WrightWay
    You're welcome.

Well, that's a bummer, but true!
  2. 1dbad
    06-29-2017
    1dbad
    Thanks for understanding.

https://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2017/0...-dvd-products/

Ravegrl ended up doing a comparison of the Darkside of Dimensions release. Unfortunately she discovered yet another issue (the American release' video is cropped), but otherwise, it does seem we're getting the best release, at least as far as the English-speaking releases go.
  3. WrightWay
    06-28-2017
    WrightWay
    Yup, that's one thing I am happy about!

No problem- thanks again.
  4. 1dbad
    06-23-2017
    1dbad
    I was happy to see it too. Originally, they never planned to offer more than the undubbed seasons of GX and 5D's subbed. But they subbed all of 5D's as a test, to gauge audience interest in subs. And if all the series getting subbed now is any indication, they certainly saw the demand!

I'll definitely get to it at some point, and will be sure to share my thoughts with you when I do! I'm already watching one long-runner at the moment, but I'll get to Conan once I catch up on it.
  5. WrightWay
    06-22-2017
    WrightWay
    Very cool! I'm glad to hear that.

I'd recommend that if you can. Definitely!
  6. 1dbad
    06-22-2017
    1dbad
    Crunchyroll's been listing the series on their most popular titles list, so I don't think we have to worry. As long as the demand's there, I doubt they'll quit.

I might see if I can find a canon episode list so I could work my way through the series quicker. Just the design of Conan alone suggested he's a very different kind of protagonist, so I look forward to seeing him in action. It's always refreshing when a character prioritizes logic over fists.
  7. WrightWay
    06-21-2017
    WrightWay
    Pretty much, I just hope they continue the subs, that'll be good enough for me at this point.

It's pretty good, imo, lots of filler cases but the important episodes are on point. I find Conan/Shinichi a very unique Anime protagonist, though, he uses his brain and methodical logic to identify criminals or bad guys rather than fists.
  8. 1dbad
    06-21-2017
    1dbad
    Just have to take what we can get, I suppose.

I knew it! It's one of those series I've been meaning to check out for a while, but haven't gotten around to yet. I take it it's as good as they say?
  9. WrightWay
    06-20-2017
    WrightWay
    Yeah...unfortunately, knowing 4KMedia, that's out of the ballpark these days...and yeah, agreed.

You spy correct, Zoro!
  10. 1dbad
    06-20-2017
    1dbad
    I do think a second attempt at an uncut dub would fare much better, because they had a lot going against them the last time around. But it all comes down to whether or not 4K Media wants to give it a shot, and yeah...

Do I spy Detective Conan in your avatar?