Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > MasterBlaster

Conversation Between MasterBlaster and Marusero
Showing Visitor Messages 81 to 90 of 123
  1. MasterBlaster
    02-03-2019
    MasterBlaster
    Thanks, man! Glad to hear that you agree!

I could see most of these VA's working out pretty well, with the exception of Griffith--I don't know, I think he's a great VA, but thinking back to some of his roles, I don't think he'd be a good Dan.

Everyone else is fair game, though, and I can totally imagine them potentially voicing Dan.
  2. Marusero
    02-03-2019
    Marusero
    I totally agree with you, pal: McCord's voice just fits the character so well and is pretty unique.

Not that Bukhari's performance is bad, but after listening to that clip of his again, I don't think it fits that much. Nowadays, I just think the guy sounds (somewhat) artificial, but like you said, the direction he was given could also have affected his rendition.

Now, if I could suggest some VAs for Dan, then here's a list for you to look at (if you're interested, that is):
    Antony Del Rio
    Jason Griffith
    Yuri Lowenthal
    Scott Menville
    Bryce Papenbrook

I also saw someone suggest Kyle Hebert after typing "voice cast meme" on my phone and suddenly bumping into an image of a hypothetical cast for the series, but honestly, I don't think it would work very well (no offense to the guy, though).
  3. MasterBlaster
    02-03-2019
    MasterBlaster
    Definitely McCord, without a doubt. Guy originated the role and had an entire series to refine and perfect it.

Bukhari's a decent stand-in and does decent enough, even if his voice for Dan is higher-pitched than McCord's, but lacks any of the nuance that McCord's Dan has. Plus him being restricted by having to imitate a previous actor (and also likely the voice direction he was given) doesn't really help, either.
  4. Marusero
    02-03-2019
    Marusero
    Between McCord and Bukhari, who do you think is the better Dan?
  5. MasterBlaster
    02-02-2019
    MasterBlaster
    No problem! Glad I could help, bud!
  6. Marusero
    02-01-2019
    Marusero
    Thank you very much, pal! I'll make sure post the VC request sometime tomorrow.
  7. MasterBlaster
    02-01-2019
    MasterBlaster
    Better and better, to be honest! Better enough that I actually managed to finish the sound clips! Sorry for the wait and all that.

I decided to source Scott McCord's soundclips from the game, as opposed to the anime, since I felt that comparing them on that level (game vs. game) would make sense (plus, the anime was ADR while the games were prelay, IIRC).

I also decided to do two versions of McCord's soundclips, one with a bit of tutorial chatter and one without, but with a bit more cutscene dialogue. So you can decide which one you like a bit more.

(Scott McCord V1) https://picosong.com/wJwSB/
    (Scott McCord V2) https://picosong.com/wJwSU/
    (Awwab Bukhari) https://picosong.com/wJw6F/
  8. Marusero
    01-31-2019
    Marusero
    How's your arm doing? Is it still getting better?
  9. MasterBlaster
    01-29-2019
    MasterBlaster
    Yeah, I'm doing well, thanks for asking! Same here, arm still hurts a smidge, but it's doing a bit better than before, for sure.
  10. Marusero
    01-29-2019
    Marusero
    Are you doing well, buddy? I hope for your arm to recover as soon as possible.