Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Kioea

Conversation Between Kioea and martyyahar
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. martyyahar
    04-07-2020
    martyyahar
    Hey Kioea, did you delete my comment on the Tarantula voice compare? Was it a spoiler, or was there another cause?
  2. martyyahar
    12-17-2019
    martyyahar
    Aye aye, thanks. I'll send messages to Jackson H, Nightmare Crusher, and NCZ in that order.
  3. Kioea
    12-17-2019
    Kioea
    I haven't worked on a lot of anime, but I'd say that those would be under TV shows. As for the second, you're better off asking one of the admins for that, as they're the ones who actually decide that kind of thing. Best ask a few of them, actually - different opinions can be very useful - but be sure to include Jackson H. He's the big anime guy on the team.
  4. martyyahar
    12-16-2019
    martyyahar
    Hey there! I just have two quick questions:

1. Do single episode anime OVAs count as movies, shorts, or tv shows?

2. May i work on finding better images for Ranma, among other anime? Really, i'm just asking which anime to avoid attempting finding better images for.

Thanks in advance!
  5. martyyahar
    12-12-2019
    martyyahar
    That's fair, altho i mostly meant asking for help on technical issues, if it helps.

EDIT: I should also state i 100% understand the slowness, especially around the holidays. My apologies for being/ coming off inconsiderate.
  6. Kioea
    12-12-2019
    Kioea
    I'd say try this one with a bit of tact. Give them a few days, and if they don't respond, send a friendly reminder. If there's still no response, you can try a visitor message, but also consider trying someone else. Just bear in mind there might be reasons they might not be able to answer you right away - especially at this time of year.

It's also important to not keep hitting someone with messages, or presuming a lot about their work or schedule in the text. I say this because I recall someone who did that to me before I was a Mod, and it did not endear them to me at all. So best to be patient, and keep a close eye on what you're saying to them.
  7. martyyahar
    12-12-2019
    martyyahar
    ARGH! All this time i've been operating off 40KB, but i suppose that can be resized easily. That said, i was generally meaning the programming side of things, but i thank you for the help on this front as well.

One more question: If a mod isn't responding to a DM or something, how long should i wait to ask in another way (like visitor messages?); i'm having an issue with a different request.
  8. Kioea
    12-12-2019
    Kioea
    I don't really do the programming side of things, but I can give you some tips regarding file sizes (something I had to learn the hard way). Ideally, your images should be 210x240 and less than 20KB (officially states 19.4, but 20 is better as a guide). This means we don't have to resize them at all and keeps the integrity of the original image. If the image is over 20KB to begin with, reduce the quality just enough so that it fits the allotted size. This is all for character images, though - there is no size restriction for posters, banners, logos, or credit images (just that you stick to the stated dimensions for each). As long as you stick to that, it means we can just download and input them straight without any adjustments.

Is that the kind of info you were looking for?
  9. martyyahar
    12-11-2019
    martyyahar
    Hey there, would it be rude to ask how inputting requests works as far as site programming and whatnot? I'm just trying to make my requests easier to work with.