acting school

All of the properties dubbed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada have voice casts composed primarily of popular Vancouver-based voice actors and well-known Vancouver-based actors of stage, film and television. They also participated as radio actors as evidenced at https://archive.org/details/VPoint.

What do you think, folks?

Starscreamsfan 02-26-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoteForSirAtlas (Post 89496)
Here are my top 10 best voice directors of all time:

1) Collette Sunderman

She is the best voice director of Los Angeles-based Western Animation ever. Thanks to her, all of the animated television series where she worked as a voice director have voice casts composed primarily of celebrity actors and comedians. I think that she is perfect for the voice director of an anime television series from Japan.

2) Kris Zimmerman

One of my favorite voice directors of Los Angeles-based Western Animation. All of the animated television series where she worked as a voice director have voice casts composed of Los Angeles-based Western Animation voice actors, celebrity actors and comedians.

3) Andrea Romano

She is definitely the queen of voice directing.

4) Ginny McSwain

She is of course alumni of Hanna-Barbera and animated television series where she worked as a voice director have voice casts composed primarily of prolific voice actors. These voice casts also have some celebrity actors and comedians.

5) Kelly Ward

She is the expert for the animated television series with voice casts composed primarily of well-known Los Angeles-based Western Animation voice actors.

6) Susan Blu

Besides Los Angeles, she also directed voices in Vancouver and New York City. Her voice directing work is ultimately perfect.

7) Stuart M. Rosen

His voice direction is definitely perfect.

8) Charlie Adler

His voice direction is excellent.

9) Anybody from Los Angeles-based anime voice acting school

I prefer their voice directing.

10) Anybody from Vancouver-based voice acting school

All of the properties dubbed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada have voice casts composed primarily of popular Vancouver-based voice actors and well-known Vancouver-based actors of stage, film and television. They also participated as radio actors as evidenced at https://archive.org/details/VPoint.

What do you think, folks?

Like your choices. I loved Zimmerman's work in Mortal Kombat Defenders of the Realm, and McSwain does a great job in Rescue Bots.

Also, I agree about the Vancouver-based school directors. They are great.

Okay, now. Every time a new page is generated in this thread, I'll post a list of recording directors that have been mentioned in this thread.

Recording directors mentioned in this thread:

Bernard Cowan
Stu Rosen
Alan Dinehart
Gordon Hunt
Don Jurwich
Wally Burr
Andrea Romano
Sue Blu
Doug Parker
Madeleine Bascom
Collette Sunderman
Jack Fletcher
Steve Foster
Karl Willems
Terry Klassen
Jamie Simone
Kris Zimmerman
Ginny McSwain
Kelly Ward
Charlie Adler

Hope you guys keep posting. ;)

BlankSlate 02-26-2015 02:56 PM

Dietmar Wunder, who directed the German dub of 'The Ren and Stimpy Show'!

Starscreamsfan 02-26-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankSlate (Post 89502)
Dietmar Wunder, who directed the German dub of 'The Ren and Stimpy Show'!

Nice.

Any American/Canadian directors???

BlankSlate 02-26-2015 05:17 PM

American directors...

Collette Sunderman. Does she count?

Starscreamsfan 02-26-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankSlate (Post 89507)
American directors...

Collette Sunderman. Does she count?

Yup. Her work is quite awesome.