Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Doctor

Conversation Between The Doctor and EPA Deane
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 66
  1. The Doctor
    03-04-2019
    The Doctor
    My biggest issue is how generic the story was. There's an one-dimensional bad guy after a MacGuffin and you have to stop him. It is as straighforward as that, with no interesting twists or turns. I didn't care much either for how none of your choices affected the story. Sure, to be fair, in the orinal trilogy the consequences of your choices don't really start to come into play until the second game, but even then ME:A didn't have anything like the Virmire mission or the like.

I think there is a lot to like about ME:A. The combat is probably the best in the entire franchise, the characters are mostly fun and there are some fun humor. It just overall fails to reach the bar of the previous games. I really do believe that a great sequel could still salvage this, but the underwhelming reception of ME:A and the blacklash against Anthem are probably making BioWare's days numbered.
  2. EPA Deane
    03-01-2019
    EPA Deane
    What were your Biggest Issues with ME: Andromeda and are there any things in it you genuienely liked?
  3. EPA Deane
    02-09-2019
    EPA Deane
    If had to Nominate One Video Game Franchise with Exceptional Voice Acting, The Legacy Of Kain Franchise would have to be it. When you take into account the Complexity of that series' narrative and the Extremely eloquent and Verbose dialogue of the character monologues/ exchanges, the Acting of the Cast has to be Pitch perfect for it to both sound Natural and Complelling. Thankfully the Terrific voice cast of the Series (especially Michael Bell, Simon Templeman, Anna and Tony Jay to name just a few) are more than up for the task.

I also have to give credit to both of the Knights of the Old Republic Games (especially Sara Kestleman's Exceptional performance as Darth Traya in KOTOR II), The Metal Gear Franchise (With the exception of The Twin Snakes, which I feel had some poor Direction and Scripting), Fire Elmblem Echoes, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XV, Batman: The Telltale Series and Valkyria Chronicles.
  4. EPA Deane
    02-09-2019
    EPA Deane
    I do think Haley Joel Osment, Alyson Stoner, Paul St. Peter and Robin Atkin Downes gave solid performances despite the ADR Direction.

I would have personally Chosen to have either Peter Renaday (who has done a Terrific Leonard Nimoy Impression in the past) or George Takei to replace Leonard Nimoy as Mather Xehonart. Rutger Hauer was such a strange replacement in the role.
  5. The Doctor
    02-09-2019
    The Doctor
    I see what you mean. What makes it strange is that even characters who were fine in previous games sound pretty bad in KH3 (Tate Donovan is so stiff and emotionless).

What are some of the video games that you personally feel have the best voice acting? I alreade praised Mass Effect - trilogy, but I also love voice acting in Telltale's The Walking Dead and ps4 Spider-Man.
  6. EPA Deane
    02-05-2019
    EPA Deane
    KH 2 is my favourite game. That being said when it comes to Video Games these days, I watch lets plays instead.

From What I've seen of KH3, I think the voice direction is very Uneven even by Robert Buchholz's usual standards.

Robert Buchholz is a better voice actor than Voice director IMO
  7. The Doctor
    02-05-2019
    The Doctor
    I saw it years ago when it first premiered, so my memory of it is little hazy. As far as I can recall, it has pretty cheap animation (honestly, only marginally better than your average motion comic) and story is little generic, but the voice acting was solid and the theme song just amazing.

Have you played any of the Kingdom Hearts games? How do you feel about KH3 so far (careful with spoilers, I'm not finnished yeat), presuming you have had a chance to play it?
  8. EPA Deane
    02-03-2019
    EPA Deane
    The Alien Costume Saga is my favourite story in the show followed closely by Framed/The Man without Fear. Goblin War is my favourite episode that isn't a Two Parter.

I could never get behind the 90 series version of Harry Osborn. The show kept framing him as sympathetic and tragic (especially in 'The Wedding'), but I just found him either Bland or Bratty.

I've never watched The Amazing World of Gumball. My Access to CN is very limited these Days.

Have you seen the Black Panther Animated Series?
  9. The Doctor
    02-03-2019
    The Doctor
    What are, in your opinion, the best episodes of the series? I personally like The Alien Costume three-parter, two-part X-Men crossover, Secret Wars three-parter and every episode with either Hobgoblin or Green Goblin (well, except The Wedding).

In my opinion, the biggest flaw of the show was how it handled all the relationships. Everything, and I mean everything, seems to happen off-screen. Peter and Harry hate each other, but then suddenly Peter starts calling him his best friend. Peter jumps between Felicia and MJ, before proposing the latter seemingly for no reason. Or how about Liz confessing her love to Harry, during the final season after the two never interacted on-screen together and Liz herself had like one line of dialogue in the entire show before that episode.

Have you ever watched The Amazing World of Gumball? I recently discovered it by happenstance and really like it.
  10. EPA Deane
    01-30-2019
    EPA Deane
    Rocket Racer annoys me a lot because it follows one of the Best Episodes of the Entire show.

One of the most frustrating things about the 90s Spider-Man show is that it both Drags out Multipart storylines (especially in Season 2 and 4) and yet the pacing of the show is horribly uneven.

Aunt Anna Watson is the Worst part of the Show.....Ugh Such a Hateful Old Nag.