Slayers Slayers

Voice Compare » Slayers » Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun with sound clips and images.
Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun is the daughter of Crown Prince Philionel El De Seyruun, and the sister of Naga the White Serpent. She lives for the love of justice, and is very zany, quirky and hyperactive! She is often seen given justice crys and speeches. She's also very confident, and is one of the more intelligent members of Lina's crew.

When Amelia first appeared in Slayers, she was voiced by Joani Baker for episodes 11-13. When the dub was put on hiatus for a year to evaluate sales, Joani basically moved on with her career, and stopped showing up at auditions, and thus, Central Park Media, and Taj Productions lost all contact with her, and the role was recast.

Joani's replacement, for pretty much all of the rest of the Slayers franchise was Veronica Taylor of Pokemon fame (only this was before Pokemon). Veronica reprised her role in Slayers Revolution/Evolution-R.

However, Veronica was unavailable for the recording of the Slayers Premium movie (Amelia's only movie appearance), which was being dubbed by ADV Films. Luci Christian filled in for her instead.

Created by PurpleWarrior13 on Aug 28 2010, 16 Comments
The Slayers (1996)
Amelia Wil Tesla SeyruunJoan Baker
Joan Baker
Slayers Next (1999)
Amelia Wil Tesla SeyruunVeronica Taylor
Veronica Taylor
Slayers Premium (2004)
Amelia Wil Tesla SeyruunLuci Christian
Luci Christian

Comments

Mai Valentine
said at 8:06 PM on Mon Mar 2 2015
My vote on this is rather odd because it goes different acting wise and voice wise. Acting wise, Veronica gets the vote since she's not so over the top as Joan and Luci are. Voice wise I have to go with Joan since I find her voice fitting Amelia better out of the three with Luci coming second and then Veronica. Veronica's voice just doesn't fit the character for me. It's better for some one like May from Pokémon, but not Amelia. I do have to admit, the voice sounded okay in the audio where Veronica says "I seriously couldn't fight one of my own comrades". It was less May-like and light. That's the voice I wish she could have used instead.

So yeah, acting-wise Veronica gets my vote while voice-wise, Joan wins. Joan would have been find had she toned down a bit. She was too over the top but the voice was fitting though.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 10:05 PM on Sat Jan 30 2016
@Mai Valentine I think Joan actually started to get a better performance for Amelia down in her last episode as the character, so it's sort of a shame she then got recast. However, I personally prefer Veronica in the role - her voice and performing is adorable.
HylianBelmont
said at 10:44 PM on Sat Jan 30 2016
@Galactic_Cyrus That's how I felt about Daniel as Zelgadis, he really seemed to be finding his footing in his final episodes as the character as well.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 8:56 PM on Mon Feb 1 2016
@HylianBelmont Yeah, I never minded Daniel's voice for Zelgadis, it's just that the acting was too wooden for the most part until towards the end. Crispin Freeman is still better, though.
HylianBelmont
said at 2:53 AM on Tue Feb 2 2016
@Galactic_Cyrus Yeah he is. Although one recast I definitely felt was inferior was Prince Philionel, Jimmy Zoppi was good as him too but Matthew's voice was more distinct for him in comparison to Jimmy, who was just using a deeper version of his Dilgear voice if I recall.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 6:44 PM on Sun Feb 7 2016
@HylianBelmont Yeah, I was never crazy about Zoppi as Prince Phil. It was too recognizably him like in other roles.
HienFan
said at 12:12 AM on Fri Oct 17 2014
1 Veronica
2 Joan
3 Luci- She actually sounds like Pink Monkey in Ape Escape 2 when she's whining lol
Shiroppu
said at 12:38 PM on Thu Jul 3 2014
I like Joan Baker.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 7:07 PM on Mon Jan 19 2015
@Shiroppu She got okay by her third episode, but...really, she was obnoxious for the most part.
Mai Valentine
said at 7:59 PM on Mon Mar 2 2015
@Galactic_Cyrus I went to look at the third episode and still found her way too over the top. Joan would have been fine had she toned down the voice a bit. The same with Luci, she was over-the-top as well but not so bad.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 10:06 PM on Sat Jan 30 2016
@Mai Valentine To be fair, Amelia sort of IS over-the-top at a lot of times.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 9:45 PM on Sun Oct 6 2013
Veronica Taylor NAILED Amelia. Luci Christian had a good voice for her, but overacted the hyperness a bit. Joani Baker...LOL, no!
MatthewC17
said at 9:09 PM on Mon Jan 7 2013
Veronica's voice is basically May but a little higher sounding
Nevertheless it's an excellent example of her handiwork
Rocket_Giovanni
said at 10:39 PM on Sat Mar 19 2011
Nothing I can say about Veronica Taylor hasn't already been said. She was brilliant.

Though Luci Christian "flat?" If anything, she went a little TOO over the top.
JTurner
said at 12:19 PM on Sun Mar 6 2011
Two words: Veronica Taylor. The genuine enthusiasm she puts into the role is wonderful; then again I tend to enjoy anything that she is in, mainly because of the exuberance she always brings to any role she's in. The chemistry between her and Lisa is fantastic.

Joani Baker... Awful, absolutely awful! Sure, the energy is there, but her voice is just shrieky and not at all pleasant to listen to. Thank god she didn't play Amelia for the entire show. She was easily one of the weakest links of the first thirteen episodes. I'm sure she's done better, but this is definitely a low point. It's easy to see why she was recast.

As far as Luci Christian is concerned, I like the energy and her voice is not bad, but there's something about it that seems slightly off. It just doesn't sound like Amelia. Then again, I guess I became too accustomed to Veronica's take.

So if I were to rank, I'd put Veronica on top, Luci in the middle, and Joani last.
said at 11:28 PM on Sat Aug 28 2010
I'd say Veronica Taylor. She sounds a lot like May from Pokemon in this role.
THE BEST
Who do you think has been the best from these Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun voice actors?
Joan Baker