Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Shaun Ince

Conversation Between Shaun Ince and 8000 Saiyans
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 119
  1. 8000 Saiyans
    07-23-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    Well, here's a link to Episode 45 of GT in Japanese.

https://www21.gogoanimes.tv/dragon-ball-gt-episode-45 (Go to 12:03)

It's clearly not Shozo Iizuka or even Tetsu Inada. I've come to pick up Yanada's voice rather well.
  2. Shaun Ince
    07-23-2019
    Shaun Ince
    Oh, speaking about Nappa in GT & the doubt on whether or not Shozo liuzuka voiced him there, do you have a link to a clip to this so that I could listen to it?

Even if you don't, I might look up some Japanese GT clips and see for myself.
  3. Shaun Ince
    07-23-2019
    Shaun Ince
    It's an interesting thing to bring up. Personally, I'd say the NYAV Post cast is much better in the movies than they are in the TV series.

Perhaps SNaG was referring to the new cast on the Japanese side when he was referring to the dub track being superior. I shouted that comment out under the pretence that he was referring to that. That could be the case. Or it could be something completely different.

Sure, there was a dub for a Berserk property that predates the original Berserk, but it's not the one that most people remember or are even familiar with.
  4. 8000 Saiyans
    07-23-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    If you're curious why I asked you your thoughts on Canna's screams as Guts compared to Diraison's is because I recall you shouting out a comment on one of the Berserk movies where SNaG said that it surpassed the original Japanese, so I was curious if you thought that Diraison, Collins and Keranen were not only better than the newer cast but also the older cast, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Some people forget that they weren't the first people in English to voice these characters. Michael Bell and B.J. Ward were.
  5. 8000 Saiyans
    07-02-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    I was rewatching episode 45 of Dragon Ball GT where Nappa gets to say one line and it doesn't sound anything like Shozo Iizuka. It sounds more like Kiyoyuki Yanada, who's been credited in other sites.
  6. Shaun Ince
    07-02-2019
    Shaun Ince
    I have yet to hear a performance from them that I don't like. Otsuka & Koyasu are awesome
  7. 8000 Saiyans
    07-01-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    Oh, and Akio Otsuka's Yujiro and Takehito Koyasu's Doyle are also standout performances.

Is there even such a thing as a bad performance from Akio Otsuka and Takehito Koyasu? They seem to put 100% effort into everything they do.
  8. 8000 Saiyans
    06-08-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    Oh, so you've seen that video with Akio Otsuka as Arnold and Masako Nozawa as that kid? Yeah, he could do a pretty cool Terminator, but I think Tessho Genda will continue to voice him since he's basically the go-to-voice actor for Arnold.

Oddly enough, for a while, I thought that Otsuka hadn't voiced The Punisher, but it turns out that he has voiced him, but for the Dolph Lundgren and Ray Stevenson movies.

I haven't seen any of the John Wick movies yet, but apparently Toshiyuki Morikawa is the voice for the character in Japanese. Ain't that cool?
  9. Shaun Ince
    06-08-2019
    Shaun Ince
    You know, after listening to Akio Otsuka dub over Arnold Schwarzenegger in Last Action Hero, I wanna hear him voice The Terminator.
  10. 8000 Saiyans
    05-22-2019
    8000 Saiyans
    He also fit Aladdin pretty well. The Japanese cast of Aladdin is pretty cool. Zamasu as Aladdin, Beerus as Genie, Kenshiro as Iago and Tikal the Echidna as Jasmine. I'm not kidding, the Japanese VA for Tikal actually did Jasmine.

If you haven't seen Monster, you should because Nozomu Sasaki gives a terrific performance as the antagonist. It's one of those performances that makes you think: "The guy that did Tetsuo and Yusuke voiced this guy?"