Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Domayv

Conversation Between Domayv and Starscreamsfan
Showing Visitor Messages 161 to 170 of 336
  1. Starscreamsfan
    06-01-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Yes, there is some newer media I enjoy. However, you can consider me kind of a loner, 'cause a lot of people around here just ignore or disregard older performers, which is sad, 'cause they really were a very important part of VO history.
  2. Domayv
    06-01-2016
    Domayv
    you can also enjoy newer media in addition to old time radio.
  3. Starscreamsfan
    06-01-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Yeah, well, I really am more into old time radio and those kind of things, 'cause old time radio was just priceless enjoyment. All the actors loved portraying their characters and interacting with their fellow performers.
  4. Domayv
    06-01-2016
    Domayv
    well the issue is that you haven't watched that much anime to become familiar witg the VOs
  5. Starscreamsfan
    06-01-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Seems like a solid cast. Not too familiar with them except for Aya Hisakawa, who played Boater in Transformers Victory.

But yeah, a pretty nice cast all around.
  6. Starscreamsfan
    06-01-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    I'll judge your cast later in the day, if my Internet cooperates.
  7. Starscreamsfan
    06-01-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Yes, Nelvana is doing the next Battle of the Planets cartoon. And yes, Ocean was slated to dub BOTP at some point.

From what Jason told me, the people listed in the credits were Mike Dobson (who I think would have been pretty boss as either Tiny or Jason), Richard Newman (who is my ideal Vancouver voice for Tiny and Anderson), Nicole Oliver (I suspect she was Princess in this), French Tickner (I'm guessing that he could have been either one of the villains like Zoltar or the Spirit, or one of the authority figures, like Anderson or President Kane), Sam Vincent (I'm guessing he would have been either Mark or Keyop) and a guy named Scott Campbell (don't know who he is).

Jason is still searching his files for a list with the characters each of these guys played.
  8. Domayv
    06-01-2016
    Domayv
    I am almost done with the characters. Now I will post a JP cast of the first 13 characters

Mikhail Sukhoi - Jun Fukuyama
    Lenore McNeil - Rina Satou
    Mona Medici - Yoko Hikasa
    Venus - Sanae Kobayashi
    Hei Long - Tatsuhisa Suzuki
    Sammy B. Goody - Norio Wakamoto or Daisuke Kishio (I know Daisuke can pull a near-flawless replication of him, as shown with Digimon Fusion)
    Yukiko Shiranui - Aya Hisakawa
    Trevor Blomkamp - Daisuke Hirakawa
    Alex Wolf - Megumi Ogata
    Isaac Freeman - Hiroyuki Yoshino
    Sir Isaac Prescott - Daisuke Namikawa
    O - Tetsu Inada
  9. Domayv
    05-31-2016
    Domayv
    there was an intended Vancouver dub of G Force (I know BOTP is getting a new series with Nelvana)
  10. Starscreamsfan
    05-31-2016
    Starscreamsfan
    Yeah, it may be old, but I really think it's a pretty solid dub. The actors all seem to be having fun playing the characters. It's great that they managed to get radio veterans like Janet Waldo and Alan Young (RIP) in this.

I've also seen the ADV/Sentai version of this dub and it's just as boss.

I've been talking to the author of "G-Force Animated", who worked as an employee for Sandy Frank (you can see the talk on the BOTP thread I made). And he said some interesting stuff, like a cancelled Ocean dub of this series (he also confirmed some of the performers).