Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Discussion (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Spider-Man 2: The Game - Unused boss voices (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24042)

TheDayman 06-24-2019 01:27 PM

Spider-Man 2: The Game - Unused boss voices

So I was poking through Spider-Man 2's sound files, and I found unused boss lines from Kraven (voiced by Peter Lurie) and Lizard (voiced by Joe Alaskey?).

Kraven

Lizard

They also had some concept art created for them. It sounds like Kraven was going to be a boss alongside Calypso. I guess there were some kind of hardware or time limitations that led to these bosses getting scrapped. Calypso ended up being a boss in the post-game boss arena. Aside from Calypso, in the boss arena there were lizard enemies that were probably from a scrapped Lizard mission.

The Doctor 06-24-2019 01:30 PM

Re: Spider-Man 2: The Game - Unused boss voices

Alaskey's Lizard kinda reminds me of Mark Hamill.

Autovolt 06-24-2019 02:02 PM

Wow if that is indeed Joe Alaskey, now this is some range I've never heard him do before. It's really strained sounding (I wonder how sore his throat and voice were after that recording session) but otherwise it's a really cool performance.

TheDayman 06-24-2019 04:58 PM

I just assumed Joe Alaskey voiced Lizard because he was also Dr Connors, but the most I listen to Lizard the more it sounds like a Peter Lurie.

Music Meister 06-24-2019 07:00 PM

Iím pretty sure it is Joe, I can hear it in some lines. A dang shame this didnít get added to the final product, would have been a nice show of range even if it wouldnít be my favorite.

Nightmare Crusher 06-25-2019 05:08 PM

Joe being the Lizard makes the most sense to me. Some of the lines have that usual gargly sound of his, especially near the end of the clip. Also, "I'll flay you alive" very blatantly has a Daffy-style lisp on it.

Zillah 06-25-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher (Post 158207)
Joe being the Lizard makes the most sense to me. Some of the lines have that usual gargly sound of his, especially near the end of the clip. Also, "I'll flay you alive" very blatantly has a Daffy-style lisp on it.

Yeah it seems right to me, since he was also Dr. Connors in that game.

Autovolt 06-26-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher (Post 158207)

I hear Daffy but also a bit of Sylvester the Cat too.