Browse VOICE COMPARE
GHIJKLM
NOPQRST
UVWXYZ
OTHER ONE PIECE COMPARES
One Piece

Voice Compare » One Piece » Young Roronoa Zoro / Zolo

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Young Roronoa Zoro / Zolo with sound clips and images.
I did a VC for the adult version of the character a long time ago but at last I present the Young Roronoa Zoro!

He was first voiced in the Odex English dub of the One Piece anime. At the moment I'm not sure which VA is was so until I have some confirmation the clip will remain attached with "Unknown Voice Actor".

In the 4Kids English dub of the One Piece anime he was called Zolo and was voiced by Andrew Rannells.

In the Funimation English dub Young Zoro is voiced by Brina Palencia.

For the English version of the One Piece video game Unlimited Cruise he is voiced by Aaron Dismuke.

*Cynthia Cranz is credited as Young Zoro in episode 2 of the Funimation dub but it was just grunts and yells in a flashback. There was no actual dialogue.

Created by Jackson_H on Wed Aug 11 2010, 16 Comments, Add Comment
One Piece (2004)
Roronoa Zoro / Zolo (Young)Unknown Voice Actor
Unknown Voice Actor
One Piece (2004)
Roronoa Zoro / Zolo (Young)Andrew Rannells
Andrew Rannells
One Piece (2004)
Roronoa Zoro / Zolo (Young)Brina Palencia
Brina Palencia
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (2008)
Roronoa Zoro (Young)Aaron Dismuke
Aaron Dismuke

EDITOR'S OPINION

Although these VAs had very different voices, IMO they all did fairly well portraying the character's personality.

To be honest I'm not sure which voice I like the best.

Jackson_H

Latest Comments

Galactic_Cyrus
said at 12:53 PM on Sun Oct 6 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Brina did it best. Aaron's good too, but was clearly starting his puberty then. The UVA is waaay to high pitched and girly sounding. And Andrew Rannells using his Noah Kaiba voice makes Zoro sound like a total obnoxious brat. WTF were 4Kids thinking with that casting?
Soldierkei
said at 11:36 AM on Fri Sep 27 2013
I was excited when I heard Aaron in the game, because I really wanted to see how he'd handle it in the actual show....buuuut I was bummed it wasn't him. But Brina rocked it. Especially that scene where Zoro is crying while training and hits the training posts until they break. She rocked it.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 4:24 PM on Sun Jul 28 2013
Brina's the best, while Aaron and surprisingly the unknown were pretty good too. Andrew was mis-cast, it's hard to take his version seriously.
TheTrueYuma
said at 1:59 AM on Wed Jan 9 2013
Exactly how old is Aaron's Zoro?
Fulgore2005
said at 5:44 AM on Fri May 10 2013
@TheTrueYuma Uh, too old?
PurpleWarrior13
said at 11:23 PM on Sun Dec 30 2012
They all work well in their own ways, but from these, I think I like Brina the best.
Gekko_Amario
said at 2:59 PM on Tue Sep 11 2012
That's not brina Palencia, That's Colleen Clinkenbeard. ANd i loved the voice of Aaron.
Jetman2021
said at 6:23 PM on Tue Nov 13 2012
@Gekko_Amario No that's Brina alright
PurpleWarrior13
said at 11:19 PM on Sun Dec 30 2012
@Gekko_Amario The credits don't lie. It's Brina.
MatthewC17
said at 6:10 PM on Mon Jul 23 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
1. Brina Palencia - She always doing a good job with young boys and Zoro at a young age is no exception
2. Aaron Dismuke - While it sounds like an older Alphonse Elric it's more tolerable
3. Unknown VA - Extremely forced and sounds like she's screaming
4. Andrew Rannells - Miscast hands down 4Kids always messes up making Luffy sound like a young 5 year old, and making young Zoro sound like a 8 year old
MatthewC17
said at 9:53 PM on Fri Jan 27 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
This was one of Brina's best roles IMO
She really can do the young boy voice and not overdo it
stocko
said at 6:54 PM on Sun Aug 21 2011
The Unknown VA, was it from Funi Dub, because the young zoro in the earlier episode was different than the later episodes. It Sounded like Colleen Clinkenbeard
said at 1:22 PM on Mon Aug 22 2011
@stocko No, this one is from the Odex dub that aired in Singapore. I think it could be Andrea Kwan, but don't quote me on that.
shadee88
said at 1:27 AM on Wed Oct 12 2011
@NCZ nope. Andrea Kwan works for HongKong/Animax Dubs. Not ODex.
said at 6:36 AM on Wed Oct 12 2011
@shadee88 Animax also operates in Singapore. Plus, I don't think voice actors have to work exclusively for one company.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 11:22 PM on Sun Dec 30 2012
@NCZ The Odex dub was working with a very small talent pool, and at that point in the series, this voice was likely either Chio Su-Ping (who voiced Koby) or Alison Lester (who voiced Nami).

A favorite Voice Compare
for 3 members.
BTVA POLL
Who do you think has been the best from these Young Roronoa Zoro / Zolo voice actors?
Unknown Voice Actor