Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Voice Actor Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct? (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14237)

mweloo 03-03-2016 10:07 PM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Goodness, I should hope not. There are so many Vancouver VAs I miss hearing in anime (Brad Swaile, Kirby Morrow, Sam Vincent, Kelly Sheridan, Tabitha St Germain, Chantal Strand and Maryke Hendrikse, just to name a few).

VoteForSirAtlas 03-08-2016 11:35 AM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Bulma's Blue Water voice actress LÚda Davies is now a dancer and a circus artist living in Montreal according to https://vimeo.com/99415199.

Obotchaman's Blue Water voice actor Sean Broadhurst and Ocean Group voice actress Maggie Blue O'Hara are now living in Hong Kong.

Proof of it:

https://www.facebook.com/sean.broadhurst.94 (regarding Sean Broadhurst)

http://leagueofextraordinarycosplaye...gie-blue-ohara (regarding Maggie Blue O'Hara)

I don't know, but most of the voice actors working for Blue Water in Calgary during the 2000s were either children or teenagers. One of many drastic examples of it is Zoe Slusar, who voiced Goku Son when she was a teenager (something that is very unusual for the voice acting in general).

Simon Hill VO 04-17-2016 01:52 AM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Lot's of new stuff is happening in Vancouver now. Just you wait.

NitroEX 05-14-2016 01:09 PM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Hill VO (Post 111608)
Lot's of new stuff is happening in Vancouver now. Just you wait.

Fantastic news! :D

Autovolt 05-14-2016 01:11 PM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Hill VO (Post 111608)
Lot's of new stuff is happening in Vancouver now. Just you wait.

Simon hello.

Just wanted to say, I think you're just as talented as your uncle Matt.

I await all future Ocean productions.

Domayv 05-14-2016 05:44 PM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Hill VO (Post 111608)
Lot's of new stuff is happening in Vancouver now. Just you wait.

thank goodness, I can't wait for Vancouver's resurgence to come at full force (and this includes Ocean getting more dubs beyond the toyetic shows)

huzaifa_ahmed 05-15-2016 06:29 PM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Domayv (Post 113211)
thank goodness, I can't wait for Vancouver's resurgence to come at full force (and this includes Ocean getting more dubs beyond the toyetic shows)

This. Will. Be. Awesome.

mweloo 05-15-2016 06:53 PM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
*wriggles excitedly at the thought of hearing the actors mentioned in my last post in dramatic roles again*

I'm practically beside myself with anxiety right now. Hopefully those announcements come sooner rather than later.

Domayv 05-15-2016 10:53 PM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mweloo (Post 113256)
*wriggles excitedly at the thought of hearing the actors mentioned in my last post in dramatic roles again*

I'm practically beside myself with anxiety right now. Hopefully those announcements come sooner rather than later.

Simon Hill announced this barely 4 weeks ago. Also, he can't exactly announce what new projects are occurring right now to avoid violating NDAs.

huzaifa_ahmed 05-17-2016 05:34 PM

Re: Are Vancouver dubs going to go extinct?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Domayv (Post 113268)
Simon Hill announced this barely 4 weeks ago. Also, he can't exactly announce what new projects are occurring right now to avoid violating NDAs.

I do believe a dub for World Trigger is in the works!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.