Emma Frost / White Queen
X-Men X-Men

Emma Frost / White Queen

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Emma Frost / White Queen with sound clips and images.
Franchise: X-Men

Emma Frost, also known as The White Queen, is mutant with the ability to turn her body into solid diamond, and possesses various telepathic talents. Over the years, she's been both an ally and enemy of the X-Men. In some incarnations, she's part of the Hellfire Club, also known as The Inner Circle.
Created by AMT on Jul 14 2011
Special thanks to Jackson_H, Pokejedservo, TylerMirage for additional sound clips.
Pryde Of The X-Men (1989)
White Queen / Emma FrostSusan Silo
Susan Silo
X-Men (1992)
Emma FrostMela Lee
Mela Lee
X-Men Legends 2: Rise Of Apocalypse (2005)
Emma FrostBobby Holliday
Bobby Holliday
Wolverine and the X-Men (2008)
Emma FrostKari Wahlgren
Kari Wahlgren
Astonishing X-Men (2009)
Emma FrostLara Gilchrist
Lara Gilchrist
Astonishing X-Men (2009)
Emma FrostErica Schroeder
Erica Schroeder
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online (2011)
Emma FrostGrey DeLisle
Grey DeLisle
X-Men (Marvel Anime) (2011)
Emma FrostAli Hillis
Ali Hillis
Wolverine versus Sabretooth (2014)
Emma FrostHeather Doerksen
Heather Doerksen

Comments

EPA Deane
said at 1:20 PM on Sat Oct 22 2016
Ah yes. One of my Favourite X Men characters. Here's my top 5 favourite voices:
5. Erica Schroeder
4. Bobby Holiday
3. Lara Gilchrist
2. Ali Hillis
1. Kari Wahlgren
Possible VA Casting choice: Rosamund Pike would be perfect for the role, using either a slight British accent (or a neutral one). Having replayed Mass Effect 2 recently, I also think think Natalia Ciguliuti (Morinth's VA) would be a very fitting voice for Emma as well.
GreenGoblin75
2. Kari Wahlgreen
3. Ali Hollis
4. Bobby Holliday
5. Lara Gilchrist
HyperVoiceActing
said at 7:36 AM on Thu Feb 4 2016
Not sure if it's just me, but something about Doerksen's voice reminds me of Grey Delisle-Griffin
chaosincarnate
said at 2:55 PM on Tue Feb 2 2016
I like Heather Doerksen but the voice she used would sound SO much better with an English accent. I love Kari as Emma, but it'd be cool to hear a deeper sounding English Emma.
Autovolt
said at 3:50 PM on Sat Jan 23 2016
I definitely love Kari Wahlgren's Emma Frost best. Her English accent is fantastic (I know she's not English but it just adds a lot to the character) AND She just strikes a great balance of being intelligent, sexy, alluring, mysterious and even sympathetic. I thought Kari's performance as Emma was one of the major standouts in Wolverine and the X-Men, especially since I was never really that fond of the show, however I did manage to like Emma Frost and Kari's performance, she just resonated with me.

Erica Schroeder is a close second, while I find her performance a bit wooden at times but she has a fantastic voice for Emma.

Lara Gilchrist is a solid replacement for Erica. Her performance is a lot stronger but I find her voice not as memorable as Erica's.

Bobby Holiday sounds very alluring and mature, but she sounds maybe too mature for Emma.

Ali Hillis has an awesome voice but I'm not really fond of her Emma, it's a bit dry sounding and I really wish they just had Kari reprise in the X-Men anime dub.

Susan Silo sounds way too witchy for this White Queen but it works for the way she was depicted in her earlier appearances.

Grey DeLisle-Griffin could make for an amazing Emma Frost, under better direction and in better materials.

Mela Lee, while it's nice to see her do something a bit different than she usually does, she sounds a bit too unnatural.

I definitely am giving my vote to Kari Wahlgren. Between Emma Frost, The Enchantress, Susan Storm and Gwen Stacy. Kari will someday voice every blonde hair girl in the Marvel Universe.

BONUS: Since she once played Emma Frost in the live-action Generation X TV Movie, I wouldn't mind if Fionla Hughes someday voiced Emma. I can also see Kath Soucie and Lydia Mackay being great as Emma too.
Autovolt
said at 6:44 AM on Wed Feb 3 2016
Heather Doersken is a bit disappointing in the role.

Which is a shame since I think she is an actress who could totally nail Emma but she needs to be directed differently maybe going for the same approach Kari Wahlgren did?
Kioea

5) Mela Lee
6) Bobby Holliday
7) Lara Gilchrist
8) Ali Hillis
Starscreamsfan
said at 2:20 PM on Tue Feb 2 2016
Like Ali, Heather does have a fitting voice, but her performance is not that memorable.
Starscreamsfan
said at 11:44 AM on Mon Nov 17 2014
My Top 5:

