One Piece One Piece

Voice Compare » One Piece » Young Roronoa Zoro / Zolo

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Young Roronoa Zoro / Zolo with sound clips and images.
I did a VC for the adult version of the character a long time ago but at last I present the Young Roronoa Zoro!

He was first voiced in the Odex English dub of the One Piece anime. At the moment I'm not sure which VA is was so until I have some confirmation the clip will remain attached with "Unknown Voice Actor".

In the 4Kids English dub of the One Piece anime he was called Zolo and was voiced by Andrew Rannells.

In the Funimation English dub Young Zoro is voiced by Brina Palencia.

For the English version of the One Piece video game Unlimited Cruise he is voiced by Aaron Dismuke.

*Cynthia Cranz is credited as Young Zoro in episode 2 of the Funimation dub but it was just grunts and yells in a flashback. There was no actual dialogue.

Created by Jackson_H on Aug 11 2010, 21 Comments, Add Comment
One Piece (2004)
Roronoa Zoro / Zolo (Young)Unknown Voice Actor
Unknown Voice Actor
One Piece (2004)
Roronoa Zoro / Zolo (Young)Andrew Rannells
Andrew Rannells
One Piece (2004)
Roronoa Zoro / Zolo (Young)Brina Palencia
Brina Palencia
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (2008)
Roronoa Zoro (Young)Aaron Dismuke
Aaron Dismuke

Although these VAs had very different voices, IMO they all did fairly well portraying the character's personality.

To be honest I'm not sure which voice I like the best.

said at 8:09 AM on Sat Oct 17 2015
Yeah i'll be on the same boat that i would vote for Brina Palencia, because she makes a better boy voice and sounding more emotional than Andrew Rannells and Unknown Voice Actress (Yes calling her Unknown Voice Actoress because don't have any clue who that is) combined, except for Aaron Dismuke's take.

Speaking of Aaron Dismuke's take, i feel like he did a good work to make Young Zoro boy sounding even though he as few said a older alphonse elric, but not as kid sounding as Brina did, so i'll put him in Second.

Not gonna talk about these two, cause they sound really off putting and not having more material to work with, but Unknown Voice Actress sounds more obnoxious and forced, but at least more kid sounding than Andrews.

For my results i did rank for either one of these voice actors or actress:

Rank #1) Brina Palencia

Rank #2) Aaron Dismuke

Rank #3) Unknown Voice Actress (From Odex)

Rank #4) Andrew Rannells
said at 8:12 PM on Fri Jul 10 2015
Everyone was terrible except for Brina, she was freakin great, Aaron Dismuke was decent. I grimmace when I hear those other voices.
said at 2:08 AM on Wed Mar 4 2015
I liked Brina's better since it better represents how Zoro was feeling. The others were more... ehh.
said at 11:41 PM on Tue Sep 9 2014
1 Aaron Dismuke
2 Unknown
3 Brina Palencia
4 Andrew Ranells
said at 12:53 PM on Sun Oct 6 2013
Brina did it best. Aaron's good too, but was clearly starting his puberty then. The UVA is waaay to high pitched and girly sounding. And Andrew Rannells using his Noah Kaiba voice makes Zoro sound like a total obnoxious brat. WTF were 4Kids thinking with that casting?
said at 8:13 PM on Fri Jul 10 2015
@Galactic_Cyrus My sentiments exactly.
said at 11:36 AM on Fri Sep 27 2013
I was excited when I heard Aaron in the game, because I really wanted to see how he'd handle it in the actual show....buuuut I was bummed it wasn't him. But Brina rocked it. Especially that scene where Zoro is crying while training and hits the training posts until they break. She rocked it.
said at 4:24 PM on Sun Jul 28 2013
Brina's the best, while Aaron and surprisingly the unknown were pretty good too. Andrew was mis-cast, it's hard to take his version seriously.
said at 11:23 PM on Sun Dec 30 2012
They all work well in their own ways, but from these, I think I like Brina the best.
said at 2:59 PM on Tue Sep 11 2012
That's not brina Palencia, That's Colleen Clinkenbeard. ANd i loved the voice of Aaron.
said at 6:23 PM on Tue Nov 13 2012
@Gekko_Amario No that's Brina alright
said at 11:19 PM on Sun Dec 30 2012
@Gekko_Amario The credits don't lie. It's Brina.
said at 6:10 PM on Mon Jul 23 2012
1. Brina Palencia - She always doing a good job with young boys and Zoro at a young age is no exception
2. Aaron Dismuke - While it sounds like an older Alphonse Elric it's more tolerable
3. Unknown VA - Extremely forced and sounds like she's screaming
4. Andrew Rannells - Miscast hands down 4Kids always messes up making Luffy sound like a young 5 year old, and making young Zoro sound like a 8 year old
said at 9:53 PM on Fri Jan 27 2012
This was one of Brina's best roles IMO
She really can do the young boy voice and not overdo it
said at 6:54 PM on Sun Aug 21 2011
The Unknown VA, was it from Funi Dub, because the young zoro in the earlier episode was different than the later episodes. It Sounded like Colleen Clinkenbeard
said at 1:22 PM on Mon Aug 22 2011
@stocko No, this one is from the Odex dub that aired in Singapore. I think it could be Andrea Kwan, but don't quote me on that.
said at 1:27 AM on Wed Oct 12 2011
@NCZ nope. Andrea Kwan works for HongKong/Animax Dubs. Not ODex.
said at 6:36 AM on Wed Oct 12 2011
@shadee88 Animax also operates in Singapore. Plus, I don't think voice actors have to work exclusively for one company.
said at 11:22 PM on Sun Dec 30 2012
@NCZ The Odex dub was working with a very small talent pool, and at that point in the series, this voice was likely either Chio Su-Ping (who voiced Koby) or Alison Lester (who voiced Nami).
Who do you think has been the best from these Young Roronoa Zoro / Zolo voice actors?
Unknown Voice Actor