Browse VOICE COMPARE
GHIJKLM
NOPQRST
UVWXYZ
OTHER SONIC THE HEDGEHOG COMPARES
Sonic the Hedgehog

Voice Compare » Sonic the Hedgehog » Doctor Ivo (Eggman) Robotnik

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Doctor Ivo (Eggman) Robotnik with sound clips and images.

The primary villain of the Sonic games, also known as Dr. Robotnik. Eggman is a genius who builds robots to fight against Sonic and his comrades, but the two have been known to team up. His IQ is 300, but he can be quite immature at times.

In the 90s, Eggman was renamed "Dr. Robotnik" in English-speaking regions, and given a new, more menacing design in artwork and merchandising. Robotnik was voiced by Jim Cummings in the Sonic cartoon made by Dic. Jim also voiced him in the pilot of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, while Long John Baldry took over for the regular series. Robotnik was played by Garry Chalk in Sonic Underground, and Edwin Neal in the Sonic OVA.

When Sonic Adventure rolled around, Sega decided to use the original Japanese name "Dr. Eggman" in all territories. Eggman was voiced by Deem Bristow from all games up to Sonic Advance 3, while Mike Pollock took the role for Sonic X. Although Deem died early in 2005, this is not the reason for the Sonic X cast working on the games starting in 2005; the real reason being that Sega wanted the game voices to be consistent with the show. Mike Pollock naturally inherited the role. Although all of the other characters received new voice actors starting with 2010's Sonic Colors, Mike Pollock was not replaced as Eggman and still voices him to this day.
Created by SeriouslyFunny on Sun Feb 28 2010, 197 Comments, Add Comment
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (1993)
Dr. RobotnikLong John Baldry
Long John Baldry
Sonic the Hedgehog (1993)
Dr. RobotnikJim Cummings
Jim Cummings
Sonic Underground (1999)
Dr. RobotnikGarry Chalk
Garry Chalk
Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie (1999)
Dr. RobotnikEdwin Neal
Edwin Neal
Sonic Adventure (1999)
Dr. EggmanDeem Bristow
Deem Bristow
Sonic Unleashed (2008)
Dr. EggmanMike Pollock
Mike Pollock

Latest Comments

yugigeek
said at 2:10 AM on Fri Oct 17 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
my favorite eggman voice actor in the catoon series is long john baldry
SonicTheVA
said at 7:54 AM on Sat Sep 27 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I like Long John Baldry, Deem Bristow, and Mike Pollock the most. Jim Cummings is also good, but I think his voice is only suited for the SatAM Robotnik.
Zillah

6. Edwin Neal
Coleiosis123
said at 6:05 PM on Mon Jul 28 2014
MIKE! MY FAVORITE!
CometX-ing
said at 7:32 PM on Tue May 27 2014
Its a tie between Bristow and Pollock, but I lean to Pollock a bit more because Pollock can also pull off a sinister Eggman while I only have got to see Bristows serious side, still great non the less. RIP Mr. Bristow
chaosincarnate
said at 9:27 AM on Fri Apr 18 2014
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
Long John, Jim, and Deem are all top tier performances for their versions of Eggman they're voicing. That's what I love so much about the character, usually his voice actor really seems to immerse themselves in the character more than any other Sonic cast VA, and are the standouts of any Sonic voice cast. That said, Mike Pollock wins for precisely those reasons, and for delivering such a well rounded performance that captures all of the good doctor's qualities on every front. Mike's performance in Lost World is indicative of that.

Unfortunately, Gary Chalk and Edwin Neal are the weaker ones here. Gary had potential, but his voice speaking in Jim's tone just doesn't work very well and makes him sound boring, while Edwin is too high pitched to give the character any level of credibility and take remotely serious, even for Eggman.
chaosincarnate
said at 2:08 PM on Sun Apr 27 2014
@chaosincarnate Anyway, if Mike Pollock were ever re-casted for whatever reason, and the character went in a bit of a more serious direction again, I think Clancy Brown would be perfect.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 2:21 PM on Sat Jun 21 2014
@chaosincarnate - If we're gonna go with the discussion of "what if Mike was replaced in the future", I'd rather see John DiMaggio voice Eggman. I have NO idea why, but I think it'd be fun to see
chaosincarnate
said at 6:15 PM on Sat Jun 28 2014
@HyperVoiceActing I wouldn't mind that. What brought him to mind?
HyperVoiceActing
said at 1:06 PM on Tue Jul 1 2014
@chaosincarnate - You mean which of John's voice? Particularly Dr Drakken or Brother Blood.

Plus I think this would be a good fit for John, a character that can be both intimidating and humorous.
chaosincarnate
said at 6:47 PM on Tue Jul 1 2014
@HyperVoiceActing Dr Drakken as the mustachioed doctor? Get him on that ASAP!
HyperVoiceActing
said at 5:19 PM on Wed Jul 2 2014
@chaosincarnate - Not anytime soon of course, cause I still think Pollock's the best.

But yeah, I'd support DiMaggio as Eggman
4 Garry Chalk
5 Edwin Neal
6 Jim Cummings
Guy110
said at 11:20 AM on Sun Feb 2 2014
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
While I prefer Deem Bristow's sinister voice, I feel Mike Pollock is a better fit for the character. Robotnik isn't supposed to be entirely serious, he's a bit goofy, too. I just wish Deem Bristow could have voiced a serious villain in something a bit more dramatic than Sonic. Rest in peace, old friend.
skeletonking1234
said at 10:28 AM on Tue Jan 28 2014
1.Mike Pollock
2.Jim Cummings
3.Deem Bristow
4.Long John Baldry
5.Garry Chalk
6.Edwin Neal
FUNiman
said at 1:24 PM on Tue Jan 21 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Polluck is king, but MAN is Jim good.
MrMeeker
said at 2:26 PM on Sun Jan 12 2014
Defiantly Deem Bristow (Rest in peace sir) with Garry Chalk and Edwin Neal right behind him. Though i do admit Long John Baldry was darn good to.
TrueMyriad
said at 10:31 AM on Sat Dec 14 2013
 7 Shout Outs! [?]
Deem Bristow made the voice of Eggman, burt Mike Pollock perfected the role.
HienFan
said at 12:37 AM on Sun Dec 8 2013
The only one I dislike is Jim's

Mike Pollock is my favourite though
austinslashlavaboy
said at 6:45 PM on Wed Dec 4 2013
L.J.B.: he was a great start. Not perfect but great. To sum it up: PINGAS!!

Jim Cummings: THANKS FOR MY NIGHTMARE FUEL!

Garry Chalk: WAYY too awkward for me.

Edwin Neal: UGH! This is the worst. Way too young and abnormal

Deem Bristow: his last line in the clip can give me nightmares, but I love the line "get a load of this!"
R.I.P.

Mike Pollock: Perfect! This is the baldy nosehaired egghead I know and is the most memorable voice. I can't believe they didn't replace him

So I'm voting for Mike Pollock.

BALDY MCNOSEHAIR!!!!!!!
4. Long John Baldry
5. Edwin Neal
6. Garry Chalk
Blaze
said at 4:20 PM on Mon Nov 4 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Deem,I liked best with Mike coming close behind. Too bad he had to pass on :(.
Elisa Tennyson
said at 9:05 AM on Mon Dec 23 2013
@Blaze He's not passed on, I have him on skype :I
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 11:30 AM on Mon Dec 23 2013
@Elisa Tennyson I think he was talking about Deem.
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 10:36 PM on Thu Oct 31 2013
Can I just say one thing about Baldry's perfomance?

Snoo-PINGAS-usual, I see!

Had to do it. :)
Zekewars010
said at 7:26 AM on Wed Oct 30 2013
1. Pollock

2. Cummings

3. Bristow

4. Baldry

5. Chalk

6. Neal
chaosincarnate
said at 12:07 PM on Sat Oct 26 2013
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
After watching Lost World's cutscenes, I'm officially changing my vote to Mike Pollock. It may have taken a while, but he's now my favorite Eggman.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 6:26 AM on Mon Oct 21 2013
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
I know most people prefer Bristow for his intimidating factor, but after watching the cut scenes in Lost World, I think Mike might have that down pat as well.

