Green Lantern / Hal Jordan
Green Lantern Green Lantern

Green Lantern / Hal Jordan

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Green Lantern / Hal Jordan with sound clips and images.
Franchise: Green Lantern

Hal Jordan is an air force test pilot who was the first human of Earth to ever be inducted into the Green Lantern Corps. He has been called by some to be the greatest Green Lantern of all time and is also a founding member of the Justice League.

He has also been known as Parallax and The Spectre. He also was the first Green Lantern to recite the famous oath that is now said by many other Green Lanterns.

When he first started his training as a Green Lantern, Hal Jordan was trained by Sinestro and Kilowog. As a Green Lantern he is vulnerable to the color yellow.
Created by Foxwolf on Jul 19 2009
Special thanks to Jackson_H, NCZ, Music Meister, solidejake for additional sound clips.
DC Super Friends
Green Lantern / Hal JordanWally Wingert
Wally Wingert
Aquaman (1967)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanGerald Mohr
Gerald Mohr
Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians (1985)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanMichael Rye
Michael Rye
Duck Dodgers (2003)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanKevin Smith
Kevin Smith
The Batman (2004)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanDermot Mulroney
Dermot Mulroney
Justice League Unlimited (2004)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanAdam Baldwin
Adam Baldwin
Justice League Heroes (2006)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanJohn Rubinow
John Rubinow
Justice League The New Frontier (2008)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanDavid Boreanaz
David Boreanaz
Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanLoren Lester
Loren Lester
Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe (2008)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanJosh Phillips
Josh Phillips
Green Lantern: First Flight (2009)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanChristopher Meloni
Christopher Meloni
DC Super Friends (2010)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanGrant Moninger
Grant Moninger
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (2010)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanNolan North
Nolan North
Green Lantern: Rise Of The Manhunters (2011)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanRyan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds
DC Universe Online (2011)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanAaron Mace
Aaron Mace
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (2011)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanNathan Fillion
Nathan Fillion
LittleBigPlanet 2 (2011)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanJoseph May
Joseph May
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (2012)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanCam Clarke
Cam Clarke
Green Lantern: The Animated Series (2012)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanJosh Keaton
Josh Keaton
Justice League: War (2014)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanJustin Kirk
Justin Kirk
The LEGO Movie (2014)
Green Lantern / Hal JordanJonah Hill
Jonah Hill

Comments

bumblebeebug
said at 5:42 PM on Thu Mar 17 2016
Having watched more of his material as Green Lantern, I'm changing to Nathan Fillion. There's a certain charm to his performance that comes across really well.
GreenGoblin75
18. Jonah Hill
19. Grant Moninger
20. Justin Kirk
21. Josh Phillips
Autovolt
said at 6:40 AM on Sat Jan 9 2016
Hal Jordan, my favourite Green Lantern. If their is one thing I like about the current 52 roster, it's that they brought Hal back to the forefront. Hal's been around since the 50's so he's had numerous incarnations over the years and thus a lot of really solid performances.

If I had to with a favourite here, I'd have to go with the majority and go with Nathan Fillion, Nathan Fillion is every fanboy's hero. He's appeared in so many geeky things, he has a fun and fantastic charisma and he's ruggedly handsome (he's said so himself numerous times). I think most fans always wanted Nathan to play Hal in a live-action movie, unfortunately, I think the peak window for that to happen is sadly no longer there however it's always possible with voice acting and man does Nathan rock the role of Hal. I just think this is perfect casting and he fits the character to a tee. He can play him a cool hot shot rookie living life in the fast-lane, or play him as a respectable veteran of the corps for a few years now. This is probably why Andrea Romano gets him to reprise as often as both of them can. Pretty impressive for a non-New 52 nor DCAU casting choice huh?

My next favourite would have to be Josh Keaton from Green Lantern: The Animated Series and for a while now he was my personal favourite, and while I prefer Nathan just a smidge more now, Josh really was a fantastic Hal. GLTAS deserved to go on longer and I think they made Hal a really cool and likeable character in this show. Josh does sound young but he gets the attitude and charisma done perfectly. He works best as a young twenty-something Green Lantern rookie but I'm sure he could deepen his voice just a bit to show his age for a more experienced Hal. Still it's great he often reprises this role for many Lego adaptations.

