Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > huzaifa_ahmed

Conversation Between huzaifa_ahmed and CatsTuxedo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 53
  1. CatsTuxedo
    05-01-2017
    CatsTuxedo
    Texas gets so much dubs that I'd hardly call them strapped for work in any respect (I miss the pre-recession days when they really had to fight for their keep), Seattle only has voice-acting exposure because NoA is conveniently based there, and 4Kids is practically the only big non-Sesame Street thing New York had going for it, so now it's only got Pokemon around to keep it visible.

Vancouver and Toronto continue to prove themselves perfectly capable of handling mainstream productions thanks to My Little Pony and Teletoon's other ongoing endeavors, but in terms of what the casual cartoon viewer deems to be worthwhile talent, they're consistently looked over in favor of the same LA players we've heard over a hundred times.
  2. huzaifa_ahmed
    05-01-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    I know but you previously mentioned that the original actor's voice performance was part of the character...

Also, as much as I love Vancouver...there are even further marginalized talent pools that dont get the respect they could use. New York, Texas, Seattle...all of these are non-union & kind of get the shaft when it comes to compensation & careers & all. Texas especially only gets dubs.

& I've only played some of MGS1 but I felt you might agree with me just listening to the voices.
  3. CatsTuxedo
    05-01-2017
    CatsTuxedo
    I'd go about the casting on an individual basis based on what the character is like. And of course I'm going for the Vancouver pool because they don't have the exposure for more people to default to them yet.

Anyway, I can't say anything about the MGS dub because I'm not a fan anyway, so I wouldn't know what I was talking about.
  4. huzaifa_ahmed
    05-01-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    I mean if you cast Spike, Togusa, Kaji, Albedo, Silva, or Beerus, with NY, Vancouver (incl. prelay & live-actors even), or big-budget cartoon talent, how would you go about them?

Also what d'you think of MGS's dub? Apologies if I've asked before.
  5. huzaifa_ahmed
    04-24-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    Well, thank you for that info, but in general that's still a burning question of mine lol.
  6. CatsTuxedo
    04-23-2017
    CatsTuxedo
    Yamadera didn't do Walter White. That was Shigeru Ushiyama.
  7. huzaifa_ahmed
    04-23-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    Well, I would say that broadly speaking of course. Any character voice should be about the character's attributes & how the voice compliments that. It's all voice acting, regardless of language, so it's not really about replacing their voice, as live-action ADR works.

Although with that said, I suppose I meant his more natural voices, like Spike, Togusa, Walter White, Kaji, Albedo, Joel, or his commanding but still human-sounding roles, like Silva, Batman, or Beerus.
  8. CatsTuxedo
    04-23-2017
    CatsTuxedo
    My choices for characters voiced by Yamadera are entirely dependent on the individual character because Yamadera can't be pigeonholed in such a way.

I've cast Yamadera as a character Weird Al voiced, but I certainly don't see the two actors as equivalents.
  9. huzaifa_ahmed
    04-23-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    I must admit that is a very good point, I suppose, however I cant help but feel that there are flaws to that argument. There are plenty of other actors who do multiple difficult voices for quite a long time. Mel, Frank, Corey, Dee, Cummings, & LaMarche could/can pull out incredibly different voices at the drop of a hat.I think Disney tends to try to get people without too many attachments over here, whereas they might not be as strict over there (after all, Disney is a US company, & not everything's dubbed into JP).

Beyond that, I tend to agree with you on a certain level about casting sound-alikes, or at least using the tone of previous performances to inform understanding of a character. You've done dream dub casts, so I figure you do get people to dub Yamadera, right? I just wonder who you're top choices would be, if you dubbed Yamadera's roles. That's all.
  10. CatsTuxedo
    04-17-2017
    CatsTuxedo
    It goes without saying that Donald is a notoriously difficult character voice to emulate. As such, many of his voice actors have specialized exclusively in that role. Yamadera is probably the one VA who has not only voiced the character extensively but can manage a full voice-acting resume far beyond that. Since no English-speaking voice actor I know of can share the same claim, it's safe to proclaim that Yamadera is in a league incompatible with VAs this side of the pond.