Seriously, look up the first cutscene in the ice world. Never imagined Mike Eggman saying that 0_0
BlueSkySlash
said at 7:28 PM on Mon Oct 21 2013
@HyperVoiceActing You're actually right. I always felt Mike wasn't really capable of making Eggman sound intimidating in general, but Lost World showed that he CAN do it. So I am pretty impressed.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 7:26 PM on Tue Oct 22 2013
@BlueSkySlash - I wouldn't say he was never capable of making Eggman intimidating. It's moreso the writing for him beforehand never gave him the chance
Adjeras
said at 11:58 AM on Sun Oct 20 2013
Seriously? Mike Pollock FTW
chaosincarnate
said at 7:13 PM on Fri Oct 11 2013
I have a question: if Sega decided not to replace Mike Pollock as Eggman, since he fits the character perfectly and is a worthy successor to Bristow, then what exactly was the point of replacing Dan Green, David Willis, and Erica Shroder with sound-alikes?
said at 8:45 PM on Fri Oct 11 2013
@chaosincarnate It's not that they let Mike stay on, in fact, he was initially laid off with the rest of the 4Kids cast. Sega held auditions for Eggman, as they did with everyone else, and Mike re-auditioned alongside other voice actors. They didn't like any of the other voice actors enough, so they chose to hire Mike again. Although, if I personally had to think of someone in the talent pool who could replace him, I would go with JB Blanc.
Ross123
said at 11:39 AM on Sat Oct 12 2013
@chaosincarnate personally I don't agree with Sega replacing all the actors. Mike did the right thing by re-auditioning though. I believe that actors like Jason should leave when they want 2 rather than being told 2.
chaosincarnate
said at 12:37 PM on Sat Oct 12 2013
@Ross123 I don't feel what they did to the 4kids actors was quite as bad as the original cast, but I'm definitely going to miss Griffith as Sonic. Still, RGS might end up topping him when Lost World is out.
Ross123
said at 6:21 AM on Sun Oct 13 2013
@chaosincarnate I should have made my post more clear. I was talking about Sega replacing all the actors including the original cast, it's all just not right what they're doing.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 9:50 AM on Mon Oct 7 2013
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
1. Long John Baldry (Simply put, he IS Robotnik!)
2. Mike Pollock (A great combo of Baldry and Bristow's takes and manages to be his own, wonderfully manic thing)
3. Deem Bristow (Just a perfect mad scientist voice. RIP, Deem)
4. Jim Cummings (Works for SatAM and Archie Comics Robotnik, but I can't hear him as any other version.)
5. Edwin Neal (Sounds like King Kai, but is very fun to listen to. Easily the movie's best performance.)
6. Garry Chalk (Bland as heck and completely unfitting. What were they thinking here?)
Ross123
said at 1:00 PM on Wed Oct 2 2013
I always found it weird how Deem Bristow died not long after being replaced by Mike back in 2005. It was like it was perfectly timed or something, well I know i'm wrong & it just happed but it really feels that way.
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 1:52 PM on Thu Sep 12 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Been a long time since I posted my opinion between Baldry and Cummings here. I think I'll go into more detail on that.

Since the time I made my original post, I find that the margin by which I favor Baldry over Cummings has widened due to my improved understanding of acting. The reason for this is because Baldry's performance feels like the more natural out of the two mostly because he has a much wider emotional range. Yes, Baldry can do "evil bad guy", but the material he was given allowed him to be much more than that; he could be overjoyed, he could be depressed, he could be flabbergasted, he could be sarcastic and he could even be deceptively kindly. When Robotnik temporarily retires in one AoStH episode and takes up a fake neighborly air to himself, if you didn't know Robotnik up to that point, he could totally convince you that he was a straight-up nice guy because Baldry plays that aspect of him so well. I believe it's partially because Baldry made Robotnik feel so natural and like a full-fledged character rather than merely the Saturday morning cartoon villain he fundamentally was that this incarnation of Robotnik is so widely loved around the Internet.

While Cummings can do evil quite well, the material restricts him to being all evil all the time, thus severely limiting the emotional range that can be wrung out of this particular incarnation of the character. Without as much of the down-time Baldry's Robotnik had to simply be himself, Cummings's Robotnik is regulated to being a scarecrow rather than a fleshed-out character. While obtaining a voice clip for Tim Curry's performance as King Acorn, I did observe some brief moments where Robotnik pretends to be a good guy and Cummings does do well enough in that scenario, but his voice is just a tad too recognizably evil to be entirely convincing.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 3:27 PM on Thu Sep 12 2013
@CatsTuxedo I totally understand what you're coming from.

Although disregarding the cold heartless SatAM persona, I think Jim could do really well with Eggman given the direction they're taking him nowadays. He's show with previous villain roles he can be both comedic and intimidating, just like Modern Eggman
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 4:59 PM on Thu Sep 12 2013
@HyperVoiceActing True. In fact, considering Cummings provided Robotnik's voice in the AoStH pilot piece, he just might be able to pull the modern version of him off.
said at 4:59 PM on Thu Sep 12 2013
@CatsTuxedo Jim Cummings voiced Robotnik in the pilot for AoStH and was pretty funny there. I recommend checking it out if you haven't already.
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 11:55 AM on Fri Sep 13 2013
@NCZ Who do you think posted Jim's AoStH Robotnik voice clip on this site? ;)
HyperVoiceActing
said at 1:18 PM on Fri Sep 13 2013
@CatsTuxedo Maybe not exactly like the pilot piece cause that voice sounds too similar to his Pete voice
HyperVoiceActing
said at 12:01 PM on Wed Sep 11 2013
Eggman is probably the only Sonic character with a consistently good voice over

As far as the shows go, I think if I said anyone other than Long John it'd be a great injustice (even though I love Jim Cummings, in a not-gay way)

But for the games, I think Mike Pollock not only plays Eggman ... he IS Eggman. There's a reason why Sega didn't replace him for the newer games, cause he really was the best of the 4Kids actors.
Adjeras
said at 11:57 AM on Sun Oct 20 2013
@HyperVoiceActing And because SEGA couldn't find a decent replacement for him.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 1:04 PM on Sun Oct 20 2013
@Adjeras - That too
E_Granderson37
said at 3:07 PM on Sat Aug 31 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Eggman Has one of the Best Voice cast all of them are good really
chaosincarnate
said at 4:37 PM on Wed Aug 7 2013
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
I decided to vote for Deem Bristow. He didn't just voice the guy, he WAS Eggman. May god rest his soul.
TrueMyriad
said at 10:31 AM on Mon Aug 5 2013
Mike Pollock will always be number 1
Ross123
said at 7:13 PM on Mon Jul 15 2013
They're all good but Mike is the greatest, how long do you think he'll be voicing Eggman for.

