ANNOUNCEMENT: The BTVA server has moved servers and undergone major code changes. If you experience any issues, please report them here

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > HienFan

Conversation Between HienFan and 8000 Saiyans
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. HienFan
    12-20-2018
    HienFan
    It makes him sound like he's just a jr version of his dad when his voice got raspy and a really really heavy smoker.
  2. 8000 Saiyans
    12-20-2018
    8000 Saiyans
    Yeah, the Big Green dubs are pretty funny.

I noticed how you share the same problems I have with Vale's Trunks. Some people argue that his rasp makes sense since Sabat's Vegeta also has one, but Trunks is supposed to be a polite character and the rasp just makes him sound more harsh and like a jerk IMO.
  3. HienFan
    12-19-2018
    HienFan
    Ah yeah those movies, I mainly heard of the movies because of... a certain so bad it's hilarious dub.

An Ocean dub for today's era of Dragon Ball would be heavens for me, Funimation is alright now if we're going by PS2 games Budokai comparison but eh I like Ocean's work for the series.
  4. 8000 Saiyans
    12-19-2018
    8000 Saiyans
    Well, I only really like it for some of the performances in it. The scripts are pretty bad.

I prefer their dubs of the first three movies. If only they had the direction they had in those movies and more accurate scripts. I like those dubs as much as I like the recent stuff from Funimation.

Now I'm just waiting for the Ocean Kai dub to come out to hear Drummond's improved take on Vegeta and McNeil's Piccolo. And Richard Ian Cox's Goku and Lee Tockar's Frieza.
  5. HienFan
    12-19-2018
    HienFan
    I tend to only reply to a few users because I have a hard time starting up new friendship but I knew you were around for sometime but yosh, I think you like the Ocean dub of DBZ?