Another of the stand outs is Michael Rye (one of Starscreamsfans's favourite performers) and I can totally get why this is his favourite Hal. He has that old timey heroic feel back when superheroes were more simpler and not as dark or as complex. I find Rye makes Hal a very likeable and dependable hero. Michael enjoyed playing Hal based on some of the interviews I've found of him and the fact he played him for such a long time in the 70's and 80's till the end of the Superfriends/Super Powers team era showed his dedication. I should mention Grant Moninger does a fantastic homage to Rye, even if it isn't my favourite casting it's nice to see this part of the DC cartoons past hasn't been completely forgotten.

I'm in the minority but I actually liked Ryan Reynolds in the Green Lantern movie, I dunno I just thought he worked well....in fact I actually like the movie. I felt the movie had some awesome casting choices despite the mediocre writing and numerous other issues. I thought Ryan tried his best as Hal despite all the issues and I feel he deserved some credit for working.

I really enjoyed the casting and performances of Wally Wingert, Joseph May, Cam Clarke, Loren Lester, Nolan North, Aaron Mace, Christopher Meloni and Kevin Smith as Hal Jordan, they all work really well despite not having the most material to work with.

I'm not really feeling Gerald Mohr, Adam Baldwin, David Boreanaz, Dermot Mulroney, Josh Phillips or John Rubinow at all as Hal. I feel personally they are miscast.

Justin Kirk really isn't that good. I'm not sure if its the voice or the way Hal is written but I'm not that found of him. I have to see him in a non-52 inspired project first before I'll really judge.

Lastly there is Jonah Hill from The Lego Movie as their own specific version of Hal. He was only casting because he and Channing Tatum (who did Superman) worked together in the directors other hit movie series 21/22 Jump Street, so Jonah as Hal annoys the crap out of Tatum/Superman and for that its hilarious....though he really doesn't fit a traditional Hal at all.

Overall Nathan Fillion is getting my vote but I also really love Josh Keaton and Michael Rye's performances too.

BONUS: For a while now I've wanted to see Kirby Morrow voice Green Lantern if Ocean ever gets the chance to work on a Justice League project. It might be typecasting but I don't care, he has the cool charisma for a role that can be played either as a hot shot rookie or a dependable dedicated member of the team. I also would like to see Crispin Freeman, Matthew Mercer, Robert McCollum, Eric Vale, Chris Cox and Matt Lanter all have a shot as Hal Jordan someday. They all have cool, cocky and likeable type of voices that would fit Hal well.
Lpfan120
said at 8:49 PM on Mon Jan 25 2016
@Autovolt I agree with what you said about Ryan Reynolds and the GL movie.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 9:55 PM on Sat Sep 12 2015
I'll group some actors together in my opinion because I share similar opinions and it would get repetitive to keep repeating them.

Gerald Mohr/Michael Rye: They are similar in that they both are typical 'deep voice hero' that the Super Friends series did. They both also have some awkward and stiff delivery. They work for their era but don't hold up.

Dermot Mulroney / David Boreanaz / Josh Phillips / Adam Baldwin / Nolan North: None of them are bad but their version of the character holds them back. Nolan's take says it best, these guys are playing more of a "beat cop". Not a bad take, some have cool deep or raspy/gruff voices, but they lack a certain charm and come off as too serious.

Kevin Smith / Joseph May / Wally Wingert: They are surprising choices that fit pretty well, the only thing that holds them back is limited material. I think they could really own the role if given another shot at their characters.

Cam Clarke / John Rubinow: The above group had limited material but at least sounded like they had potential. These two, I think would only be okay if given more lines.

Loren Lester / Christopher Meloni: Their alright, not great but not bad at all. Maybe I'd have stronger opinions if they reprise Hal but as of right now I think their decent.

Aaron Mace: He works as a mission giving, background explaining NPC but is a little too generic.

Ryan Reynolds: Ryan proved he is a pretty good voice actor and he was good in the movie (even if the movie wasn't) so I blame direction here. He's not BAD but he seems stiff in some lines. I think he could translate his good performance as Hal into voice acting given another chance.

Nathan Fillion: Nathan is one of everyone's favorites and I think he proves why. He's charming and likable (well, when the writing doesn't butcher Hal) but can give a mentor feel too him. A good performance all around.

Josh Keaton: Another popular and loved performance and it's obvious why. Josh brings his usual charming and snarky voice that he's used before but, as others have said, he does sounds a little too young. Not helped that he's used that voice for teenage characters. That said, I think he handles Hal's emotions better than others. His performance for Hal's more serious moments is really good, especially towards the end of the series. One of the shows major stand outs.

Grant Moninger: A funny kinda satire of the Super Friends acting and voices but is inconstant and forgettable.

