Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
GHIJKLM
NOPQRST
UVWXYZ
OTHER MARVEL UNIVERSE COMPARES
Marvel Universe

Voice Compare » Marvel Universe » Namor the Sub-Mariner

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Namor the Sub-Mariner with sound clips and images.
Namor McKenzie A.K.A The Sub-Mariner is a known Marvel Comics Superhero whose Comic Book Debut was in Motion Picture Funnies Weekly in April of 1939. Namor is known as the very prideful but just and caring king of Atlantis (whom is actually half Atlantean and half Human). Namor's power are being able to live underwater, he is also incredibly strong, agile and can fly with those wings on his feet. Namor has a long history of being both a hero and a villain as he has had a ally/foe relationship with those such as the Fantastic Four(who is also a unrequited love interest for Invisible Woman), Dr. Doom and more and has joined various groups such as the Avengers and the X-Men.

Created by Pokejedservo on Thu May 10 2012, 24 Comments, Add Comment
The Marvel Super Heroes (1966)
Namor the Sub-MarinerJohn Vernon
John Vernon
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)
Namor the Sub-MarinerWilliam Woodson
William Woodson
Spider-Man (1981) (1981)
Namor the Sub-MarinerUnknown Voice Actor
Unknown Voice Actor
Fantastic Four (1994) (1994)
Namor the Sub-MarinerJames Warwick
James Warwick
The Avengers: United They Stand (1999)
Namor the Sub-MarinerRaoul Trujillo
Raoul Trujillo
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2006)
Namor the Sub-MarinerPeter Renaday
Peter Renaday
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2006)
Namor the Sub-MarinerJoe J Thomas
Joe J Thomas
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes (2006)
Namor the Sub-MarinerMichael Adamthwaite
Michael Adamthwaite

EDITOR'S OPINION

Today on the Marvel Universe VC section we take a look at "Imperius Rex" himself... NAMOR THE SUB MARINER! Since this is a rather large VC I shall simply say that while most of these guys are very good I am going with Michael Adamthwaite and Joe J Thomas the most on this VC (though James Warwick was pretty close though).

Pokejedservo

Latest Comments

Starscreamsfan
said at 6:59 AM on Wed Nov 12 2014
My Top 5:

1) Woodson
2) Vernon
3) Adamthwaite
4) Renaday
5) Warwick
GothamRed
said at 6:15 PM on Mon Dec 16 2013
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Anyone think Travis Willingham would make a good Namor?
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:23 PM on Mon Dec 16 2013
@GothamRed He'd be good but I'd rather Fred Tatasciore
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 3:49 PM on Fri Oct 4 2013
Michael Adamthwaite is EXACTLY how I imagine the character to sound like. Raoul Trujilo comes second place. Joe J Thomas has a great voice, but is utterly lacking in Namor's trademark arrogance. Peter Renaday, on the other hand, might be a bit TOO arrogant sounding even when the character's lines aren't meant to be so. The above four voices before Raoul were just plain campy.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 8:32 AM on Thu Sep 19 2013
Adamthwaite's voice is really arrogant and smug, just like Namor.

So he gets my vote
Spider-Fox
said at 2:47 PM on Wed Jun 26 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Honestly I always heard Christopher Sabat as Namor doing his Vegeta. But of those who did voice Namor, I like;
1. Michael Adamthwaite
2. Peter Renaday
3. Raoul Trujillo
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 3:50 PM on Fri Oct 4 2013
@Spider-Fox Sabat's voice for Vegeta in DBZ Kai would be PERFECT for Namor!
VctrBnsn
said at 12:59 PM on Mon Apr 15 2013
Michael and Peter are great. Joe's was a little too light for me.
Mr.Fennoy93
said at 9:12 PM on Tue Aug 21 2012
Does this goes to his own Voice Compare Group.
pokemastanumba1
said at 6:20 PM on Sat Sep 29 2012
Given how he's been affliated with various teams in the Marvel Universe, I think this one's fine where it is.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 12:44 AM on Tue Oct 9 2012
@Mr.Fennoy93 I...I have no idea what you're asking/saying, ha ha.
pete
said at 1:16 PM on Wed Oct 22 2014
@TylerMirage He was asking if he got his own VC section.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:18 PM on Tue May 22 2012
What was updated, I don't see or hear a difference in the clips
pete
said at 10:44 PM on Tue May 22 2012
@Music Meister yeah I know
Anicomicgeek
said at 1:31 AM on Fri May 11 2012
I'm gonna go with Michael Adamthwaite for Namor, though Peter Renaday was also good as Namor.
GothamRed
said at 10:53 PM on Thu May 10 2012
I'm kinda sad, I didn't even notice the two different voices in the same game the first time around
pete
said at 12:52 AM on Fri May 11 2012
@GothamRed Because they were on different versions of the game. Joe did him the Xbox, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, and PSP versions of the game well did him in the PS2 and PSP versions.
pete
said at 11:17 PM on Sun Nov 25 2012
@pete Peter did him in the PS2 and PSP versions. Sad I forgot someone with my own name.
pete
said at 10:18 PM on Thu May 10 2012
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I'm going with John Vernon. The best of the older voices with William Woodson at 2nd and the Unknown VA at 3rd. I also think he is the most accurate sounding out of all these guys. You can't say that about any/every voice from old Marvel cartoons.

My list is

8. Unknown VA(he was too soft with his lines plus he broke them up unless that's a bad clip. Quote "Neptune's Trident I've never... seen a horror... like this... before

7. Joe J Thomas(sounds too soft)

6. James Warwick(something sounds a tad bit off to me)

5. Raoul Trujillio(good but soft)

4. Peter Renaday(firm and deep but a bit off as well)

3. Michael Adamthwaite(great effort but none of the modern vices satisfy me)

2. William Woodson(sounds like a proud royal prince perfect voice)

1. John Vernon(In addition to what I already said he sounds the most like a royal prince or king and gives him a fir commanding voice as well perfect for someone like Namor)

I conclude John Vernon and William Woodson as the best of the bunch here as the other voices don't quite fit for me.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 10:57 PM on Sun Nov 25 2012
@pete Neptune's Trident I've never... seen a horror... like this... before"
He said this line when he was near toxic poison, that's why he said it like that
pete
said at 11:15 PM on Sun Nov 25 2012
@Music Meister Oh well it sounds bit like old school Batman and Robin.
Starscreamsfan
said at 3:21 PM on Mon Nov 17 2014
@pete Woodson is my favorite, being followed closely by Vernon.

Why Woodson???

Only he can deliver lines like this with a straight face:

AAAAGGHHH!!! THAT'S NOT WATER!!! IT'S ALCOHOL!!!!!

LOL

Woodson = Best Namor Ever

Vernon = Close Enough
pete
said at 9:59 PM on Thu May 10 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
What up with him having two VA's in Ultimate Alliance?
ajhz
said at 9:07 PM on Thu May 10 2012
Thanks for adding this I was going to request him and I think there is some missing here but I'll request it or them

A favorite Voice Compare
for 5 members.
BTVA POLL
Who do you think has been the best from these Namor the Sub Mariner voice actors?
John Vernon