Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > 1dbad

Conversation Between 1dbad and WrightWay
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 39 of 39
  1. 1dbad
    02-03-2017
    1dbad
    YES! I feel the exact same way.

I'm also more lenient on censorship than most. I don't like it, but I understand it is required to some degree for television. The most important thing to me is they strive to make the dub as good and faithful as they can despite that. Bonus points if they can at least release an uncut version for home video release.

On another note, good news on the Yugioh front! 4K Media confirmed on Facebook that the DVD/Blu-Ray release of Darkside of Dimensions will be dual-audio! We'll be getting the Japanese dub with subtitles alongside the English dub being shown in theaters.
  2. WrightWay
    02-03-2017
    WrightWay
    I agree: to me, the three most important things I need in a dub are good voice acting, proper script adapting (some liberties are fine, but too many and/or dumbing down ones are not), and the retention of the Japanese music (at least most of it, though some is better than none as well).

I'm a lot more lenient on editing/censoring than most, that being said, although obviously I don't approve of it and would rather see things Uncut visually, but the first three criteria matter more to me than anything.
  3. 1dbad
    02-03-2017
    1dbad
    Agreed! I think one of the reasons I'm passionate about the music in particular is the difference Japanese OSTs is part of what got me into anime. And while scripting and voices are certainly important, even a well-translated/acted scene can be held back if the replacement music isn't as good.
  4. WrightWay
    02-03-2017
    WrightWay
    Thanks! I think it's important to leave music intact and respect the creator's wishes in general!
  5. 1dbad
    02-03-2017
    1dbad
    Hey! I just wanted to say - it's nice seeing someone who cares about Japanese OSTS as much as I do.
  6. WrightWay
    01-01-2017
    WrightWay
    Thanks, and Happy New Year to you, too!
  7. 1dbad
    01-01-2017
    1dbad
    Happy New Year!
  8. 1dbad
    12-25-2016
    1dbad
    Thank you! Merry Christmas to you as well.
  9. WrightWay
    12-25-2016
    WrightWay
    Merry Christmas!