Justin Kirk: Looking back, I can hear a LITTLE potential for a more accurate Hal. That said, his voice is too nasally and high which made the times when Hal complained in the movie come off as really whiny. Also, this version was written as a huge a-hole with no charm. Maybe if he got a second shot at Hal he could be SLIGHTLY more fitting but I think he wasn't the right man for the role.

Jonah Hill: He's funny for the kinda 'fan-boy' character the Lego Movie wanted him to be but as a more accurate Hal, he'd be a miscast. However, as a Kyle Rayner I think he'd work pretty well.

Ranking all these actors is a little hard because I grouped so many so I'll just say that I tie Nathan and Josh. I think Nathan has the better voice but Josh the better performance.
Starscreamsfan
said at 5:26 AM on Tue Sep 8 2015
1) Michael Rye: HE IS GREEN LANTERN!!! This is exactly how I imagine Hal Jordan to sound like. Confident, brave, strong yet compassionate and friendly. What's even better is that the pre-Super Powers SuperFriends shows handled GL better than some of the other heroes (*cough* Aquaman *cough*), because he could get out of any situation or predicament faster than any other hero. He also does seem to be having fun playing GL. His Hal Jordan voice was also fine, more subdued but still confident sounding. Once again, a great performance from a great radio legend. "GREAT GALAXIES!!!"

2) Gerald Mohr: As I said before, this Humphrey Bogart look-alike and sound-alike was taken from us too soon, and his Green Lantern role is another example of his great talent. Mohr's Bogart-esque voice is a nice fit for GL, and the way he delivers Green Lantern's will is epic. "LET THOSE WHO WORSHIP EVIL'S MIGHT, BEWARE MY POWER, GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!!!!"

3) Christopher Meloni: Meloni's performance is one of the reasons why I love First Flight. His voice reminds me a lot of Michael Rye's Jack Armstrong, which is pretty fitting for GL in his early days as the Guardian of the Galaxy. A fine performance.

4) Jonah Hill: I really enjoyed Hill as GL. He really sounds energetic, plus, he's having fun. And he also has a pretty cool sounding voice. Another standout from the Lego movie.

5) Adam Baldwin: Like the previous four, Baldwin not only delivers a great performance, but he also has a cool sounding voice that fits the character snuggly. His voice reminds me a lot of Mohr.

6) Nolan North: Maybe I'm biased on this one, because North is a personal favorite modern VA, but I really enjoyed him as GL. Once again, he delivers his lines greatly and his voice is pretty cool.

7) Josh Keaton: Now, I really hated the fact that this show got cancelled so suddenly. I wasn't so sure about Keaton at first, but he really surprised me here. Not only a great performance, but a lot of fun, too.

8) Josh Phillips: Another great performance. Phillips' voice is just so cool sounding and his delivery is pretty solid, too.

9) Cam Clarke: As with all Lego performances, I thought Clarke was a lot of fun as GL. Not much else to say, it's a pretty solid performance.

10) John Rubinow: Sure, it's mostly battle dialogue and orders, but I really like Rubinow here. His take does have potential.

11) Loren Lester: I really kinda like Lester in here. It's a pretty quirky performance. The way he delivers the Green Lantern will is kinda corny, but charming (kinda like Danny Dark's Superman performance in the pre-Super Powers SuperFriends shows).

12) David Boreanaz: He sounds great, and I really like the cool attitude he added to his performance.

13) Nathan Fillion: Like Boreanaz, he's got a really nice cool attitude, and his performance is pretty fitting.

14) Joseph May: I really enjoy his take. It's a lot of fun and very energetic. One of the better performances in that game.

15) Wally Wingert: I really enjoy his take. It sounds pretty confident and full of energy. And you can tell that he's having fun as well.

16) Ryan Reynolds: Surprisingly good. Most modern celebrites are not able to make the transition from live-action to video games, but Reynolds does it greatly, he isn't as monotone as one would expect, he retains the same amount of energy and his delivery of the Green Lantern will is just great.

17) Kevin Smith: It's a really nice performance. He has the same cool attitude and voice as the previously listed performers. And the way he delivers "And, uh.... Can I have my ring back???" is hilarious!!!

18) Dermot Mulroney: Pretty good, but the voice sounds more like Batman than GL. It's still cool, though.

19) Grant Moninger: A pretty nice comedic version of Rye's GL. I really enjoyed Moninger's performance. His voice is pretty inconsistent at times, but it's nothing to be bothered about.