Deem 2nd, Jim 3rd, Garry 4th, Long John 5th & Edwin 6th.
Shiny Raticate
said at 3:03 AM on Fri Jul 12 2013
Long John Baldry fit the more vain and absolutely failure-iffic Robotnik of the Sonic franchise perfectly... not to mention I laughed so hard at the "Pingas" clip; glad somebody put that in.
Jim Cummings put in an almost psychotic spin on Robotnik; that's impressive.
God rest Deem Bristow; he was a great Eggman.
Mike Pollock does a great job as Eggman, and I'm glad they kept him; it's like having your whole house remodeled, but keeping that one familiar and comfortable chair that you've always liked. Mike definitely adds the more bumbling aspect to Eggman's personality, but he also did fantastic in Sonic 06, making Eggman an ambitious and vain (not vain in a comic sense like Baldry, but more in the villainous sense) genius that was actually capable of more than just world domination.
Aimanfire
said at 5:56 PM on Tue Jul 9 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Mike Pollock is really good, because it's not too crazy of a transition from deem Bristow, while still sounding villainous.
this is where sega went wrong from characters like sonic, amy, and shadow. the voice change was a bad transition, and it doesn't feel right.
Lord Vaan
said at 9:06 PM on Fri Jun 28 2013
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I personally have to go with Deem Bristow though Mike Pollock also makes for a good Eggman!
Mephilesthelight358
said at 4:08 PM on Wed Jun 26 2013
Related sources have shown that Deem Bristow and Mike Pollock played Eggman for the first 2 Sonic Rider games. I mean how is that possible if Deem died in 2005? Big thanks to whoever can help me sort out the situation.
chaosincarnate
said at 4:46 PM on Wed Jun 26 2013
@Mephilesthelight358 They recycled clips of Deem in gameplay. No idea why, maybe it was to honor him or something, or perhaps Mike Pollock was briefly unavailable. Mike Pollock voices him in the cutscenes, and provides gameplay lines as well. I think the only line D
chaosincarnate
said at 4:47 PM on Wed Jun 26 2013
@Mephilesthelight358 Oops, I double posted. Anyway, I think the only line Deem got was "You think you can beat me?!" from SA2.
MilanTheVillain01
said at 1:07 AM on Sun Jun 30 2013
@chaosincarnate Bristow also had the victory quote "Hahaha, how's that?" from SA2, as well.
kikosho2002
said at 5:12 PM on Sun Jun 30 2013
@Mephilesthelight358 All of Deem's recycled clips were from Sonic Adventure 2. There's a line for when you choose him, when you land a nice or a C ranked trick and when he wins or loses. The only gameplay clip that Mike Pollock had was I believe when you pass or attack an opponent.
Mephilesthelight358
said at 12:35 PM on Mon Jul 1 2013
@kikosho2002 ok thanks for the clearup.
chaosincarnate
said at 8:13 PM on Wed Jun 19 2013
I really can't choose between Deem Bristow and Mike Pollock. Deem does a great job because he fits the threatening, more intelligent Eggman, and Mike does a great job because he fits the comical, goofy Eggman perfectly. Jim Cummings is great too, but that's not really how I picture Robotnik sounding. He's a tad bit too dark, but he does fit that version of Eggman well. Everyone else is "meh" to me.
Mephilesthelight358
said at 9:48 PM on Sun Jun 16 2013
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
It's awesome how none of Eggman's voices sucked. They all did really well.
Mephilesthelight358
said at 10:58 PM on Mon Jun 3 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
It's funny how whenever someone mentions Long John Baldy and Eggman, the first thing that comes to my mind is, "SnooPING AS usual I see."
HyperVoiceActing
said at 5:54 PM on Tue Oct 1 2013
@Mephilesthelight358 - That's the internet for ya, comrade
SpongeBat1
said at 7:27 PM on Thu May 30 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
It's very difficult to choose between so many talented men.
BlankSlate
said at 1:47 PM on Tue May 14 2013
I can't decide between Baldry's fantastically non-sequitur dialogue and his character's hilarious self-love, or Cummings, who sounds like he's orgasming on every word!
MilanTheVillain01
said at 3:55 AM on Wed May 15 2013
@BlankSlate Makes sense considering Jim's last name....
*snickers*
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 1:47 PM on Fri May 24 2013
@MilanTheVillain01 I am ashamed to say that I too often can't help but think this way when I read his name... I am so immature. *lowers head in shame*
MilanTheVillain01
said at 3:29 AM on Sat May 25 2013
@PsychicVoiceSpy I know, right?
Innuendo at its' finest, ladies & gentlemen!
Mephilesthelight358
said at 9:06 PM on Sun Apr 14 2013
I liked Long John Baldey and Deem Bristow's voices best, because without LJB, we would never have the meme we know today as PINGAS. Deem Bristow got the role right and got the evil tone of Eggman, like he's supposed to be.
Ratchetjak
said at 2:59 AM on Thu Apr 4 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I have to agree, Dr. Robotnik/Eggman has never had a bad voice actor, each of them were great and brought about a certain flavor of the character. But for me, my first choice is Deem Bristow. He sounded a bit comedic but dark at the same time. Plus, it's nostalgia. I played Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2 a lot. It's one of my all time favorite Sonic games. Anyways, here how I'll list my choice.

1. Deem Bristow
2. Jim Cummings (Definitely one of the best VAS of all time. He made Robotnik sound genuinely evil.)
3. Mike Pollock (He does a great comedic version for Robotnik.)
4. Edwin Neal
5. Long John Baldry
6. Gary Chalk
PurpleWarrior13
said at 12:19 PM on Sun Aug 11 2013
@Ratchetjak I agree with pretty much every word here, including the rankings.
MilanTheVillain01
said at 6:06 PM on Fri Mar 29 2013
 9 Shout Outs! [?]
You know what I just realized? Robotnik/Eggman has never had a bad voice actor, not once!
TFfanatic88
said at 4:30 AM on Tue Mar 12 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Deem Bristow, Mike Pollock and Long John Baldry are the best voices for Robotnik/Eggman IMO.
VctrBnsn
said at 12:33 PM on Wed Mar 6 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Long John Baldry - My first Eggman. His voice is hilarious, and I can listen to that "snooping" line all day.
Jim Cummings - A much more sinister and serious version, genuinely threatening.
Garry Chalk - Nothing special.
Edwin Neal - OK
Deem Bristow - Almost sounds like Jim Cummings. Genuinely threatening and cool.
Mike Pollock - Entertaining, but can still sorta be taken seriously.

Mike, Deem, and Jim are the best, but LJB was so darn entertaining. On a side note, I think Charlie Adler could play Eggman.
MilanTheVillain01
said at 4:33 AM on Fri Mar 8 2013
@VctrBnsn Charlie Adler as Eggman, eh? Not a bad suggestion at all, actually!
VctrBnsn
said at 10:24 AM on Fri Mar 8 2013
@MilanTheVillain01 It would probably never happen though, unless they do another animated series, which they should.
Mephilesthelight358
said at 11:00 PM on Mon Jun 3 2013
@VctrBnsn NO NOT ANOTHER SUCKY SHOW LIKE SONIC X!!!!!!!!!!
coolgeek176
said at 11:59 PM on Sat Feb 23 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I'm going with Mike. Deem Bristow is pretty good too.
Mephilesthelight358
said at 6:55 PM on Sun Feb 17 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I'm going to pay homage to Deem and say he is and always will be the best video game voice actor.
MilanTheVillain01
said at 1:48 AM on Tue Jan 15 2013
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
Deem Bristow has the best voice, but Mike Pollock is the best actor.
TheAtticus
said at 6:43 AM on Sat Jan 12 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
While I do prefer Deem Bristow, I gotta hand it to Mike Pollock. When they started to recast all of the Sonic characters, he was the only one that kept his job. That goes to show how well he fits with the character.
LJ7117
said at 3:06 PM on Sun Jan 6 2013
1. Deem Bristow-Managed to combine an over-the-top nature with quite a bit of menace. Worked very well
2. Jim Cummings-.....I'm scared
3. Mike Pollock-Over-the-top, funny, and always puts a smile on my face
4. Long John Baldry-Very funny. Spawned a lot of memes. Enjoyed his take on it
5. Edwin Neal-Not that great, but not too bad either. Worked for the OVA
6. Garry Chalk-Nothing about him screams menacing or over-the-top, which is what Robotnik is to me
TheTrueYuma
said at 1:45 AM on Sat Jan 5 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
1. Long John Baldry - I don't get why Sega never used him in the games. Out of all the VAs from the DiC cartoons, he would have been the only one to have as much range as Deem.
2. Deem Bristow - Megalomaniacal, comical, he fit it all.
3. Jim Cummings - Great at sounding evil
4. Garry Chalk - It's amusing to hear Optimus's voice coming out of Eggman.
5. Mike Pollock - He does the comical parts well, but that's about it. He makes Eggman sound like a man in his 50s when he's at least a man in his 60s.
6. Edwin Neal - Easily the worst.
skeletonking1234
said at 11:08 PM on Wed Jan 2 2013
I think it's obvious to everyone who I want. Pollock has made the voice so memorable that he's the only actor not replaced after all the voice actors were in the 4kids VG cast
Mephilesthelight358
said at 9:43 PM on Fri Dec 21 2012
Mike Pollocks best moment was in Sonic Next Generation.
Mephilesthelight358
said at 5:33 PM on Mon Nov 26 2012
Deem and Mike were the best. I never saw any of the TV shows except Sonic X with that stupid, retarded character Chris Thorndyke
Edork42
said at 8:22 PM on Sat Nov 10 2012
It's kind of funny and a little sad how Eggman is the only consistently well voiced and acted character in the whole franchise! He was even the best actor in the OVA!
#1-But anyway, my favorite is Jim because he pulled off "evil, insane scientist" so well and his voice is so creepy, like he's orgasming on every line he speaks.

