Nefertari Vivi / Miss Wednesday
One Piece One Piece

Nefertari Vivi / Miss Wednesday

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Nefertari Vivi / Miss Wednesday with sound clips and images.
Franchise: One Piece

Nefertari Vivi is the daughter of Nefertari Cobra; the king of Alabasta. She is a former agent of Baroque Works under the guise of Miss Wednesday and she was a temporary member of the Straw Hat Pirates.

In the English dub version of the One Piece anime by 4Kids Entertainment Vivi was first voiced by Karen Neill. In an alternate English dub by Odex for Singapore Vivi was voiced by Natasha Malinsky. In the current English dub by Funimation Entertainment Vivi is voiced by Caitlin Glass.
Created by Jackson_H on Jan 26 2010
One Piece (2004)
Nefertari ViviCaitlin Glass
Caitlin Glass
One Piece (2004)
Nefertari ViviNatasha Malinsky
Natasha Malinsky
One Piece (2004)
Nefertari ViviKaren Neill
Karen Neill

Comments

SpiritKitten
said at 7:08 PM on Wed Mar 1 2017
Caitlin and Natasha are tied for me as which is the best voice. They sound the same to me, well Caitlin seems to have a little bit more range of emotions.

Karen, unfortunately, the voice is good, but it sounds like the editors just used her first take for all of her lines. Everything she is says it one level, no range of emotion at all
1dbad
said at 5:03 AM on Mon Nov 28 2016
Caitlin Glass is one of my favorite FUNi's VAs, and it's due to performances like this. Her performances are so full of life, and she never fails to impress during emotional scenes. Her voice fits Vivi perfectly, and is part of why I became so endeared to the character.

Natasha's take is one of the better ones from the Odex dub. A decent second choice.

Karen Neill has a nice tone to her voice, but the voice direction ruined any chances of a good performance. Her performance comes across as awfully flat. At least Natasha put a bit of emotion into her performance.
TEOL
said at 3:05 AM on Thu Sep 8 2016
Cate I'm going with here.
CartoonFanatic1993
said at 9:18 PM on Mon Apr 25 2016
1. Caitlin Glass: Glass has the most emotion and sounds the most believable. Some of the highlights of her Vivi voice includes her screaming "Kohza!" after he is shot by a member of Baroque Works, and when Vivi tries to stop the fighting among the citizens of Alabasta.
2. Natasha Malinsky: Malinsky isn't exactly a good voice for the character, her voice ranges from decent to mediocre.
3. Karen Neill: Neill is the worst sounding of these three she sounds incredibly bland and sounds like she's bored and just reading off a script.
Autovolt
said at 11:17 AM on Sun Apr 24 2016
Caitlin Glass brings the most emotion to the role which is important since Vivi is supposed to be a very emotional character.

Natasha Malinsky is decent all things considered.

Karen Neill sadly rather disappointing, I don't know what happened here, she just sounds bland in the role.

Caitlin Glass definitely wins this one.
HienFan
said at 7:15 AM on Sat Dec 5 2015
That clip of Karen is better than usual I must say, her voice was kinda okay in generally but it's weirdly tomboyish and very monotone
MatthewC17
said at 6:03 PM on Wed Sep 9 2015
Vivi I've ranked in the past, but now I'm hear to rank again within more detail.
1. Caitlin Glass: She does a phenomenal job as Vivi Nefertari. A believable performance and the most age appropriate. Loved her work in the Alabasta movie.
2. Natasha Malinsky: Odex voices can be something else, but Malinsky gets the job done quite well. The only flaw I see in her performance is a slight accent and lack of emotion.
3. Karen Neill: Atrociously wooden, but the vocal direction and script do not do her justice. She is a decent Vivi but she missed her chance with the emotional breakdowns Vivi has during the Alabasta arc.
SteelEthlan
said at 10:28 PM on Fri Aug 21 2015
My opinion toward these voice actresses that voiced Vivi in One Piece from 4Kids Entertainment (Formerly), Odex Studios, & FUNimation Entertainment:

Rank #1) Caitlin Glass - She has by far the most emotional and flare into Vivi more so than these 2 that tried but didn't do so, she adds alot of personality to what Vivi has even in dramatic scenes. And on top of that, she even knows when to act and deliver like she was putting an passionate effort as she acts like she was in character from here.

Rank #2) Natasha Malinsky - Out of all the three voice actresses this one who acts averagely compared to Caitlin, but at the very least she put up through emotions and personality miles better than what Karen had to put up with and for that she deserves in second.

Rank #3) Karen Neill - Ugh, hearing about her right now, she pretty much had zero effort of putting delivery, tone and performance into this character whatsoever, which it really sucks compared to how she actually did in other anime that 4Kids did and yeah i'm on the boat of anyone that she didn't do any good at this at all.

