Behind The Voice Actors

Behind The Voice Actors (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dream Casts (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Sonic the Hedgehog (https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2658)

NCZ 12-02-2018 07:40 PM

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 148864)
What's wrong with that?

Don't you think it's just a liiiiiiittle excessive to make separate fancasts for every Sonic game when they all share 90% of the same cast, make 12 different fancast combinations per series, and then make ideas as specific as "if Sonic Boom was recorded by the creators of VeggieTales"? This is a community discussion forum, not just a place to unload every single idea that comes into your head unfiltered.

NCZ 12-02-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 148867)
I have deleted the dream cast since adding VeggieTales actors on this forum is not exactly a good idea.

The point is the number of dream casts you're making is too much and it's clogging the forum up.

Marusero 12-02-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 148869)
Oh so that's why. I guess this means I can't do dream casts anymore. :(

Well, I don't think you should stop making dream casts, but rather take a break from that for a fair amount of time. Hope this helps.

NCZ 12-02-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepaul1002 (Post 148869)
Oh so that's why. I guess this means I can't do dream casts anymore. :(

1. I didn't say you or anyone should stop making dream casts all together.
2. The problem is you need to slow down. You don't need to flood a single thread with over a dozen different dream casts. Make one or two and think about it very carefully.
3. Don't come up with extremely specific criteria that would obviously never happen (e.g. what if Sonic Boom was voiced by the creators of VeggieTales).
4. Don't make dream casts for shows/movies you've never seen, games you've never played, etc.

thomwim 12-03-2018 10:43 AM

Los Angeles:
Sonic: Jason Marsden
Tails: a child actor
Dr. Eggman: Jim Cummings
Knuckles: drawing blanks
Shadow: Roger Craig Smith, or Jason Marsden with a more mature voice
Sticks: Nika Futterman
Amy: Liliana Mumy
Silver: Quinton Flynn
Additional voices: most of the SatAm cast that's still active, plus Maurice LaMarche

I agree with NCZ. Whenever I write a voice cast, I have a little strategy to make everything work fine. A little bit of foreign influence, a little bit of similar characters, a little bit of sound-alikes.

HyperVoiceActing 12-04-2018 10:08 AM

Not gonna lie, I was gonna bring up Paul's posts but i didn't want to seem rude or disrespectful.

Onto to topic though, I've been considering the idea of Keith Ferguson or JB Blanc as potentially good Eggmen. Thoughts?

ConfusedPhantom 12-04-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperVoiceActing (Post 148929)
Not gonna lie, I was gonna bring up Paul's posts but i didn't want to seem rude or disrespectful.

Onto to topic though, I've been considering the idea of Keith Ferguson or JB Blanc as potentially good Eggmen. Thoughts?

I'd probably pick JB Blanc over Keith Ferguson. Blanc just has a bigger voice in general. Keith Ferguson can prolly do Knuckles tho.

HyperVoiceActing 12-05-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConfusedPhantom (Post 148957)
I'd probably pick JB Blanc over Keith Ferguson. Blanc just has a bigger voice in general. Keith Ferguson can prolly do Knuckles tho.

That's true, but Keith's also been on a roll with loud and bombastic villains as of late (between Lord Hater and Flintheart Glomgold) so I figured Eggman would be more fun for him

littlepaul1002 01-08-2019 09:10 AM

Linda Ballantyne as Tails anyone? Her Champ Bear voice led me to this idea.

SonicWarrior234 01-10-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConfusedPhantom (Post 148957)

JB Blanc or possibly Richard Epcar would do Eggman justice.