#2- Deem is probably the most versatile of the actors, able to go from goofy to scary in the blink of an eye. After all these years that "mence meat" line still sends a chill down my back.

#3- Mike and Long John are equally hilarious as Eggman, but neither could play dark or menacing well.

#4- Edwin, as I said before, was the best (and by best I mean only legitimately good) actor in the OVA. He made Robotnik sound really campy and surprisingly a little German. I approve!

#5- Garry was a nice replacement for Jim but just lacked the spark and originality he had.
Animefan98
said at 7:36 PM on Mon Sep 24 2012
Long John Baldry - somewhat goofy and awkward, but that's what made AOSth funny. And without him, we wouldn't have the "PINGAS!" meme!
Jim Cummings - definitely the most serious Robotnik, but rather generic
Garry Chalk - OK, but not too memorable
Edwin Neal - Perfectly fitting for a crudely drawn Robotnik
Deem Bristow - I like that this Robotnik voice sounds natural, and not phony like Jim's (RIP Deem)
Mike Pollock - He definitely based his performance on the best two of his predecessors - Long John Baldry and Deem Bristow.
MrParadox
said at 7:33 PM on Sun Sep 16 2012
There is no doubt about it, Mike Pollock is not the voice of Eggman, Mike Pollock IS Eggman. He has the goofiness of Long John Baldry, the sinister feeling of Jim Cummings, the balance of going between silliness and being terrifying of Deem Bristow and he clearly enjoys the role of Eggman. I'm glad that he still does Eggman as if one actor from the NYC area could keep his role, I would have chose him hands down.
Harvester of Sorrow
said at 9:27 AM on Fri Aug 31 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
This is a hard one because they all sound so good. I like I'll go with Long John Baldry because that was my favorite version of Robotnik.
Metabad
said at 9:17 AM on Wed Aug 22 2012
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I'm reposting since my views have changed slightly since the last time I posted here.

Long John Baldry is still my favourite voice for Robotnik for the exact same reasons I listed last time, he was absolutely classic.

On the other end of the spectrum, Jim Cummings was a FANTASTIC menacing Robotnik who's voice just oozed evil and it was absolutely perfect for this version of the character. He has this commanding echoing voice that just makes me want to listen to it over and over again. A great performance from a great voice actor for sure.

Garry Chalk on the other hand...the voice itself is alright and would probably fit another villain, maybe even another version of Robotnik...but it just feels wrong hearing that voice coming out of the SATAM design, not to mention the fact that Sonic Underground didn't seem to know whether it wanted to make him a threat, or incompetent, you can't have it both ways. This Robotnik was just unmemorable and the only cool thing to come out of it is him having two metal arms, as well as the fact that his VA used to voice Grounder...I guess he got a PRRRRROMOTION! Still, while a good actor in his own right, Garry Chalk was either miscast or misdirected here and was definitely the weakest of the original three cartoon VAs.

I just finished watching the Sonic OVA and while I originally said Edwin Neal was the worst Robotnik voice without elaborating any further, I take that back now. Edwin Neal really was the best voice to come out of that movie, he sounded weasely, sneaky and pretty funny overall. While I wouldn't say he was as good as Long John Baldry or Jim Cummings, I will say that he definitely fit the part of a short stocky Robotnik very well and had a standout performance from that dub.

Deem Bristow I remember really liking in SA2, he did his more serious moments perfectly and could balance it out with his comedic moments as well...only the greatest actors can do that. While his voice isn't quite as threatening as Jim Cummings that still doesn't diminish his performance at all, as he perfectly fits Eggman in the video games and was very memorable, its just tragic that he and Long John Baldry died the same year. R.I.P to both of them, they will be missed.

I admit, I used to be rather dismissive of Mike Pollock's Eggman and not care much for it, however I recently replayed Shadow the Hedgehog and while I hate that game, he had excellent comedic delivery there and definitely had the best acting in the game alongside Sean Schemmel's Black Doom. At times he would even sound a bit like Deem Bristow, so that was pretty cool. However, I watched my bro play Sonic Generations recently and I gotta say, Mike Pollock has improved a LOT. I LOVED his performance there and he had such hilarious lines there, "No one calls me that anymore!" His comedic delivery was absolutely brilliant and I let him know that through e-mail. He seems like a really nice guy and I'm really glad he kept his role as Eggman.

So overall, I'm still keeping my vote for Long John Baldry, but I felt that with how much I changed my mind on the other actors since I last posted, I felt that I needed to repost to update my opinion. I think they all fit their own versions of Robotnik in different ways...aside from Garry Chalk, though I blame the show's direction more than I blame him as he's otherwise a great actor.
pete
said at 5:04 PM on Tue Nov 27 2012
@Metabad Now that I listen more closely GArry sounds sounds like a villainous Optimus Primal/Prime.
munsonx4
said at 12:49 PM on Tue Aug 21 2012
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I can't choose. They all portrayed him quite well in my opinion!
Anthonyiscool64
said at 2:54 PM on Sat Jul 28 2012
My vote will alway's go to Jim Cummings.
MilanTheVillain01
said at 4:05 AM on Tue Jul 24 2012
# 1 - Deem Bristow.
# 2 - Mike Pollock.
# 3 - Long John Baldry.
# 4 - Jim Cummings.
# 5 - Garry Chalk.
# 6 - Edwin Neal.
AJW98productions
said at 10:30 AM on Mon Jul 16 2012
Mike Pollock is my favourite and I'll cover the others later :P
Mrguy22594
said at 6:04 AM on Sun Jul 15 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
By far Mike Pollock is the best Dr.Eggman and one of the only members of the 4kids cast that I don't hate.
Animefan98
said at 11:27 PM on Thu Jul 12 2012
# 1 - Long John Baldry
# 2 - Deem Bristow
# 3 - Mike Pollock
# 4 - Edwin Neal
# 5 - Garry Chalk
# 6 - Jim Cummings
Blahman179
said at 1:21 AM on Tue Jul 10 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Jim Cummings is awesome, and Long John's has always been hilarious, but my vote goes to Deem Bristow, especially his segments in Sonic Shuffle:

watch?v=C95JXuiKP3U

Skip to 8:20
cardboardwalk
said at 4:40 PM on Sun Jul 8 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Deem Bristow, though I ADORE Baldry's version along with Cummings. Deem made eggman seem like an actual threat with a light touch of personal humor. Mike Pollock made him sound more like a humorous guy who thinks hes threatening when he really isn't. Pollocks interpretation seemed pretentious as far as the threat factor went. All in all each actor did an at least alright voice for the character but Deem gets my vote. RIP
Zylphia
said at 9:18 PM on Sat Jun 30 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Baldry and Cummings are neck and neck in my opinion; both sound extremely good, but I agree with Cutekitten on Jim Cummings giving Eggman/Robotnic a villain's voice (lol Cummings has always had a villain's voice!)
Cutekitten
said at 3:08 AM on Thu Jun 28 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I love Jim Cummings! I can't call him Eggman... i actually hate the name... Robotnik is SUPPOSED to be EVIL. Jim Cummings sounds exactly that.
Deem and Mike are not bad. I just don't think they're great.
as for the other three yeah... I don't like em, nuff said.
Crocodilepineapple
said at 12:07 PM on Sun May 20 2012
IMPOSSIBURU

I'll pick Chikao Otsuka. Yeah, I know. I know. But I'll pick him anyway.
Him and Neal :3
teamof1
said at 4:37 PM on Sun May 6 2012
Mike Pollock all the way. Jim Cummings is very good, but he doesn't suit a game character.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 11:51 AM on Mon Apr 16 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
They're all great, except Gary Chalk, who's just boring in the role.