And yeah my vote still goes to the lovely Caitlin Glass.
SteelEthlan
said at 12:06 AM on Sun May 31 2015
Heh, looks like i would choose the Voice of Nefertari Vivi (Also known as Miss Wednesday) as a whole:

#1) Caitlin Glass

#2) Natasha Malinsky

#3) Karen Neill
HienFan
said at 10:19 PM on Wed Jul 30 2014
1 Caitlin
2 Natasha
3 Karen
Fortenium
said at 3:02 PM on Sun Feb 2 2014
If you want a completely ideal clip of Caitlin Glass having emotion, her scene when Crocodile is defeated and she's yelling out for the people to stop fighting is the PERFECT example for her.
MatthewC17
said at 9:09 PM on Mon Jun 30 2014
@Fortenium also when she screams "Kohza" after he's shot by a member of Baroque Works.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 10:08 PM on Sun Mar 10 2013
To elaborate on my opinion some, Caitlin Glass was really amazing as this character. Her emotion and personality are hard to beat. You start to really sympathize with Vivi, and to become invested in her struggle. She was perfect.

Natasha sounded a bit hammy and wooden, and her voice was a bit weird, but it got the job done.

Karen Neil was just atrocious as this character. I'd go as far as saying it was among the worst voices in the whole dub. No emotion, no personality, no voice, no effort. As over-the-top as Jason Griffith, David Moo, and Veronica Taylor were, at least they gave... performances. Granted they were bad performances (most likely influenced by very poor direction), but trying and failing is better than not trying at all, and I firmly believe that Karen was doing little more than just reading from a page.
OldSchoolFTW
said at 9:18 PM on Tue Aug 20 2013
@PurpleWarrior13
I couldn't agree more. It's funny because I actually really liked Karen Neill as Karai, and as Caroline in Pokemon, but she was beyond atrocious as Vivi. You said it perfectly: no emotion, intonation, or effort put into the performance. It felt like she was just reading her lines off the script verbatim.

Natasha is still a bit too old sounding and wooden in my eyes.

Caitlin was pretty much perfect for this role and delivered one of the strongest performances in the FUNimation dub of One Piece in my eyes. She is the best Vivi to me.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 12:23 PM on Sun Oct 6 2013
@OldSchoolFTW Karen Neil has a fine voice, but my God was her performance as Vivi the most wrong sounding thing I've ever heard. Almost zero emotion for a part that should be VERY emotional.
Gekko_Amario
said at 3:28 PM on Tue Sep 11 2012
I Love Them All. They all sounded great. Execpt natasha, Idk Why.
Metabad
said at 6:21 PM on Sat Aug 18 2012
Okay, I really liked Karen Neill as Karai, but holy crap did she drop the ball here. I mean I guess its at least tolerable, but it sounds too monotone and stilted, she definitely could have and should have done better.

Natasha Malinsky sounds too old and breathy. On the upside though it does sound a bit more emotional than Karen's performance. Although I'm going to have to say that this performance is worse, since not only can I sort of see Karen's voice fitting the character, but I feel she could've done better.

Caitlin Glass sounds really emotional and dramatic and pretty young too, at first I wasn't entirely sure that the voice fit, but after thinking it over, yeah it really does fit.

I'm going to have to go with Caitlin Glass, with Karen Neil as a distant second and Natasha Malinsky as a distant third.

...sorry Karen.
Kris1Otaku
said at 11:38 PM on Mon Apr 16 2012
Natasha and Karen seem to be just reading, but Caitlin really becomes Vivi. she adds the nuances that really sells it.
Fulgore2005
said at 7:01 AM on Sat Mar 31 2012
Caitlin Glass wins. Her voice reallys fits Vivi's character. Karen's was actually pretty good too.
NintendoNate25
said at 3:41 PM on Sat Sep 3 2011
1. Caitlin Glass: She was the best of the three, hands down.
2. Natasha Malinsky: She was alright, although her acting could probably have been better.
3. Karen Neill: The worst of the three. Her acting was almost completely devoid of emotion.
stocko
said at 6:42 PM on Sun Aug 21 2011
Caitlin is perfect, but i do love Natasha's, I also hated Karen's (4kids) voice, so hollow
MatthewC17
said at 12:27 PM on Tue Jun 28 2011
1. Caitlin Glass - she does an excellent job for screaming
2. Karen Neill - she would have been good if she had screamed
3. Natasha Malinsky - she sounds too soft for Vivi
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 9:22 PM on Wed Jun 22 2011
Caitilin Glass is the only good one here. The other two just sound too soft and not emotional enough.
MatthewC17
said at 2:46 AM on Fri Jun 24 2011
@Galactic_Cyrus Yeah! I agree her voice fits Vivi's personality
PurpleWarrior13
said at 5:39 PM on Tue Jan 26 2010
My rankings:
1. Caitlin Glass
2. Natasha Malinsky
3. Karen Neil

THE BEST
Who do you think has been the best from these Vivi Nefertari / Miss Wednesday voice actors?
Karen Neill
Natasha Malinsky
Caitlin Glass
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Nefertari Vivi / Miss Wednesday One Piece style=" on Amazon.com.