Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > huzaifa_ahmed

Conversation Between huzaifa_ahmed and CelestialOuroboros
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 24
  1. huzaifa_ahmed
    07-23-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    Anyway sorry if thats too existential and/or personal btw...
  2. huzaifa_ahmed
    07-23-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    Yesterday I learned that Chester was molested as a child, so it was incredibly chilling to go rewatch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_v1SLIt01Q

Personally it breaks my soul that the one mainstream artist who let me know I wasn't alone in feeling guilt, depression, loneliness, rejection, self-blame, hurt/abused, and the like...had to suffer so much they just could not bear it.

I'm also reminded that Chester's voice was the main reason I kept liking LP long after I discovered "better" (more complex/artsy) music. (Mike is a legit good rapper too) Chester could belt better than 90% of Top 40 vocalists out there. It says a lot how good he sounded live (although it was definitely better pre-2009-ish), when put into that perspective.
  3. CelestialOuroboros
    07-23-2017
    CelestialOuroboros
    Know what you mean. I grew up listening to LP's singles ("Breaking the Habit"'s still a great track), so to hear about Chester Bennington's recent passing hit me. Also the fact that he died during what would've been close friend Cornell's 53rd birthday, left 6 children behind, and was the godfather of one of Cornell's' sons (i.e. Christopher) makes this whole event feel even worse honestly. Harrowing stuff.
  4. huzaifa_ahmed
    07-23-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    Dammit. Not again, huh?
  5. CelestialOuroboros
    05-28-2017
    CelestialOuroboros
    To be fair, I didn't know Dimebag passed away in '04 until years later, nor did I listen to a whole lot of Pantera growing up. That said, there are songs from that band that I still love revisiting; "Cemetery Gates," the t/t off Cowboys from Hell, "Drag the Waters," and "5 Minutes Alone," just to name a few. And as for Soundgarden... "Fell on Black Days," "Jesus Christ Pose," "Black Hole Sun" obviously, "Limo Wreck," "The Day I Tried to Live," and "Outshined" easy.
  6. huzaifa_ahmed
    05-27-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    As morbid as the topic is, it's creepy how in-sync we were there. Yeah, I'm talking about that event there. It's just tragic & I'm still kind of mourning. In Dimebag's case, I wasn't really around & I'm upset anyway. Chris & Soundgarden are personal; they (along Deftones, Metallica, & Bad Brains) were one of the first "artsy" groups I listened to, & I still really enjoy plenty of their work.
  7. CelestialOuroboros
    05-26-2017
    CelestialOuroboros
    Something went down on this site or...? Maybe you're talking about Chris Cornell here? Because if that's the case, then yeah, that was awful; shocking even.
  8. huzaifa_ahmed
    05-26-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    Hey, thanks. So, did you hear what happened?
  9. CelestialOuroboros
    05-26-2017
    CelestialOuroboros
    Ohai, _ahmed!
  10. huzaifa_ahmed
    05-25-2017
    huzaifa_ahmed
    Hello again, Celestial. I hope you've been doing well.