Long John Baldry is exactly how I imagine Robotnik to sound like in the original games but Deem Bristow and Mike Pollock are (almost) equally awesome voices. Jim Cummings was great as that series' Robotnik and is how I imagine Robotnik to sound like in the old Archie Comics. And while Edwin Neal's cheesy, he's at least entertaining.
IAMTHEVASTUNIVERSE
said at 11:37 AM on Sat Apr 7 2012
Deem Bristow is the most daring Robotnik while Jim Cummings is the most resilient Robotnik.Deem Bristow sounds the most appealing and promising out of all the voice actors.
Toady_12
said at 7:42 PM on Thu Mar 29 2012
1. Mike Pollock
2. Jim Cummings
3. Deem Bristow
4. Long John Baldry
5. Edwin Neal
6. Garry Chalk

But they're all good
nationalguard5
said at 12:42 AM on Sun Mar 25 2012
In order:
1. Mike Pollock--- this man sounds perfect for the role of the man we all love to hate.
2. Deem Bristow--- while he is a good actor, he makes Eggman sound almost TOO evil.
3. Long John Baldry---"SnooPING AS usual I see?!" "I'll have to give myself a prrrrromotion."
4. Gary Chalk---idk if Chalk is a news anchor, but Eggman sure sounds like one.
5. Jim Cummings---very eerie
6. Edwin Neal---who is this guy?!!
maggiexawesomeness
said at 4:27 PM on Tue Mar 20 2012
Long John Baldrey is Classic
PusoPimp
said at 10:29 AM on Fri Feb 3 2012
I find it impossible to decide here. All of them did great in there respective roles. Thing is, the good Dr.'s personality has taken many different forms over the years. LJB did well portraying the goofy incompatent fool that was always foiled in the end in AoStH, Jim Cummings was simply bone chilling in his role where he's portrsyed as a serious and blood thirsty tyrant in SatAM, and I could just go on and on.
SpiderDreamer
said at 9:05 AM on Sat Dec 31 2011
For me, no one can beat Jim. He brings so much threat and menace to nearly every single line, and you can tell he's having a blast being so evil.

As far as anyone else... well, Pollock's gotten a lot better in the role, and Edwin Neal's performance works for the goofier "movie" Robotnik. The worst is probably Garry Chalk; while I like him as an actor, he's given nothing to work with, and his voice coming out of the great SATAM design just feels *wrong*.
Bombermanp
said at 8:10 PM on Mon Dec 19 2011
mike and jim for the win...
you know now that i hear them all i think i can see Clancy Brown play him. it would be interesting to hear him pull both comedic or sinister eggman
Telme22
said at 9:17 PM on Wed Dec 14 2011
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
All these guys were amazing for their own reasons.
Madness Abe
said at 5:00 PM on Mon Nov 28 2011
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Amazingly enough, all did well enough for their performances. Long John Baldry made him so hilariously hammy, Jim's was sinister and scary, Garry's was pretty decent and intelligent, Edwin's was also intelligent, Deem's was the revolutionary voice, and Mike's was the loud, obnoxious Eggman we all thought of him as.

All of you guys are awesome!
SonicRyan1992
said at 5:33 AM on Tue Dec 13 2011
@Madness Abe that pretty much sums it up for me.
Mephilez
said at 6:57 PM on Thu Nov 24 2011
Mike Pollock

he is simular to how Deem Bristow did him but added more to him, to make him more evil "scientistic" doctor
RabidSonicFan
said at 8:24 PM on Wed Nov 16 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Kay, even though I like just about all of these guys, I'm going to make a more definitive list... 'cause that's what I do.

Long John Baldrey - "SnooPINGAS usual, I see?" He is awesomely hammy to the point of near-godliness. I couldn't imagine anyone else voicing him in this show.

Jim Cummings - A great menacing Robotnik. It's not too different from Jim's other voices, but it is somewhat rare that he goes THIS deep.

Garry Chalk - It's okay... I mean, it's not bad or anything, but he makes it sound too similar to his Optimus Prime voice.

Edwin Neal - He's probably the best actor in the movie and captures the character very well; a good balance of comic relief and genuine menace.

Deem Bristow - I like Deem the best out of the first line of VG actors. Most of the time, he plays Eggman as a menacing character but when he needs to be lighthearted, he does a great job at that too.

Mike Pollock - Probably my favorite Eggman. As far as the description of him goes, it's the same as Deem Bristow, except switch around the words "menacing" and "lighthearted".
ConfusedPhantom
said at 3:49 PM on Wed Nov 9 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
It's a three-way tie with Jim Cummings, Mike Pollock and Long John Baldry. They all do a brilliant job with the character. I'm grateful Pollock stuck around and Jim Cummings was awesome at SATAM. I'd love to have Cummings try his hand on game Robotnik. But, yeah...I can't decide.
Pgirts (AYVO S1 Winner / Master Of Memes)
said at 5:59 PM on Sat Nov 12 2011
@ConfusedPhantom Couldn't agree with you more. For what it's worth, I give a slight edge to Cummings solely on the basis that he played my favorite iteration of the character. That said, Cummings, Pollock, and Baldry are all perfect for each of the versions they play.

And I too would LOVE to hear Cummings voice Robotnik in one of the games. Maybe one that is closer to SatAM?
Torak
said at 12:17 PM on Sat Jul 7 2012
@Pgirts Me too. :D
ninjinister
said at 1:10 AM on Mon Oct 31 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
For me, it's a three-way tie between Baldry, Cummings, and Pollock. All three are magnificent for this role. When I this happens, I have to choose whose voice I think of when I think of the character, like if I close my eyes and picture them, or if it were to be an action figure or I were reading their words in a comic/novel. In this case, it's Baldry.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:20 PM on Fri Oct 7 2011
Why are Robotnk and Eggman considered the same person again? I've never seen anything that says they are.
said at 11:22 PM on Fri Oct 7 2011
@Music Meister Basically, when the franchise was adapted for international release, Eggman's name was changed to Robotnik. He was also made to look more sinister. Starting in Adventure, he got a new design and it was retconned so that his real name is "Robotnik", while Eggman is a nickname that stuck.
Ninjaman15
said at 4:01 AM on Tue Nov 15 2011
@NCZ Let's also not forget that starting with Sonic Adventure 2, the doctor starting calling himself "Eggman" completely and this was retained for all other future Sonic installments in the franchise. And let me clarify that I actually liked the original localization. Dr. Robotnik... something I took seriously out of this character. "Eggman" only fits because it refers to the appearance itself, making Dr. Robotnik appear as it he were an animate egg and not something inanimate.
pete
said at 5:07 PM on Tue Nov 27 2012
@Music Meister If you read an article on him anywhere you'll see his birth name id Dr. Ivo Robotnik.
StarShooter
said at 2:33 PM on Thu Oct 6 2011
For some reason, i cannot listen to Cumming's Eggman voice without getting goosebumps.
StarShooter
said at 2:31 PM on Sat Sep 17 2011
1. Mike Pollock, his voice is how Eggman should sound like, maniacal and loud.

