Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Domayv

Conversation Between Domayv and Starscreamsfan
Showing Visitor Messages 321 to 330 of 336
  1. Domayv
    03-16-2016
    Domayv
    your take on Transformers is quite interesting to say the least. If anything, if it was adapted to a cartoon, judging by how many pages there are, it would be half of the running time of a typical Transformers episode (11 vs. 22) yet still keeping the overall integrity of the plot
  2. Starscreamsfan
    03-16-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Oh, that's pretty cool.

You're quite welcome.

Incidentally my friend Pete and I have been working on our own fanfics. His fanfic is more of a modern story about humans getting involved in the Transformer conflict, while mine is more off-the-wall, with elements taken from classic radio drama (like sardonic and witty quips and fast-paced action) yet still managing to be serious at the right times.

Here's Pete's pilot story:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ad.php?t=16437

And here's part one of my pilot miniseries:

http://tfregenerationone.weebly.com/...209/s1e01.docx
  3. Domayv
    03-16-2016
    Domayv
    thanks for the praise. it's well appreciated
  4. Domayv
    03-16-2016
    Domayv
    further adding to it is that in "Rebellion", Optimus Primal is killed (just like in the comic that it is based off of), which could explain the existence of different "Optimuses", like his RID 2001 (I would now call him Ignition Prime) and Unicron Trilogy (I would call him Beast Prime). Same with there being different "Megatrons".
  5. Starscreamsfan
    03-16-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Oh, that's boss. I'm really intrigued by these ideas. Your timeline is really well organized.
  6. Domayv
    03-16-2016
    Domayv
    yep it connects Aligned, G1, Unicron Trilogy, and RID 2001 together
  7. Domayv
    03-16-2016
    Domayv
    * As the RID 2001 and Unicron Trilogy continuitites are now one with G1 and Aligned, a lot of transformers sharing names (such as Hot Shot and Red Alert) would have to be renamed (minicons within the Unicron Trilogy are exempt, however, since they are of their own alignment, though they will side with the Autobots and Decepticons). I will release a list of the renames on a Google document.
  8. Domayv
    03-16-2016
    Domayv
    * There are two story arcs: "Rebellion" takes place before RID 2001 (to be exact it takes place, in human years, centuries before), and it heavily adapts from the Beast Wars: Uprising fan comic. "Civil War" takes place within a 30-year time frame between Cybertron and War for Cybertron.
    * RID 2001 continuity takes place a decade before the start of the Unicron Trilogy, meaning that it takes place in the 2000s
    * A 30-year timeskip will take place between Cybertron (2030s) and War For Cybertron, making the latter take place in the 2060s. Prime will take place in the 2070s, and RID 2015 will take place in the 2080s.
  9. Starscreamsfan
    03-16-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Oh, so it's kind of a connective tissue between continuities??? That sounds like a really cool idea.
  10. Domayv
    03-16-2016
    Domayv
    I will describe how it will be done:
    * The TransTech series will take place after Beast Machines but before War For Cybertron. In other words, it will connect Generation 1 (Beast Wars, Beast Machines, 1980s cartoon) and Aligned Continuity (WfC, FoC, Prime, RID 2015) as one. It will also introduce elements from the TransTech fan comic, such as the various Optimus Primes (i.e. Unicron Trilogy, RID 2001), which would also connect RID 2001 and Unicron Trilogy continuities with G1 and Aligned. As BW and BM are in the G1 continuity and the two series had the Autobots and Decepticons from the 1980s cartoon taken back in time to Prehistory (the original Optimus Prime becomes Optimus Primal. the original Megatron is dead and a new Decepticon/Predacon takes his mantle as leader), the original G1 cartoon and related media is effectively retconned out, with the RID 2001 and Unicron Trilogy taking its place.