Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > huzaifa_ahmed

Conversation Between huzaifa_ahmed and Domayv
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 93
  1. huzaifa_ahmed
    02-05-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    Gotta talk further with him. Generally speaking of course, there's obviously still demand, & companies are always gauging that (which is why we still have dubs), but due to lack of need for TV, it's gone down. I have heard from actors that JP are pushing for higher profits, just gotta link these discussions to Jairus.

As for promotion...advertising & making dubs is almost the only thing they do now. I'm sure that proportionally, it isnt very expensive at all. I still laugh at the idea of FUNi doing a ton of dubs & they're all non-union, & CR comes with an AAA Vancouver dub.
  2. Domayv
    02-05-2017
    Domayv
    Considering Divinenega's response to a question you posted to him, what's your opinion on his response http://ask.fm/Divinenega/answers/139...answer_own#_=_
  3. huzaifa_ahmed
    02-05-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    I think I agree with you. I'll have to ask what his issue is with the dub later.
  4. Domayv
    02-05-2017
    Domayv
    as I've mentioned many months ago, if it's a kid then a girl will do, a middle-school age person (12-15) can go either way, and an older teen (15-18) it's probably best for a guy to do him
  5. huzaifa_ahmed
    02-05-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    It wasn't so much the principle of voice (theoretically one could say in that case, that only one person could play a character, because voices are unique), but Penguintruth was more discussing *the way Mike/Cat's talks) about gender as important part of casting kids.

Penguintruth is on twitter, Fandompost, ANN, & previously Kanzenshuu. Same name on all sites. Nice enough dude.
  6. Domayv
    02-05-2017
    Domayv
    who is this Penguintruth guy? and remember when you said that different voices can convey similar personalities
  7. huzaifa_ahmed
    02-04-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    I think Penguintruth was saying that Shinji shouldnt have been dubbed by a dude, or such.
  8. Domayv
    02-03-2017
    Domayv
    well the dub is from 1997 so of course it's not gonna sound as good, hence why I'm actually thinking of a redub should Funimation get it
  9. huzaifa_ahmed
    02-03-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    It's a bit like the cast I have had in mind for awhile, yeah. But I can't say for sure until I've watched it properly. I watched it 3 years ago - no idea wtf was happening. Only the 26 episodes too. & Penguintruth also says the dub is not good, the JP version is better. *shrugs* I'll rewatch it & pay more attention to the voices too actually.
  10. Domayv
    02-02-2017
    Domayv
    Ever thought of doing a prelay cast of Evangelion.

Here's some ideas

Shinji Ikari - James Arnold Taylor
    Kensuke Aida - Rob Paulsen
    Kaworu Nagisa - Josh Keaton
    Ritsuko Akagi - Grey DeLisle
    Asuka Langley Soryuu - Laura Bailey
    Pen-Pen - Dee Bradley Baker (does animal voices)
    EVA-01 - Dee Bradley Baker (think his Berserker voice from Gears of War)