2. Long John Baldry, what would the pingas Internet meme be without him?

3. Deem Bristow, not as good as Pollock, but is still avery good at voicing Eggman. it's really sad he died.

4. Garry Chalk, don't know why.

5. Jim Cunnings, he really sounds evil, and that's good.

6. Edwin Neal, the worst.
Downloadsbacon
said at 1:48 AM on Sun Jul 31 2011
JIM CUMMINGS NO CONTEST. That voice give me goosebumps
Musicguy
said at 2:00 PM on Fri Jul 1 2011
1. Deem Bristow- He's my favorite Robotnik/Eggman because he has shown that he can be an evil dark and MAD scientist and a comical funny goofball that I can take him seriously or something I can laugh at in a good way RIP man you were the best.

2. Jim Cummings- He's number 1 in my books for being an evil sinister dictator that you don't want to mess with at all.

3. Mike Pollock/Long John Baldry- I can never find a place of which one is better because they made Robotnik /Eggman a complete goofball and very silly that I can never take them both seriously when they try to be evil because they are going to mess up their own plans in the end. I'm glad Mike is still here and I'm looking forward to his next work.
SmartyBoyboy
said at 7:52 PM on Mon Jun 27 2011
1 & 2. Mike Pollock
1 & 2. Jim Cummings - This one is a really creepy voice for a corruptive, anti-fun tyrant/dictator
3. Long John Baldry - Quite a ham! (PINGAS)
4. Garry Chalk - "Hedgehog!? It's a BLASTED HEDGEHOOOOG!!!!?"
5. Ed Neal
6. Deem Bristow
Metabad
said at 1:04 AM on Sat Jun 11 2011
Long John Baldry is my favourite Robotnik voice, I love how hammy and angry he always is, but at times he could sound menacing.

Deem Bristow is my favourite serious performance of the doctor, but admittedly Jim Cummings is a REALLY close second.

Mike Pollock is...okay. There's nothing horrible about it but nothing that really makes it stand out to me. Garry Chalk is pretty much in the same boat as Pollock, though I do like his voice and his performance is...a little bit better for me.

Edwin Neal is the worst.
Beau
said at 1:12 PM on Wed May 25 2011
Some good people have played Eggman but mine boils (not scrambles) down to 2 candidates: Jim Cummings and Mike Pollock. Jim was really evil for the role and it definitely fitted the Sonic show he was in, it would be interesting to hear him in a game. I think Mike Pollock is amazing and his Eggman is really good, I'm glad he's been able to stay on in the role. Since I think he has pulled off both TV and games excellently, I vote for Mike but Jim is a very close second!
TheBlackHawk
said at 12:33 PM on Sun May 15 2011
1. Deem Bristow - I grew up hearing this one. I think he gave Eggman the most "evil genius" tone.
2. Jim Cummings - I grew up hearing this in the amazing cartoon. I still get chills of nostalgia when I hear "Come here, Snively. Come here."
3. Edwin Neal - I wouldn't mind hearing his voice for Eggman in the games today, like in Sonic Free Riders and Sonic Colors. He kind of gives the same sound as Deem Bristow; I really like it.
4 and 5. Mike Pollock - I didn't like his Eggman voice at first, but, over time, I've come to really enjoy hearing it.
4 and 5. Long John Baldry - "I'll have to give myself a Prrrrromotion!"
6. Gary Chalk - It wasn't bad, but I don't think his voice was very fitting for Robotnik.
Mephilesthelight358
said at 6:59 PM on Sun Feb 17 2013
@TheBlackHawk Couldn't agree more.
Nick102
said at 6:53 PM on Wed May 11 2011
Dr. Eggman/Robotnik is a very tricky character to rate because his voices are literally split into different continuities, and each one has it's own interpretation of the character with a voice that's fitting for that particular version. Nowadays I tend to think of Eggman as being a Joker-ish mad doctor type of villain who is sort of humorous but still taken seriously. That being said, I think Mike Pollock and Deem Bristow gave that sort of portrayal best, giving Eggman a more complex personality.

Jim Cummings is a wonderful voice actor and he gave Robotnik a very sinister voice in SatAM, but it's perhaps TOO sinister for Eggman in my mind, at least from the way the character was originally created. In the same way, Long John Baldry in AoStH is almost impossible to take seriously (especially thanks to YouTube), so they just come off as polar opposites to me because of being two different Robotniks from two Sonic cartoons with a different tone, but this is why I said that they worked for those interpretations of Sonic only.

So ultimately if you're looking for the very best portrayal of Eggman, I would say it would be the voices from the games, in my opinion.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 12:01 AM on Sun May 8 2011
I can't take Edwin Neal seriously ever since YTPMV - Planet Freedom
Sonic_Blaze
said at 12:55 AM on Sun Jun 26 2011
@Music Meister I saw that one too and I can't take his seriously either
myopinion1
said at 7:41 AM on Thu May 5 2011
Cummings, Baldry and Pollock were great.
Chalk and Neal were OK.
I disliked Bristow's version.
Mephilesthelight358
said at 7:00 PM on Sun Feb 17 2013
@myopinion1 What is wrong with you? What do you have against Deem?
myopinion1
said at 9:41 PM on Fri Aug 22 2014
@Mephilesthelight358 Wow. Judgemental much. I didn't grow up with it, didnt find as good. No Hate toward the guy. Jeez.
Vulpes
said at 5:42 PM on Mon May 2 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
There is no "true" voice of a character that has multiple forms.

There's no true Eggman voice because there is nothing to indicate it is more "true" than another.

My favorite is Deem Bristow because he was able to sound like a "typical" Robotnik while sounding cool.

Mike Pollock and Long John Baldry were good and comedic.

The OVA voice was similar to the Japanese one.

Underground's was pretty typical and good.

Jim Cummings sounded dark.

They all fit the type they were voicing for. But Deem Bristow was able to sound "cool" to me like a real villain without having to be "creepy" or super cruel. Listen to his evil laugh at the end of the Dark Story in SA2. :3

I like Mike Pollocks too when he's serious just not as much because he doesn't sound as "cool", and most of the time he fits the portrayal of a silly Eggman who wants to rule the world with an amusement park as opposed to the Empire! =P
BlueSkySlash
said at 4:44 PM on Sun Apr 3 2011
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Robotnik/Eggman has never had a bad voice. All of these voice actors were good for the character. Each one was just better in certain ways than the other ones were. But we all have a preference towards one over another, so with that said, here's my take.

1. Deem Bristow

He was my favorite voice overall. He gave Eggman a dark, and sometimes creepy, voice during serious scenes. But he has shown his over the top and comical side on some other occasions too. So I think he nails the Eggman character excellently on several regards. Of the original San Diego voice cast from 1999 until 2004, he was one of the best on the team. His acting was good in most cases. If there was a fault in how he sounded, it may have been the voice direction that caused it. Overall I feel he made Eggman the way I pictured him to sound. It's a sad shame that he passed away shortly after being replaced. RIP

2. Mike Pollock

Mike Pollock is pretty much one of the best VA's we can have to replace the late great Deem. While he's not my ideal choice to do Eggman's voice, he has shown that he knows how to voice the Eggman character in most cases. The only reason why I don't find him to be my favorite voice is for two reasons. 1.) He mostly shows Eggman's comical side, and when he does act serious, it's not all that convincing. In Sonic 06, for instance, Mike made Eggman sound more like a refined gentleman than an evil, dark villian like he should've been in that game. 2.) His high-pitched laugh (as shown in the voice demo for Sonic Unleashed) grates my ears to no end. It makes Eggman sound like he cross-dressed for a few seconds. It sounds more annoying then comical. No offense Mike, but that laugh just doesn't work. I know it may be the voice director's fault, but my point still stands.

I seem to be one of the few that thinks it's silly that he wasn't replaced in the recent voice cast change. Not saying he's bad by any means, but I would've appreciated some continuity and a new voice actor. I would've welcomed someone else giving their take of the Eggman character. But I'm in a very small minority when thinking that, so I know Mike is staying for good now.

