Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Shaun Ince

Conversation Between Shaun Ince and 8000 Saiyans
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 119
  1. Shaun Ince
    08-24-2019
    Shaun Ince
    Now to answer the Transformers related question, while the likelihood of a sequel to that game is uncertain, it would be interesting to have a Ironhide reprisal from Peter Cullen.
  2. Shaun Ince
    08-24-2019
    Shaun Ince
    Not sure why you're getting confrontational about that. Besides, when I had John Burgmeir added to my favourites list. That was done around the time I joined up here. In hindsight, I don't feel the same way now as I did back then. The same thing applies to my thoughts on Brad Swaile as Jin Kazama. The criticism was pretty poor looking back on it and doesn't represent my current thoughts now.

It ain't that serious dude. You're inclined to disagree, but I don't see this as huge as an issue as you're making it seem.
  3. 8000 Saiyans
    08-23-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    Another thing you forgot to answer was how would you feel about Peter Cullen reprising Ironhide in a Transformers Devastation sequel?
  4. 8000 Saiyans
    08-23-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    If he hasn't impressed you at all, then why do you have him in your favorites list?

Also, there's something that's been bothering me for a while. You have complained about Brad Swaile's Gohan and Jin for sounding like his Light (which is basically the voice he's been using throughout his whole life) and you've complained about him being too over-the-top as Light. Let me ask you this: Have you seen enough of Swaile's work to make you want to put him in a favorite VA's list? Because if anything, with one tweet where you said that Jason Griffith would be a better Jin than he would, it makes me believe that you think Griffith is more talented than he is. Hell, you didn't shout out Bio (I believe)' suggestion of Swaile as Joe Shimamura, but EPA Deane's suggestion of Vincent Tong. Are you by any chance afraid that Swaile would go hammy as Joe? If I were you, I wouldn't underestimate him as an actor. But hey, if he's one of your favorite voice actors, whatever.
  5. Shaun Ince
    08-18-2019
    Shaun Ince
    I'm more familiar with his VO work over his work as a script writer. He's usually listed as a head writer on most of the anime that FUNimation has dubbed over the years. Especially Dragon Ball.

As a VA, he's good. I haven't found a role from him that I hate, but there hasn't been a role of his that has impressed me. He's basically in the middle.
  6. 8000 Saiyans
    08-18-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    Lpfan120 told me that he feels that John Burgmeier is a better script writer and director than actor. I don't know if you're overly familiar with most of his work, but if you are, feel the same way that Lp does?

I personally don't think he's a terrible voice actor, but I wouldn't say he's one of Funimation's most talented.
  7. 8000 Saiyans
    08-12-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    Well, of course. A lot of VA's do seem to smoke.

While I'm not sure if at this point in his life he's going to do non-Transformers roles, at least Peter Cullen should reprise Ironhide if Platinum Games does a sequel to Transformers Devastation. It would have been cool if he had played Darkseid, but apparently he can't do his Venger voice anymore. There's also a Transformers universe where the Autobots are evil and the Decepticons are the good guys, and Optimus sounds like his Venger according to the writers of that continuity.
  8. Shaun Ince
    08-12-2019
    Shaun Ince
    She could definitely pull it off for sure. Hiromi Tsuru being a smoker made me think back to that one Dragon Ball Z episode in the Buu arc where Bulma is smoking a cigarette.

Most VA's whether it be English or Japanese, probably dabbled in it at some point in their lives. Of course you'll have some that haven't smoked at all.
  9. 8000 Saiyans
    08-11-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    Autovolt told me once that he wished that Megumi Ogata had took over the role of Bulma instead of Aya Hisakawa with her Sanane voice since it sounds similar to Hiromi Tsuru. It would have surprised people since Ogata is more known for deeper voices than light ones.

Through the use of Google Translate, I found out something shocking about Hiromi that was said in other sites: She was sadly a smoker which explains why she died of an aortic dissection.
  10. Shaun Ince
    08-07-2019
    Shaun Ince
    I was just about to suggest the same thing. Shigeru Chiba as Joker would be awesome