Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Domayv

Conversation Between Domayv and Starscreamsfan
Showing Visitor Messages 311 to 320 of 336
  1. Domayv
    03-17-2016
    Domayv
    if you want to know more about Dean Redman, he's best known for voicing Dutch (he's a black character) on Black Lagoon. Why I picked him was because Soundwave in the game is voiced by a black guy (Isaac Singleton Jr.). Also, hes in Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk
  2. Domayv
    03-17-2016
    Domayv
    thanks praising my choice of Lee Tockar as Starscream. (I wonder why Autovolt is still rather reluctant on that idea, as well as Michael Daingerfield voicing Jetfire). If you wondered why I cast him, Lee's playing Frieza in the Ocean dub of DBZ Kai (Frieza is voiced by Christopher Ayres). Chris's performance as Frieza reminded me of Sam Riegel's Starscream (honestly Sam Riegel would make a pretty beast Frieza if he got to voice him), so that made me come to the conclusion that Lee can do a pretty good Starscream

As for why I picked Brad Swaile as Bumblebee. One, he's kind of a rookie, a newcomer, and Brad's been known to voice those kinds of characters. Two, he's voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch (Brad is Vancouver's answer to him). And three, it would make a unique little history about Bumblebee's voice, where he lost it and regained it but it sounds different than before.
  3. Starscreamsfan
    03-17-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Incidentally, did you check part two of my pilot miniseries???

Oh, and what did you think of the ideas for my takes on the underused characters???
  4. Starscreamsfan
    03-17-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    I like most of them, actually. They would really do a good job. I can't say anything about Dean Redman, Mark Gibbon and Vincent Tong, though, 'cause I'm not really familiar with their work (even though they have done some roles in some Marvel cartoons), but I'm sure they would do a good job. But the rest, wow. You really know how to cast Vancouver performers.

My only nitpick is the lack of Richard Newman, 'cause he's my favorite Vancouver performer, but other than that, it's a pretty cool cast.

Oh, and Lee Tockar as Starscream, that's a boss one. Speaking of Screamer, you may have seen that I gave the role to Jay Brazeau in my Vancouver cast. That's 'cause he once played a character in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon called Cesspool, and he played him with this high, raspy and wheezy voice which really made me think that if he got rid of the wheeziness (which actually fits Cesspool, 'cause it makes him sound toxic), he would be a pretty boss Screamer.
  5. Domayv
    03-17-2016
    Domayv
    thanks for the praise

what other casting ideas did you like out of my WFC cast

As for why I cast Michael Dobson as Megatron, I wanted a somewhat younger-sounding Megatron, and Fred Tatascoire was able to do that, and I know Michael Dobson can pull off most of Fred's roles. As for why I cast Paul Dobson as Tryticon, after listening to his Jabberwock from Project ARMS (it was ptetty deep, sounded exactly like Don Brown's Shenron) so I though maybe this could work as Trypticon.

like the idea of Lee Tockar playing Starscream and Michael Daingerfield playing Jetfire
  6. Starscreamsfan
    03-17-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Also, just checked your WFC cast.

I actually dig your ideas (especially Mike Kopsa as Ironhide and Mike Dobson as Megatron). However, I'm kinda saddened by the lack of Richard Newman in here. I think he would be a pretty boss Trypticon.

Also, speaking about Newman, I kinda wish he played the Hulk sometime. Especially after hearing Michael Rye as Bulgor in a SuperFriends short (he sounds almost exactly like Newman and that's how I imagine my Tankor sounding like if my series was done in the 80's):

http://tfregenerationone.weebly.com/...209/bulgor.mp3
  7. Starscreamsfan
    03-17-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Daytonus - Introduced in season 2. The cool guy of the Autobots. He's basically Fonzie from Happy Days turned into an Autobot.

Siren - Introduced later in season 1. The grouchy hardass drill sergeant of the team.

Runabout and Runamuck - The Battlechargers. They're basically the Bebop and Rocksteady of the Decepticons. They both talk with the same voice.

Quake - He's basically the Decepticon version of Ricky Ricardo. He has a devotion for Cuban music, he has a Cuban accent, he plays conga drums and he's married to a neutral Cybertronian called Lucy (who happens to be Knock Out's sister). He's also the Waspinator of the Decepticons, getting blown to scrap almost everytime they engage in combat, yet always managing to survive even the most collateral damage.

Deluge - Introduced in season 4. He's the mad scientist of the Decepticons. Even his own comrades are scared of him. Based on Szell from the movie Marathon Man.
  8. Starscreamsfan
    03-17-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Yeah, I really like writing for them. Here's how the underused characters that I'll use more will be like:

Nightbeat - Based on the version from the old Marvel Transformers run. A tough, no-nonsense detective with a great spirit of adventure. His personality is just a slightly friendlier version of the classic Film Noir detectives, yet retaining the tough exterior.

Minerva - The upbeat, easy-going and friendly yet pretty shy and emotional nurse of the team. Along with Bumblebee, she's one of the youngest members of the team. She'll also have to face a lot of deadly challenges as the story progresses. Her personality is based on various old time radio teenagers (mainly Corliss Archer).

Nautica - Introduced in season 5. She's Minerva's best friend. Their personalities are almost similar except for one thing: Minerva is pretty shy while Nautica is more of a party dudette.
  9. Domayv
    03-16-2016
    Domayv
    that is a creative idea to use characters who are underused and give them mich larger roles in the story
  10. Starscreamsfan
    03-16-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Oh, yes. I wanted to do something fresh. I just decided to use some of my favorite underrated characters as part of the main cast. I always felt that characters like Minerva, Nightbeat, Quake and the Battlechargers are terribly underused, and I would love to see them in a cartoon (the Battlechargers only appeared once in the G1 cartoon, while Minerva only appeared on the Japanese Masterforce cartoon).

Here's part 2:

http://tfregenerationone.weebly.com/...209/s1e02.docx