But putting that aside, Mike does a good job doing Eggman's voice. Good luck with continuing the job.

3. Jim Cummings

His Robotnik voice, while not very distinctive from his other dark/evil/raspy voices, is suitable for the character. He always made Robotnik sound threatening every time he spoke. Jim clearly made him sound like a villain you do not want to poke fun at. Therefore, I give Jim some credit for doing that. Great job, even if it's been over 15 years since he did the voice.

4. Long John Baldry

Ah yes. The man that gave us the distinctive, over the top, comical side of Robotnik that's now heavily used in Youtube Poops. He certainly deserves praise for working hard on the role, but the only issue is that he rarely emotes the voice into something other than comical stuff. However, I have heard his voice when he sounds like a real villain (watch the AOSTH episode "Over the Hill Hero" for proof) and it sounded delicious to me. So I think Long John Baldry had potential to be the overall best voice of Robotnik/Eggman, but it was not fully reached. But regardless, he sounded good during his time.

5. Edwin Neal

I kinda like this voice. This might be the ONLY voice in the Sonic OVA that was actually pretty decent (at least it was better than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles' voices from there). He sounds almost exactly like the Japanese Eggman would sound in English. This means Eggman sounds really over the top, comical, and is more of a buffoon than anything else. That's where my praise for Edwin ends however. We didn't get the chance to hear him do much else, and he was only in the Sonic OVA. In any case, he was just fine.

6. Garry Chalk

This voice isn't bad, but it's not all that distinctive compared to the other voices. But then again, its probably unfair to compare him with all the other voices since many of us haven't heard this voice that much. But I still think he would not be able to top the other voices in many respects. Garry basically makes the character more average sounding and nothing more.

As I said before, all of the voices aren't bad. They all had something good to bring to the table (with the possible exception of Garry Chalk). It's nice to know that Eggman/Robotnik had such a luxury of having a variety of good voices.
Sonic_Blaze
said at 6:06 PM on Wed Feb 9 2011
Baldry and his 5 p- terms
snoo-PINGAS- usual I see
ha-Piness is always so much more enjoyable
fablulously piendish plot
what a Peeless- ant surprise
I want that PEINOUS hedgehog hammered.
Deem Bristow was like the gaming dark bad ass eggman voice. RIP Deem. At least your successor Mike did a stellar job though
AMT
said at 5:17 PM on Mon Feb 7 2011
Mike Pollock is the overall best! But Jim Cummings did very well for his take on eggman!
nationalguard5 (Guest)
said at 4:22 PM on Sun Feb 6 2011
can ANYONE impersonate EACH actor who played Eggman? I know I can!
niawhite (Guest)
said at 8:32 AM on Sun Feb 6 2011
I am so glad they didn't replace Mike Pollock he plays the the best Dr. Eggman
Sarge Ray
said at 2:18 PM on Thu Feb 3 2011
This one's REALLY hard because the top three actors here were EXCELLENT.

Cummings: Wow. He made Robotnik sound so...menacing. And a metallic echo makes him sound even more so. He wins, man. He wins.

Bristow: God rest his soul, he did an honest job. But there was just something about his voice that I just COULDN'T buy.

Pollock: Some of Mike's performances were better than others, but he does an honestly-good job. Should have heard him in Sonic 2006, where he could REALLY sound evil.
perfect7en (Guest)
said at 8:35 PM on Sat Jan 29 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I love Long John Bauldry's voice because it was perfect for the cartoon and the infamous PINGAS line RIP. Jim Cummings made Eggman sound menacing! WIN!
Deem Bristow made Eggy sound menacing as well and was good for the games RIP. Mike Pollock was effy at first but I love his portrayal now. I'm glad he wasn't replaced.
uho2admin (Guest)
said at 1:29 PM on Sat Jan 29 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Deem Bristow and Long John Baldry for me.
note (Guest)
said at 4:51 PM on Wed Jan 26 2011
Deem Bristow cool to :)
note (Guest)
said at 4:49 PM on Wed Jan 26 2011
Long John Baldry رائع COOL
nationalguard5 (Guest)
said at 11:58 PM on Sat Jan 22 2011
i now understand in the ytp world where "pingas" comes from. Dr. Robotnic, voiced by Long John Baldry, said in clip, "...snooping as usual...". My favorite Dr. Eggman character voice is Mr. Mike Pollock. He does so many characters, but his golden achievement was the voice of Dr. Eggman! Rock on, Mr. Pollock!
yo (Guest)
said at 2:58 AM on Wed Jan 19 2011
Maaaaan. I can't choose. They're all different yet so similar and despite HOW different they are they're all amazing! Robotnik's voice is the only one to never fail EVER! lol. I'd say the least is Gary's but that's passable. Ed's is pretty good for that movie and even deepens to sound like the others kinda in the second half.

Long John and Mike Pollock sound similar, but Pollock's earlier and more serious Eggman voice sounds similar to Bristow's Sonic Heroes Eggman voice. But Bristow's Eggman voice is also epic in it's own right for being lively enough to not be too "dark" but also serious enough to be evil and not just a joke villain. He also sounds similar to Jim Cumming's Scratch voice for the pilot of AoSth. Besides that, Jim is also the voice of Robotnik himself in SatAM where he sounds cool and evil.

I think Pollock is a good choice when going for a mix betwen Long John and Bristow and Cummings would be a good replacement for Eggman if we wanted him to sound more like Bristow. (It's amazing how Jim technically has 2 Robotnik voices. 8D lol)
jared (Guest)
said at 8:24 AM on Sat Jan 15 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
To be a little fair here, I'm suprised that this voice compare isn't as rigged as the other ones, with exceptions from Omega and Big. It's just opinions spoken by many of Eggman's fans, and no arguing and juvenile comments... But as you can see, all of Eggman's voice actors are just about perfect for him, but I give a tight edge to both Mike Pollock and Deem Bristow.
turesonic (Guest)
said at 11:37 AM on Sun Jan 2 2011
1) Mike Pollock
2) Deem Bristow
3) Long John Baldry
4) Jim Cummings
5) Garry Chalk
6) Edwin Neal

Mike is the True Eggman voice He makes eggman the smart and goofy but the Extremen harsh and deadly type which connects to his personality and flows well I love his perfomrances as Eggman he's the best he makes eggman sound how he should A mixed variety of behaviours and making the most hasty decisions He's the best I'm annoyed that 4Kids were Fired bad I'm glad he was the one which was saved he deserves this role Long Live Mike XD So glad they kept him hope they keep him for many years to come :D

Deem Bristow did perfect work the strong, violent type and also Mad with fear he made Eggman so scary and deleciously evil XD R.I.P Deem Bristow you will be missed a lot of fans

Long John Baldry was talented made Eggman funny also known as "The Guy who's plans always Fail" He too will also be missed for his funny and crooked performances R.I.P ah and lets not forget that famous line "PINGAS" XD

Jims Cummings was excellent the strong and silent and extreme type For Eggman the things he did were harsh and he was deadly D: he was great so many memories GOSH it makes you look back and think "Wow everything has changed since then and now" and all you have is memories...

