Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > 1dbad

Conversation Between 1dbad and GreenGoblin75
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 90
  1. 1dbad
    06-15-2018
    1dbad
    It does sound like his Lupin! And man, I loved that movie, haha. (as well as Zombie Island)

I do too! That's the only downside to the Lupin franchise. You have a lot of interesting VAs that have only been able to play the characters once or twice. As much as I appreciate them trying to finally give Lupin a more consistent cast in recent years, it does mean a lot of the former VAs likely won't get another chance to play them again.
  2. GreenGoblin75
    06-10-2018
    GreenGoblin75
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TOr-3GnqgS8

Bob voices the black-haired scientist here and sounds quite similar to Lupin.

I honestly wish he could've gotten more chances to voice everyone's favorite thief.
  3. 1dbad
    06-03-2018
    1dbad
    I loved that scene too. I also thought Clarisse was a really endearing character. You can tell Miyazaki directed this movie with how it has a lot of touches that Ghibli later became known for.

If you do, I hope you like it! Cagliostro is a bit more innocent than Lupin normally is, but I think a big part of the franchise's longevity is due to the variety it offers. You have everything from kid-friendly fare to more risque stuff aimed at an adult audience.

I thought his voice had a nostalgic quality too, but I could never quite place it. I think you're right!
  4. GreenGoblin75
    06-02-2018
    GreenGoblin75
    I think one of my favorite parts was the beginning. That heist was hilarious.

The movie was my first Lupin experience, I think I may have to watch more.

I was trying to figure out why Bob Bergen's voice sounded so nostalgic, I think a character he played in a Scooby Doo movie sounded like Lupin!
  5. 1dbad
    06-02-2018
    1dbad
    Interesting timing! I recently did the same thing myself. Netflix made it available the day of the Royal Wedding and I thought "Why not?". I enjoyed it too. I still need to get around to watching more of the Lupin movies and OVAs. I've only seen some of the series so far.
  6. GreenGoblin75
    06-01-2018
    GreenGoblin75
    So I just watched Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro and really enjoyed it.

I watched the Streamline dub.
  7. 1dbad
    01-12-2018
    1dbad
    No worries!

Have fun with it. Hope I can get to it before too long myself.
  8. GreenGoblin75
    01-07-2018
    GreenGoblin75
    Sorry for the double post, that was an accident.

I'm really liking it so far.
  9. 1dbad
    01-07-2018
    1dbad
    Not yet! I've heard great things about it, though.
  10. GreenGoblin75
    01-06-2018
    GreenGoblin75
    Have you seen Trigun? I've just started watching it.