Adam Resurrected: 2
    The Grand Budapest Hotel: 3,5
    Thor: Ragnarok: 4
    Isle of Dogs: 3,5
    Hotel Artemis: 3,5
  2. 8000 Saiyans
    06-21-2018
    8000 Saiyans
    I recall a Toon Zone post criticising Kirby Morrow for never really changing his voice. Even if Kirby isn't really versatile as an actor, he still can give great performances.

That post also criticized Brian Drummond and Scott McNeil for not having much range, which is bull, since Brian and Scott are quite versatile.

Yeah, I also love film noir a great deal. Mitch was made for that genre.
  3. Starscreamsfan
    06-21-2018
    Starscreamsfan
    Yeah, well, I don't mind that, every VA has a voice that he or she frequently uses.

Yup, it must have been pretty tough for him, but that's another reason why I like him as both, because he really seems to be giving his all to both of them.

Well, I've never seen the Magnificent Ambersons, but I heard a lot of stories about it regarding the film being edited.

Yeah, I think I would have been a film noir writer back in the day, since it's one of my favorite genres. I like tough guy characters with a sense of humor and cool demeanor like Philip Marlowe, so even if I may not be the best writer around, I surely would have loved to do film noir stories during the Golden Age.
  4. 8000 Saiyans
    06-21-2018
    8000 Saiyans
    Even if I think Frank tends to overuse it a little, it's a pretty awesome voice, but a very painful one to do.

Poor guy. He had to do Darkseid and Kalibak and had to strain his throat while doing so. But hey, he's Frank Welker.

I should rewatch The Magnificent Ambersons to see if the cinematography is really better there than in Casablanca. Apparently, the cinematographer for the former was originally going to shoot Chinatown, but was fired.

I suppose that if you had been a writer during the Golden Age, your scripts would have been mostly film noir scripts.
  5. Starscreamsfan
    06-21-2018
    Starscreamsfan
    True. Honestly, I think that kinda voice works perfectly for characters like Shenron or Darkseid.

Yes, he could have worked quite nicely as Tony. He would have been closer to William Marshall's take.

Honestly, I kinda like the mullet. Most hero alter egos are clean-cut, so seeing Tony with a mullet made me think that it made him different from the norm.
  6. 8000 Saiyans
    06-21-2018
    8000 Saiyans
    Yeah, I think so too, I just don't see why people complain about them sounding like Dr. Claw. Even if Don's rendition sounds similar to Dr. Claw, the voice fits Shenron. He doesn't need to sound like Sabat or the Japanese voice actors to be great.

I recall you saying on the Howard Stark voice compare that Peter Renaday's rendition reminded you of Mike Rye. Aside from Howard, think Mike could have also worked as Tony?

I gotta say that it's weird seeing Tony with a mullet like in the 90's cartoon.
  7. Starscreamsfan
    06-21-2018
    Starscreamsfan
    Well, they should regret the decision, 'cause Godfather's cinematography is great.

I dunno, I feel the Ocean actors for Shenron sound pretty imposing.

Here's my next bio:

http://marveldawnofdestiny.freeforum...k-iron-lantern
  8. 8000 Saiyans
    06-21-2018
    8000 Saiyans
    I saw someone in the Shenron voice compare complaining that the Ocean actors for the character sound like Dr. Claw.

I'm not sure exactly what people expect from the Ocean voice actors to do for the character. They are basically just doing the voice that they imagine the character to have. And besides, it's a massive and imposing dragon god. Sounding deep is the only way that the character can sound right.
  9. 8000 Saiyans
    06-20-2018
    8000 Saiyans
    Yeah.

I haven't seen it either, but I'll probably check it out someday.

I've only really seen Chinatown out of the nominees for Best Cinematography. I haven't seen the other nominees, but I might be disappointed. Interestingly enough, the guy who shot the first Dirty Harry film got nominated that year.

I recall seeing somewhere that the studio executives complained about The Godfather being too dark in its cinematography. Wonder if that's one of the reasons why Willis didn't get a nomination for the first movie or hell, even the second one.

I guess the Academy must have regretted not giving Willis a win so they gave him a Honorary Oscar.
  10. Starscreamsfan
    06-20-2018
    Starscreamsfan
    Nope, I've never seen that one.

Man, they picked that instead of Godfather II???