Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
GHIJKLM
NOPQRST
UVWXYZ
OTHER SAILOR MOON COMPARES
Sailor Moon

Voice Compare » Sailor Moon » Sailor Mini-Moon / Rini

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Sailor Mini-Moon / Rini with sound clips and images.
Rini is the future daughter of Serena (Sailor Moon) and Darien (Tuxedo Mask). She's very naughty and acts very child-like. Rini's best friend is Pegasus, a mystical creature who appears before her in her dreams. Rini can also transform into Sailor Mini-Moon, and helps Sailor Moon in combat. She's very loyal to Serena, Darien, and the rest of the Scouts. Though they sometimes get on her nerves.

Rini was voiced, in the English version, by Tracey Hoyt for the Sailor Moon R season (the second one), including the "Lost Episodes", and the Sailor Moon R: Promise of the Lost Rose movie. She reprised the role for the Sailor Moon S and the Sailor Moon SuperS movies.

However, Tracey was getting involved in more mainstream cartoon work, and left the role shortly before the production of Season 3 (Sailor Moon S). Her replacement was Canadian TV and Radio personality, Stephanie Beard, AKA Sugar Baybee. Stephanie voiced the role in the Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon SuperS seasons before production of the franchise came to an end.

Created by PurpleWarrior13 on Wed Nov 10 2010, 21 Comments, Add Comment
Sailor Moon (1995)
Sailor Mini-Moon / RiniTracey Hoyt
Tracey Hoyt
Sailor Moon (1995)
Sailor Mini-Moon / RiniStephanie Beard
Stephanie Beard

EDITOR'S OPINION

Neither was bad, but I definitely prefer Stephanie Beard over Tracey Hoyt. Tracey I think sounded a bit less natural and a little too bratty. Stephanie sounded almost perfect. Her voice sounded so cute, and she could convey all kinds of emotions perfectly. Though to be fair, she did play Rini in more important episodes for the character.

PurpleWarrior13

Latest Comments

Fantasy
said at 12:48 PM on Wed Nov 5 2014
Hmm...I like both and can't really choose between the two so I call it a tie.
lillypills
said at 3:19 AM on Thu Jun 19 2014
stephanie beards voice is far far far better in every way
HienFan
said at 1:55 AM on Wed Mar 19 2014
I prefer Hoyt I find Beard too cutesy sounding
MicroPhoneBass
said at 7:43 PM on Wed Dec 25 2013
I'm going to give this role to Stephanie. Its her most iconic role and she did fit the cute-bubble gum look to ChibiUsa sounding exactly like a 4-year old would though maybe a bit too cartoony but... I'm sure the japanese would squeal at the sound of her naturally moe voice. At most Stephanie did deliver a lot better than Tracey even with the same level of inexperience.

Tracey to me sounded very underpreformed and came off way too bland and snarky with that nasally sound she had in everything she said. I remember that famous scene where Chibiusa/Rini jumps out from Darien's apartment and yells "Wooooooaah" in the lamest way ever...
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 8:42 PM on Sun Oct 6 2013
SUGA SUGA SUGA BABY!
merrow-fish
said at 4:55 PM on Tue Jun 4 2013
It was hard but I choose Tracy. She does a wonderful job though
Classic-Cartoony
said at 2:58 AM on Sun Sep 23 2012
Stephanie sounds more like a child Rini's age than Tracey. Tracey still did a wonderful job though.
akiha
said at 10:18 PM on Mon Aug 6 2012
Ms. Beard's my choice. Wow. She fits Chibiusa very well and her acting is most favorable for the role. Complements.
dreamer
said at 11:51 AM on Fri May 11 2012
Tracey's voice is agony for me and my mum to listen to. She is a brilliant voice actress, but it is just so hard for me to listen to. Her scream is like nails on a chalkboard. It made her seem too bratty too. Stephanie was ok, it made Rini far more tolerable for me to listen to, but it was a little too 'sweet' and 'cute' like a little chipmunk in my opinion. Though I do prefer her ten times more than Tracey!
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 12:05 AM on Thu Mar 1 2012
Tracey Hoyt couldn't act. Stephanie Beard was perfect.
Fulgore2005
said at 5:39 PM on Sun Mar 4 2012
@Galactic_Cyrus Agreed. Beard was perhaps the best VA of the Cloverway dub. Not to mention she actually makes Rini sound like a child.
AshytaFang
said at 1:18 AM on Wed Sep 28 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Stephanie sounds so adorable! I cant help but love her voice haha
MewVenus (AYVO S1 Semi-Finalist)
said at 11:13 AM on Fri Sep 16 2011
I think Stephanie's tone definitely fits the appearance and personality of Rini's character better, but Tracey Hoyt has more natural inflection. To be honest, I prefer the original Japanese, but given the choice between Steph and Tracey...I think I'd probably still pick Steph.
sailormoon76
said at 4:28 PM on Wed Jun 15 2011
they are both good though stephanie was my fav she was soft spoken more princess like
Mini Wolfsbane
said at 9:38 PM on Wed Mar 30 2011
I really prefer Tracey. I just couldn't get used to Stephanie's voice at all. Tracey strikes me as more naturally sounding as if she was related to Terrie Hawkes as Sailor Moon. Like the two characters really are related. (They are, but I don't know how to explain other then Tracey is a perfect fit for Rini.) IMO, they couldn't have picked better. I'm over dubbed now and into subbed, but as I grew up with the dub, I have always wanted to voice my opinion on who is better.
MicroPhoneBass
said at 7:46 PM on Wed Dec 25 2013
@Mini Wolfsbane I disagree completely. Tracey had NO emotion at and just made her sound even more spoiled and selfish than she actually was.
itsumo (Guest)
said at 4:38 AM on Mon Jan 31 2011
Well.. I never really listened to either dub voice before... But objectively, I think I like Tracey Hoyt better. I dunno if it's just cause she sounds a little more mature / spunky (which Chibiusa is in Japanese I think, oddly enough), and less completely cutsey / little girly as Stephanie Beard's one sounds. They're both okay, though.
jaderrrs (Guest)
said at 1:52 PM on Wed Jan 19 2011
I like them both actually. I perfer Tracey though, but that's probably bcuz that's the voice I first heard for Rini when I was really little.

But Stephanie is really, really good. She has that perfect little kid voice.
rhiannon (Guest)
said at 5:14 AM on Sun Jan 16 2011
Definately Stephanie. She actually sounds like a little kid.
huskydreams (Guest)
said at 4:35 PM on Wed Dec 29 2010
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Stephanie. Tracey's a brat. Sure, Rini is a brat, but not that bratty. Stephanie is amazing, and sounds like a little girl. It's amazing that anyone can have a voice like that.
said at 11:16 PM on Tue Nov 16 2010
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Stephanie wins. She was perfect. It's interesting to note that the voice used for this character is essentially her natural voice. When she hosted YTV one of the most frequently-asked questions was if that was her real voice.

A favorite Voice Compare
for 5 members.
Latest Reason:

"My favourite Sailor Scout. I've also always loved young or childlike characters. :)"

- JoKaz1994
BTVA POLL
Who do you think has been the best from these Sailor Mini-Moon/Rini voice actors?
Tracey Hoyt