Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
GHIJKLM
NOPQRST
UVWXYZ
OTHER WARCRAFT COMPARES
Warcraft

Voice Compare » Warcraft » King Terenas Menethil II

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of King Terenas Menethil II with sound clips and images.
Terenas Menethil II was the last true king of Lordaeron and the primary founder of the original Alliance of Lordaeron. Terenas refused to listen to the wisdom of the prophet Medivh (The Last Guardian). Terenas was later killed by his son Arthas after his campaign in Northrend.

In the opening and ending cinematic for the human campaign in the video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos the voice actor for Terenas was uncredited.

For the longest time no one knew who voiced the character. Even now I'm not 100% sure but after researching and finding some minor sources I believe that Tony Jay voiced the character before his death.

For the opening cinematic narration and the game play for the video game World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Earl Boen voices the character.
Created by Jackson_H on Mon Jan 4 2010, 9 Comments, Add Comment
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002)
King Terenas Menethil IITony Jay
Tony Jay
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (2008)
King Terenas Menethil IIEarl Boen
Earl Boen

EDITOR'S OPINION

IMO this is some of the greatest voice acting in a video game EVER! Both voice actors were AMAZING! It's a difficult choice for me to pick a clear winner for this Voice Compare. Guess it's a tie for me.

Jackson_H

Latest Comments

Lpfan120
said at 7:32 PM on Sun Jun 30 2013
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I don't think that's Tony. It doesn't really sound like him, It honestly sounds like Earl. BUT I don't have any proof that it isn't, so who knows?
Metabad
said at 9:37 PM on Tue Jul 30 2013
@Lpfan120 I don't think it's Tony either, it doesn't really sound like him. But on the other hand I don't really think it's Earl either.

The only proof I had is that in an interview with one of the game developers, they said that the voice actor for Terenas passed away a short time after finishing his work, which made it sound like he died before 2006.
Fulgore2005
said at 11:44 AM on Fri Oct 17 2014
@Metabad Bob Papenbrook was credited in the Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne games. Could it be him, perhaps?
Metabad
said at 12:13 PM on Fri Oct 17 2014
@Fulgore2005 Ahhh it could be, you might be onto something there, seems like it'd match up. Although I gotta listen to their voices back to back just to be sure.
Aussieroth
said at 4:22 AM on Fri Nov 21 2014
@Metabad Actually it is Tony Jay. You can sort of hear his distinctive growl in a few of the lower parts of his takes. A lot of people forget that he can change his voice rather well when need be, and I too am one of them at times XD
Hulkg3
said at 9:37 PM on Thu Nov 8 2012
Earl boan did a great favor for Tony.
Caley
said at 6:39 PM on Fri Dec 9 2011
And each was blessed with magnificent vocal chords with which to work. They are both exceptional.
belalugosi (Guest)
said at 8:52 PM on Fri Sep 24 2010
I'm going with Tony Jay(R.I.P) on this one. His voice sounds much more aged and i liked that.
ivalojo (Guest)
said at 1:02 PM on Mon May 10 2010
Both are true masters of their craft that reduce the rank and file to . . .rank and file. When it gets this good, it's impossible to deem one better than the other.

A favorite Voice Compare
for 2 members.
BTVA POLL
Who do you think has been the best from these King Terenas Menethil II voice actors?
Tony Jay