20) Aaron Mace: Decent, but he sounds kinda off at times. Like most DCUO performances, it's alright, but kinda lacking.

21) Justin Kirk: I have no problems with his voice nor his delivery, it's just the personality!!! I mean, like somebody before me said, this is not Hal Jordan, it's just Guy Gardner without that trait that made Gardner fun. In other words, decent performance ruined by abysmal material.
Anicomicgeek
said at 11:30 PM on Mon Sep 7 2015
Sticking with Nathan Fillion, though Wally Wingert was also good.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 7:43 PM on Mon Sep 7 2015
Jonah's funny and fits for what he needs to be.

Wally is a surprising yet super fitting. I hope he gets to do more as Hal.
Shaun Ince
said at 5:43 PM on Mon Sep 7 2015
My favorite Hal Jordan voices are Nathan Fillion, Nolan North, Josh Keaton & Adam Baldwin.
HienFan
16 Ryan Renolds
17 Gerald Mohr
18 Joseph May
19 Justin Kirk
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 11:26 PM on Fri Apr 3 2015
Ugh, I keep going back and forth between Keaton and Fillion. BOTH SOOOO GOOD.
Anicomicgeek
said at 9:31 PM on Fri Jan 23 2015
Justin Kirk wasn't all that good as Hal, he was too whiny, though that might be the writing. Justin May and John Rubinow were okay.

Sticking with Fillion.
Fulgore2005
said at 10:05 AM on Wed Nov 12 2014
As much as I like GL:TAS, no one does a better job than Nathan Fillon IMO.
Netherman14
said at 9:32 AM on Mon Sep 1 2014
There is something I noticed while contemplating Justice League: War, I've noticed that sometimes Hal acts like himself with his true personality, and then Kirk sounds really good, and in the scenes where Hal is given Guy Gardners' personality, this is where he sounds nasally.
Supergirlfan63
said at 4:41 PM on Tue Jul 1 2014
@Supergirlfan63*funny not fummy.
Supergirlfan63
said at 4:40 PM on Tue Jul 1 2014
Adam Baldwin for Post-Crisis, and Loren Lester for pre-crisis. Fummy how they picked Nightwing to play Hal in Brave and the bold.
PacoSlimee
said at 10:07 PM on Thu May 29 2014
I'm probably going to get hate for this, but am I the only one who thinks Fillion is bland and uninteresting?
Netherman14
said at 10:21 PM on Thu Jun 5 2014
@PacoSlimee I agree, he is not really special, I like Keaton better.
TheGreenSpeedster
said at 11:15 PM on Thu Jun 5 2014
@PacoSlimee
I'll admit he was a little bland in Emerald Knights, he was way better in Justice League Doom, at least in my opinion.
PacoSlimee
said at 11:34 PM on Thu Jun 5 2014
@TheGreenSpeedster To each their own.
Lpfan120
said at 5:11 PM on Wed Aug 20 2014
Then let me explain how; If you know Nathan, then you know that how he acts in real life, as a person, is very similar to how Hal acts in the comics. The witty charm and charisma that Nathan naturally gives off is pretty much Hal's character. People vote for him because, in a sense, (but not literally) Nathan IS Hal Jordan.
baronhighwind
said at 7:20 AM on Wed May 28 2014
I voted for Adam Baldwin because he is my preferred Hal Jordan voice actor. I enjoyed his short role in Justice League Unlimited and loved his performance in Injustice: Gods Among Us.
In my opinion my top three are
1. Adam Baldwin
2. Nathan Fillion
3. Josh Keaton
Bookman230
said at 11:58 PM on Tue Apr 15 2014
Much as I love GLTAS, gotta go with Fillion, with Keaton at a close second, and Meloni a decent third. Meloni sounds a bit like Raphael Sbarge to me, which makes me think. Anyone else think Sbarge could be a good Hal?
webmastersage
said at 12:50 PM on Wed Mar 12 2014
Nathan Fillon is Awesome for Hal Jordan's voice!!!!
llawliet159
said at 7:18 PM on Tue Mar 4 2014
In all honesty, I think Nathan Fillion should be Hal Jordan/Green Lantern for a live-action Justice League movie!
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 7:31 PM on Tue Mar 4 2014
@llawliet159

