Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Bry

Conversation Between Bry and TylerMirage
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 38
  1. TylerMirage
    04-10-2018
    TylerMirage
    I think they were very talented VAs with a lot of range who, unfortunately, left us too soon.

I'm not too familiar with Burson's personal life.

My main wish for both (besides still being around) is that they received more non-Looney Tunes work.
  2. Bry
    04-08-2018
    Bry
    Hey Tyler, what do you think of Greg Burson and Joe Alaskeyís careers?

Greg, I think is a textbook example of ďlost potentialĒ, with how he destroyed himself during the last years of his life. Itís really sad, cause I rather liked his impressions (his Daws voices are spot on), as well as his original characters as well (Mr. DNA gets a ton of points, mainly cause Jurassic Park, Iíll never tire of). Again, itís sad, since Iíve seen some decade old comments from some of his friends, and it really felt like he was too far gone for help.

Joe Alaskey I really love, and still do. His range in Blanc characters was phenomenal, as well as his Grandpa Lou and other original voices too (Doc Ock and some MLAATR episodes I hold near). Itís a shame he wasnít really given much work during his last few years, but his career really speaks for himself. I wasnít kidding when I said he was the reincarnation of Blanc either, and he always will be in my eyes.
  3. TylerMirage
    02-26-2018
    TylerMirage
    Ha ha, yeah, I saw that making its way around the web recently. Pretty good.
  4. Bry
    02-26-2018
    Bry
  5. TylerMirage
    01-21-2018
    TylerMirage
    That is, unfortunately, very accurate. Good on Bergman, though! He must have to wash his mouth out with soap after every recording session, ha ha.

The thing with Seth is that outside of his own work, he has a very natural delivery to his lines. Family Guy/American Dad/Cleveland Show/etc. all rely on the same cadence of delivery. We know he can do more and can do better...
  6. Bry
    01-21-2018
    Bry
    Oh yeah, him as Mr. Orange. There’s already a trailer up and it sounds almost exactly like him.

For Dan and Nancy, it’s sad to see that they rarely get opportunities (though it felt great hearing Dan as Grandpa Phil again), but I’m sure they’re comfortable with the payrates of Simpsons that they don’t need to do much else (would be nice if they do though). Seth has a ton of other roles, and mostly he’s the one that creates them, but yeah I kinda wish he was Norman Osbourne or Professor Xavier at one point (even if he’d probably sound like Brian heh).
  7. TylerMirage
    01-21-2018
    TylerMirage
    Well, I bet ya' that Sly still took home a big paycheque by virtue of royalties and association with the game, ha ha.

Yeah, like, there's nothing inherently wrong with having a large resume of impersonating other actors' characters, or being relegated to a small range of titles, but...it just makes me sad sometimes that the likes of Dan Castellenate, Nancy Cartwright, Seth MacFarlane, Jeff Bergman, etc. are sort of hand-cuffed to certain roles and rarely get the opportunity to explore other franchises. With Jeff's (or Dan's or Nancy's, etc.) range, imagine how many roles they could cover in a Marvel or DC title, or a Transformers title... We need more examples like Mike Tyson Mysteries with him, you know?

Ooh, Jeff as ol' Donny? That'll be interesting.
  8. Bry
    01-21-2018
    Bry
    Oh yes, that Sly Stallone impression is just really bloody impressive. It almost sounded like Sylvester accepted the video game paycheck. Jeff has an impressive range but yeah, most of his career is basically imitating other actors (not that there’s a huge problem with it). I’ve seen Mike Tyson Mysteries and it has him doing a lot of varied roles.

.. also an upcoming Donald Trump cartoon with him as our leader (not your leader thankfully )
  9. TylerMirage
    01-21-2018
    TylerMirage
    I think he's a talented voice actor with a lot of range who is, unfortunately, pigeon-holed into mimicing old WB and Hanna-Barbera characters. Not that those characters aren't worth doing, far from it. But much like the Simpsons cast or Seth MacFarlane, he is a guy with a huge amount of range who should be allowed to explore it. More roles like Barney Ross in the Expendables VG and Joker, please.
  10. Bry
    01-18-2018
    Bry
    Hey Tyler, whattya think of Jeff Bergman and his work? (Also forgive my earlier comments that were sh**talking his work, I’ve grown since then haha.)