Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Doctor

Conversation Between The Doctor and EPA Deane
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 66
  1. The Doctor
    01-30-2019
    The Doctor
    I have three.

The Haunting of Mary Jane Watson's story is really silly, even by the show's standards, and Mysterio's girlfriend both comes out of nowhere and makes really uncompelling villain (plus, her voice actress is really annoying).

Rocket Racer has wonky continuity (apparently, Peter has been a substitute teacher in a night school, even though it was never even mention before or after) and tries way too hard to be "hip and with it" with the use of urban gansta slang, which the writers obviously had no idea how to write.

Six Forgotten Warriors is easily the worst multi-part episode of the show. Even with 5 parts, it has too many characters and plot-points, the pacing is really wonky and the eldery superheroes are just sad and pathetic. Plus, Kingpin was way too OP in these episodes. Holding the Scorpion in a bear hug and breaking shackles that were keeping Scorpion, Spider-Man and even Rhido in place are things he just shouldn't be able to do.
  2. EPA Deane
    01-29-2019
    EPA Deane
    I have a feeling that you REALY will not like Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' version of Master Splinter. Eric Bauza is wasted as that version.

I would definitely like to hear George Takei voice Splinter.

So it seems we're only getting Spider-man's F4 costumes in the DLC. A Pity.

What would you say is the worst episode of the 90's Spider-Man animated series in your Opinion?
  3. The Doctor
    01-27-2019
    The Doctor
    I'm with you there and I'm just getting tired of these wacky comedy reboots of action franchises. Sure, Thundercats started out as a silly campy show that was mainly just a toy commercial, so I'm not personally mad that Thundercats specifically are getting a comedy reboot, but the trend as a whole annoys me. Especially, since all of them seem to have the same premise of "what if the heroes actually weren't heroic, but lazy and incompetant?" That's honestly the easiest (i.e. laziest) way to do a comedic superhero and I really miss the clever satire of the Tick, the cartoony nonsense mixed with dry wit of 87's TMNT or the enjoyable character dynamics of Darkwing Duck.

I personally want to see him tackle X-Women someday. I can't believe that they got Chris Claremont to write that piece of crap.

I would like to see Netflix do either animated series based on the IDW TMNT comics or couple of movies based on some of the more major Mirage stories, myself.
  4. EPA Deane
    01-23-2019
    EPA Deane
    I miss the 2011 Thundercats series a lot. The upcoming Roar reboot sound terrible from what I've heard of it.

I'm really looking forward to the Cassandra Cain Retrospective. She's a honestly a Solid character that's never been used properly More often than not. One Comic that I hope Linkara will cover the Marvel Super Special Adaptation of Dune...

Honestly Dune as a franchise would work brilliantly as a Grandiose Anime in the Vein of Wolf's Rain or Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo.

Another Show that would work perfectly with Netflix would be Alias. That Show is So serialised it's insane.
  5. The Doctor
    01-22-2019
    The Doctor
    I hope you are right. That would be cool.

I personally like his Frank Miller reviews most. Something that tries really hard to be serious, gritty and hardcore, but fails miserably makes great fodder for riffing.

Wouldn't suprise me at all, since they also killed Thundercats. I really wish that Netflix would pick more story-focused action shows, since a streaming site seems like perfect platform for them.
  6. EPA Deane
    01-20-2019
    EPA Deane
    Considering Johnny Storm's close friendship with Peter, I feel that he may make a Cameo in some DLC.

The Review of The Wrath of Khan Comic adaptation is definitely one of the best episodes (especially Linkara's reaction to the "KHANNNN" comic panel)

I wish Gargoyles was on Netflix..... and I also wish Netflix UK would just get Young Justice ALREADY!!! I want to re-watch that show without CN terrible scheduling.

If Voltron: Legendary Defender was Cartoon Network I honestly think they would have cancelled it just because of poor toy sales (like they did with Young Justice).
  7. The Doctor
    01-20-2019
    The Doctor
    Do we know for a fact that FF are actually going to show up in the DLC? As far as I know, we only have the "something fantastic is coming" tease, which could mean almost anything at this point.

Oh, I'm already aware of him and have been following him for years. Good stuff.

I haven't, but it's on my list. Greg Weisman is amazing, the cast is full of Star Trek alumnae and the show is praised to hell everywhere. I'm currenty watching, for the first time, 60's Spider-Man cartoon (I recently made it to season 3), so I might get to Gargoyles after that. Although, the series currently doesn't have Region 2 dvd release and I don't feel like burning money on any streaming sites besides Netflix (which also doesn't have the show).
  8. EPA Deane
    01-19-2019
    EPA Deane
    I hope the Fantastic Four are done well in their DLC appearance for Spider-Man PS4, especially Reed Richards (I can't stand the way he got ruined in the Ultimate Marvel Universe)

I recommend that you check out Atop The 4th Wall. A great Web show review Bad Comics/Star Trek Comics.

Have you watched Gargoyles by any Chance? Marina Sirtis is intense as the voice of Demona there...
  9. The Doctor
    01-18-2019
    The Doctor
    Yeah, although based on the few screencaps I have seen, the comics seem to be doing their best to write the characters more like their Prime Universe counterparts, which is nice even if I'm not interested to actually reading them.

It probably wouldn't happen anytime soon, but it could be cool, if IDW did a comic based on the Star Trek 4's proposed story. Granted, there probably isn't much to work with, since I don't think they ever had even a first draft or anything.

I was lucky enough to get JLA/Avengers trade paperback, when it was still widely available, and I'm glad I did, since that it's probably my number one favorite comic crossover.

I have no strong opinion about Silver Sable's voice actors. Most of them sound kinda same-y to me and the character overall isn't all that interesting to me. I seriously struggle to remember any of her voices from memory.
  10. EPA Deane
    01-17-2019
    EPA Deane
    Who do you think is the best voice for Silver Sable? I most partial to Virginia Madsen's take.