:-P
llawliet159
said at 1:24 PM on Sun Sep 28 2014
@Slick I'm actually happy that Nathan Fillion is voicing Green Lantern again in Throne of Atlantis movie
atlien
said at 7:33 PM on Fri Feb 28 2014
I like Christopher Meloni the best. I also like David Boreanez.
llawliet159
said at 6:10 PM on Tue Feb 4 2014
Joseph May > Justin Kirk. Okay, I admit it. Okay, okay? GOOD.
llawliet159
said at 6:11 PM on Tue Feb 4 2014
@llawliet159 And i'll admit that his take on Hal Jordan is tied with Josh Keaton and Nolan North O:
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:45 AM on Mon Feb 3 2014
Joseph is really good, He might tie with Josh and Nathan for my favorite Hal
PacoSlimee
said at 1:07 AM on Mon Feb 3 2014
Um, wow. Honestly Joseph May sounds almost too good. I'm almost considering changing my vote to him.
llawliet159
said at 2:51 PM on Sat Feb 1 2014
Justin Kirk was freaking annoying as Hal Jordan in Justice League: War...............

Still going with Nathan Fillion as the best, with Josh Keaton and Nolan North as runner-ups.
DravenRoth994
said at 10:48 PM on Thu Jan 30 2014
Now I have nothing against Justin Kirk as I literally never heard of him until JLW, but he was really OBNOXIOUS as Hal!!! He sounds rather miscast in the role, and those were his better moments in the clip? I can't imagine it being any worse but apparently it is. Of course the way Hal was written as well as the material he got doesn't help his case.

Anyway, my vote goes to Christopher Meloni, but Nathan Fillion is very close behind. I also liked Nolan, David, Dermot, Loren, Adam(for his Injustice performance), and Josh as well.
VctrBnsn
said at 10:12 AM on Thu Jan 30 2014
Sigh. Justin Kirk could of been SO much better if he didn't have that stupid New 52 personality.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 5:34 PM on Thu Jan 30 2014
@VctrBnsn Dont know of he has the right voice for Hal.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:00 PM on Wed Jan 29 2014
I actually went out of my way to try and avoid a lot of Hal's more annoying moments in the film for his clip.
That said, Hal mostly whined and complained and Justin's nasally voice made it come off a little annoying. In fact I was reminded of Nostalgic Critics review of Alien Resurrection and everytime I saw Hal I just thought "I better get a snow cone!"
I don't fault Justin, I'm sure he's a fine actor but here's a character who's known for his charm and it seems the movie forgot to give him any. He seemed more like Guy Gardner than Hal.
llawliet159
said at 7:55 AM on Thu Dec 19 2013
I'm going with Nathan Fillion, but Josh Keaton and Nolan North were great too as Hal Jordan!
Lpfan120
said at 9:47 PM on Fri Jun 21 2013
1. Nathan Fillion
2. Chris Meloni
3. Adam Baldwin
4. Dermot Mulroney

I personally think Josh Keaton would make a perfect fit for Kyle Rayner. (voice and maybe live-action too)
Lpfan120
said at 7:27 AM on Thu Jan 30 2014
Josh Keaton thinks so himself too.
skip to 2:20
Deadpool99
said at 3:23 PM on Fri Jun 14 2013
Top three

1. Nathan Fillion
2.Nolan North
3. Josh Keaton
TheGreenSpeedster
said at 2:10 AM on Mon May 6 2013
I'm going with Nathan Fillion but Josh Keaton is a very close second
sck_phantom
said at 12:17 PM on Tue Apr 30 2013
They're all really good, but as a hardcore fan of the animated series, Josh Keaton is definitely my favorite.
bumblebeebug
said at 7:49 PM on Fri Apr 26 2013
Hearing Adam Baldwin's performance in Injustice: Gods Among Us is more than a good enough reason for me to vote for him.
Spider-Fox
said at 6:59 PM on Mon Apr 22 2013
1. Josh Keaton
2. Nolan North
3. Adam Baldwin
4. Cam Clarke
5. Nathan Fillion
(My only experience with the character is with the 2012 animated series so Hardcore GL fans feel free to call me bias/an idiot/stupid etc.)
pokemastanumba1
said at 9:49 PM on Wed Apr 17 2013
Josh Keaton is my favorite, but I also like Loren Lester, Nolan North, and Cam Clarke.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 9:05 PM on Sat Mar 9 2013
Damn it, Bruce Timm. Don't make me like someone that's not Nathan Fillion more as Hal!