Gary Chalk was okay not as good as the others but good enough he could act and he also had good perofmrances "Sonic UndegroooUNND" sorry i just had to say that XD

Edwin Neal - The worst voice of Eggman hated all the voices in the Sonic movie UGH! >_>
xxrobotchaoxx (Guest)
said at 5:23 PM on Fri Dec 31 2010
PINGAS is a meme of YouTube Poop
Ivo Robotnik (Guest)
said at 4:08 PM on Sun Dec 26 2010
1. Jim Cummings
2. Deem Bristow
3. Long John Baldry
4. Garry Chalk
5. Mike Pollock
6. Edwin Neal

Jim PWNS all.
michaelkelley (Guest)
said at 10:48 PM on Thu Dec 9 2010
Jim Cummings clearly has the best voice out of all them.
sasori5555 (Guest)
said at 7:48 PM on Wed Nov 17 2010
Mike all the way love when he does that goofy laugh(Whew hoo Hoo hoo hoo)
purplewarrior (Guest)
said at 5:56 PM on Sat Nov 6 2010
Deem Bristow will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be my favorite Eggman voice!
rabidsonicfan (Guest)
said at 9:52 PM on Mon Oct 25 2010
I'm not sure if I have a favorite. I don't think that Eggman has ever had a bad voice actor.
al (Guest)
said at 11:50 AM on Fri Oct 15 2010
 1 Shout Out! [?]
They're actually all pretty good, but my favourite is Mike Pollock. I'm very happy that he's the one 4Kids actor remaining in the cast so far {though to be honest, I hope Dan Green gets to keep being Vector too}.
adf (Guest)
said at 4:16 PM on Sun Oct 10 2010
Long John Baldry and Deem Bristow my Favorite voice actors of Doctor Ivo (Eggman) Robotnik :)
behellmorph (Guest)
said at 6:10 PM on Fri Oct 8 2010
Robotnik probbaly is the only Sonic character who all actors have been good fun, especialy Long John, Jim and Deem
gaymeel (Guest)
said at 11:19 AM on Sun Sep 5 2010
MIKE POLLOCK FOR THE WIN

HES MUCH MORE TALENTED THAN THE OTHERS IM SO GLAD HES NOT FIRED ;D
mozychan (Guest)
said at 2:46 AM on Mon Aug 30 2010
Jim Cummings is the best.

If Mike Pollock was given more serious dialog then he would be great. Until then, I have to place Deem Bristow in second.
guy (Guest)
said at 4:00 PM on Sun Aug 29 2010
I have to disagree with you regarding Pollock. it's not a bad take, but it's far from being the best (and defiantly in no way deserves to be in top spot current on this list).

Ultimately because of what dialogue and characterization they give Pollock to say, which more makes a joke out of Robotnik moreso then Long John Baldry's take on him.

If they could give him some solid lines and make him feel like a serious threat again, then we'd have something. but for the time being, no.

Jim Cummings and Deem Bristow however OOZED evil and made you take the character seriously.

My vote goes for Robotnik goes to the voice acting god, Jim Cummings
osutinik (Guest)
said at 1:18 AM on Thu Aug 26 2010
I've always favored Pollock's take on Eggman, he gives him a goofy-yet-sinister impression, which I think suits Eggman the best.

I also admired Bristow and Neal's voices. Bristow gave Eggman a more serious villain feel, while Neal gave Eggman a voice in almost the same style as Pollock's.

Also, a shoutout to Baldry for helping in create a Youtube legend!
said at 4:12 PM on Sat Aug 21 2010
Jim Cummings, Deem Bristow, Mike Pollock, and Long John Baldry.
mp40 (Guest)
said at 12:55 PM on Thu Aug 19 2010
I don't think Eggman has ever had a bad voice actor. Ed's probably the worst, but he's still acceptable. Gary was a little different, but still good. John was perfect for AoSTH, but I can't take his Robotnik voice seriously. I know I'm not supposed to, but still. :P I used to think Deem was the best, but I'm not liking it so much anymore for some reason. Mike is great because you can take his voice seriously when need be and he does amazing with the comedic moments as well. But I have to go with Jim Cummings. He makes Robotnik sound totally evil, and I love it.
treusonic (Guest)
said at 8:00 PM on Wed Aug 18 2010
Long John Baldry was good :) Deem Bristow was good too may they rest in peace :( I LIKE MIKE POLLOCK and im glad hes not being replaced :) the best..
driuco (Guest)
said at 9:17 AM on Sat Aug 14 2010
Jim Cummings make Eggman sound evil.
khayal101 (Guest)
said at 10:18 PM on Sun Aug 8 2010
sniff, Deem Bristow, sniff, you rule! seriesly he took what we remember as a silly villian and turning him into someone menecing in SA2, He wasn't over the top like in SatAM, or goofy like the others, but you know I love every eggman voice, each one offers somthing new to the table and staying true to the character, I realy have a soft spot for the adv voice it just sounds awesome, Im glad Mike is still eggman in the games
cincon3 (Guest)
said at 3:10 PM on Mon Jul 26 2010
I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!!!!!!!!!! lol
sonickenshin (Guest)
said at 2:41 AM on Thu Jul 22 2010
 1 Shout Out! [?]
It's a tie between Long John Bradley and Mike Pollock. Their performances are really fun to listen to. Mike Pollock especially, can be comical and really threatening in a heartbeat. Deem Bristow is great too.
john (Guest)
said at 2:36 AM on Tue Jul 6 2010
I'll go with Jim Cummings, Deem Bristow, and Mike Pollack
mgriffin189 (Guest)
said at 6:56 PM on Sun Jun 20 2010
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Long John Baldry is my favorite. His performance was a hall mark of AoStH.
cloehedgehog (Guest)
said at 10:26 PM on Sat Jun 19 2010
eggman creepy his body is an egg ok the one who scares me the most will be the grudge have you looked at her shes chinnese but shes cute 2
zeek (Guest)
said at 12:41 AM on Thu Jun 17 2010
Edwin and Long John for me.
anonymous (Guest)
said at 9:52 PM on Wed Jun 9 2010
I like Cummings the best. His sinister and malicious voice makes him the perfect Robotnik. Yes, even better than Deem Bristow.
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 7:12 PM on Wed Apr 7 2010
 1 Shout Out! [?]
It's a pretty close race between Long John Baldry and Jim Cummings, but in the end I'm going to have to go with Baldry. His fantastically hammy and comical performance truly made AoStH worth watching.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 3:20 PM on Sun Mar 21 2010
1 = Edwin Neal
2 = Jim Cummings
jonhardwick (Guest)
said at 12:10 AM on Sat Mar 6 2010
smarttamarr94 the pingas clip was robotnik saying snooping as usual i see and besides fans loved baldry by that line R.I.P long john baldry.
czizzi (Guest)
said at 2:27 AM on Fri Mar 5 2010
(1) Jim Cummings
(2) Long John Baldry
NachoElephant
said at 9:16 PM on Thu Mar 4 2010
I'm going with Mike Pollock
smarttamarr94 (Guest)
said at 5:25 PM on Thu Mar 4 2010
You Might want to change Long John Baldry's clip because it has the word "Penis" in it.
jonhardwick (Guest)
said at 4:55 PM on Thu Mar 4 2010
i know he'll have soon because shadow only has 2 voices.it might take him a week to make so i'll wait
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 8:50 PM on Wed Mar 3 2010
the guy is working on it. Please be patient he'll have it up eventually
jonhardwic (Guest)
said at 8:31 PM on Wed Mar 3 2010
can you please do a shadow the hedgehog voice compare.he only has 2 VA.jason griffith and david humprey.
badasp (Guest)
said at 7:20 AM on Mon Mar 1 2010
Ah, the infamous "PINGAS" line... LOL!
jetfirmusprime (Guest)
said at 8:15 PM on Sun Feb 28 2010
1.Deem Bristow
2. Mike Pollok
3. Jim Cummings

I'd give Long John Baldry a mention as well, for giving us the miracle of PINGAS.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 6:45 PM on Sun Feb 28 2010
I like Deem Bristow the best. He sounded just as you would expect Eggman to sound like.

Mike Pollack was pretty good too!

An honorable mention is Edwil Neal who is probably the only voice in the Sonic Movie to be pretty decent.
jonhardwick (Guest)
said at 6:07 PM on Sun Feb 28 2010
snoopingas usal i see the best long john baldry line.

#1 favorite Voice Compare
for 1 member.

A favorite Voice Compare
for 37 members.
Latest Reason:

"He's got the master plan."

- spencermalley935
BTVA POLL
Who do you think has been the best from these Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik voice actors?
Long John Baldry