1) Susan
2) Kari
3) Erica
4) Grey
5) Mela
Shaun Ince
said at 9:59 AM on Mon Nov 17 2014
Kari Wahlgren is the best.
Anwar
said at 6:31 PM on Thu Jul 31 2014
Who voiced her in the FOX cartoon?
ArticleTheWasbi
said at 4:51 PM on Wed Mar 18 2015
@Anwar No One, She Wasn't In It.
Kioea
said at 8:44 AM on Mon Nov 2 2015
@ArticleTheWasbi Actually, she was. She appeared as a member of the Inner Circle during the Phoenix Saga.
EPA Deane
said at 4:29 AM on Thu Nov 17 2016
@Anwar Tracey Moore voiced her.
chaosincarnate
said at 8:30 PM on Sun Jan 26 2014
1-: Kari Wahlgren: Pitch perfect, the accent is perfect and she got Emma's personality down to a tee.
2-:Bobby Holiday: Captured Emma's wise and sexy side well.
3-:Erica Schroeder: Made Emma sound cold and heartless, but come on, that's one of the reasons she's known as the White Queen. :D
4-:Lara Gilchrist: Fairly enjoyable and easy on the ears, but it's a bit of a step down from Erica, as Lara sounds a tad bit too young for Emma IMO.
5-:Ali Hillis: She made Emma sound lovely, and it's one of the most likeable depictions of the character, but Ali was a little too soft here.
6-: Susan Silo and Mela Lee: So hammy they could make a triple Bacon deluxe burger, but their corny and over the top acting has some level of enjoyment for me.
7-: Grey DeLisle: Look, I know you were reduced to SHSO of all things, but couldn't you have just used your Psylocke voice Grey?
chaosincarnate
said at 10:21 PM on Wed Oct 23 2013
Give Bobby an accent and she's perfect. I'm voting for her, but Kahri Wahlgren is very close.
Tyler Reznik
said at 5:07 PM on Mon Aug 26 2013
Kari and Ali are the only performances I'm familiar with. I thought they both did an excellent job, but I'm gonna go with Kari as the superior (although I prefer Emma's characterisation in the anime to what I've seen of her anywhere else).
Fulgore2005
said at 5:44 AM on Fri Jun 28 2013
Has to be Wahlgren. Wahlgren without a doubt.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 4:26 PM on Thu Apr 11 2013
I'd hate to say it but Grey is the weakest, at least with the others there's something interesting or rememberable but Grey is just generic
VctrBnsn
said at 1:06 PM on Thu Apr 11 2013
Susan Silo - Not that good, but OK. A little too hokey.
Mela Lee - Too raspy.
Bobby Holiday - Pretty good.
Kari Wahlgren - Perfect.
Erica Schroeder - Pretty good as well.
Ali Hillis - Kinda miss the accent, but pretty good.
Grey DeLisle - The material is a bit damning, but if she was given better material, and if she used a accent, she might of been just as good as Kari.
Lara Gilchrist - OK
ChloeKitten
said at 8:54 PM on Mon Mar 18 2013
It isn't 100% known if Emma actually has a British accent. Since Kari is the only one to explore this and do a brilliant job, I have to hand it to her.
GothamRed
said at 12:54 PM on Thu Apr 11 2013
@ChloeKitten It's think it's been stated before that she sports a fake british accent.
Tyler Reznik
said at 5:05 PM on Mon Aug 26 2013
@GothamRed Most likely; in the comics, she's from Boston.
GothamRed
said at 9:00 PM on Mon Aug 26 2013
@Tyler Reznik Yup, she is
GerPer92
said at 10:13 AM on Thu Feb 21 2013
I love Ali's voice in general, and she definitely did a great job on Emma
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 9:04 AM on Tue Feb 19 2013
Kari Wahlgren, no question! ;-D
coolgeek176
said at 9:12 PM on Thu Jan 10 2013
I'm going with Kari Wahlgren. Ali Hillis and Erica Schroeder are good too.
pokemastanumba1
said at 10:38 PM on Wed Aug 15 2012
Most of them did pretty well, but I'd go with:

#1 Kari Wahlgren
#2 Ali Hillis
#3 Erica Schroeder
#4 Bobby Holliday
#5 Susan Silo
#6 Mela Lee
Bluzziku
said at 2:59 PM on Wed Jul 18 2012
I like Kari Wahlgren the best.
BurtLancaster1913
said at 12:31 AM on Tue Jul 17 2012
They're all good in different ways but I'd have to go with Kari Wahlgren.
SmartyBoyboy
said at 10:45 AM on Wed Jun 27 2012
That's not Mela! I recognize the original quality from the arcade game.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 11:22 AM on Fri Jul 27 2012
@SmartyBoyboy They redubbed all the dialogue for the game's re-release (with only two VAs: Kyle Hebert and Mela Lee), but kept in the original Engrish-ridden script for the camp value.
Anicomicgeek
said at 4:32 PM on Fri Apr 20 2012
I'm gonna go with Kari Wahlgren for Emma, though Bobby Holliday, Erica Schroeder, and Ali Hillis are good, too.
SupremeTarantulas
said at 5:15 PM on Sat Dec 24 2011
What I'm confused she wasn't in the 1992 series I swear she was
SupremeTarantulas
said at 2:20 AM on Mon Aug 27 2012
@pete I was right. I'll add that to the forums.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 3:15 AM on Sun Dec 4 2011
I love how the new English version for the 1992 X-Men game keep the really bad script of the old one! XD I guess Kari would be my pic, but none of them are bad at all.
ConfusedPhantom
said at 8:42 PM on Sat Dec 3 2011
I'm going with Kari. Ali sounds fantastic as Emma, she sounds so much like Jennifer Hale sometimes though. Erica's was ok, but her accent kept going in and out during the whole series.
said at 8:27 PM on Sat Dec 3 2011
Wow, Ali sounds just like Lightning here. I'd say she comes in first, Erica second, and Kari third.
VocalChameleon
said at 8:18 PM on Sat Dec 3 2011
I'm going with Kari Wahlgren, but Ali Hillis is doing an amazing job as Emma!

Born Today, December 8th

Roy Firestone

Dominic Monaghan

Teri Hatcher

Dwight Howard
THE BEST
Who do you think has been the best from these Emma Frost / White Queen voice actors?
Susan Silo
Mela Lee
Bobby Holliday
Kari Wahlgren
Erica Schroeder
Ali Hillis
Grey DeLisle
Lara Gilchrist
Heather Doerksen
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Emma Frost / White Queen X-Men style=" on Amazon.com.