Changing my vote to Josh Keaton.
VctrBnsn
said at 4:38 PM on Sun Feb 24 2013
David Boreanaz - An underrated performance. I think he did a good job.
Dermont Mulroney - Another underrated performance.
Loren Lester - OK, nothing special.
Josh Phillips - Sounds like he's sucking helium on opposite day.
Michael Rye - Sounds too much like a superhero stereotype.
Christopher Meloni - A great performance, but all I hear is Detective Stabler.
Adam Baldwin - Just fine for a stand in performance.
Kevin Smith - A funny little cameo that actually kinda works.
Gerald Mohr - Better than Michael.
Nolan North - Although its basically his speaking voice, I always wanted to hear him take a crack at Green lantern, so I can't complain.
Grant Moninger - Meh.
Aaron Mace - not bad, not bad at all.
Ryan Reynolds - Much like his movie performance,
not much to praise. but it sounds like he tried his best.
Nathan Fillion - Almost perfect. I love hearing him voice the character in Robot Chicken as well.
Josh Keaton - Wasn't expecting him to be one of my favorites, but he is.
Cam Clarke - Same problem as Michael and Grant, but I do respect him as a voice actor.
VctrBnsn
said at 11:25 PM on Sat Apr 20 2013
@VctrBnsn They got Adam Baldwin back for Injustice, and I thought he was OK. He sounded a bit too raspy sometimes. Although Phil LaMarr, Alan Tudyk, and Richard Epcar really proved themselves as there respective characters, Adam didn't really change anything.
TheAtticus
said at 1:34 PM on Sat Feb 16 2013
I loved Nathan Fillion in Firefly, so it pains me to say that while he did a good job here, I honestly think that Josh Keaton is the superior Hal Jordan.
Josh really understands the gung-ho nature of the character, and he depicts him to a T.
justicedefender
said at 3:50 AM on Thu Mar 7 2013
@TheAtticus Honestly, if you watch "Justice League: Doom" you get to listen to Nathan give much more to the character...and I have to say that the depth he gives there demolishes Mr. Keaton's performance.
Netherman14
said at 9:41 AM on Mon Sep 1 2014
@justicedefender I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.
TheAtticus
said at 8:07 AM on Sun Oct 26 2014
@justicedefender I did, and you know what... yeah, he does. I change my mind.
MilanTheVillain01
said at 11:38 PM on Sun Jan 20 2013
# 1 - Nathan Fillion.
# 2 - Josh Keaton.
# 3 - Nolan North.
# 4 - Christopher Meloni.
# 5 - Cam Clarke.
# 6 - Adam Baldwin.
# 7 - David Boreanaz.
SpiderDreamer
said at 7:23 PM on Sun Jan 13 2013
Tough call, but I'm gonna have to go with Josh, although David and Chris Meloni are a close second and third. David was great for the 50s Hal Jordan, and effortlessly fit into the period "sound" with the other actors. Meloni brought a lot of charm, wit and intelligence to the proceedings.

But Josh has easily gotten the best modern Hal material to work with, and he's easily added another great heroic performance to his roster.
coolgeek176
said at 6:52 PM on Sun Nov 18 2012
I ike Nathan Fillion the most. Josh Keaton and Christopher Meloni are good too.
Anicomicgeek
said at 2:54 PM on Sat Nov 17 2012
Well, after an archive binge of First Flight, Emerald Knights, and Justice League: Doom, I'm gonna change my vote to Nathan Fillion, though I still think Christopher Meloni is good; it's just I now think Nathan Fillion is better.
TheAtticus
said at 1:51 AM on Tue Oct 23 2012
Half of me wants me to say Keaton; the other wants me to say Meloni.
Sokka2Me
said at 8:12 PM on Mon Oct 15 2012
I want to say Kevin Smith, but Chris Meloni has my vote
Grimlock2814
said at 8:57 PM on Sun Oct 14 2012
hard to say but Keaton, Fillion, and Meloni are my top 3
Patrick
said at 2:33 AM on Mon Sep 10 2012
My favorite is Michael Rye from the Superfriends.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 5:57 PM on Thu Jul 26 2012
Wish Cam went a little higher. Still Josh is once again a perfect fit for a comic character.
Autovolt
said at 2:31 PM on Sat Jul 14 2012
I like Josh Keaton the most.

Though I also like Nathan Fillion, Loren Lester, Nolan North and Christopher Meloni.
Bombermanp
said at 9:36 AM on Thu May 3 2012
....what they can afford to get loren to play hal jordan in brave and the bold but thy cant afford to hire him as nightwing again in anything else? wtf XD keatons got my vote but i do like lorens to
Anicomicgeek
said at 2:51 AM on Mon May 14 2012
@Bombermanp It probably isn't a matter of money, but just wanting someone different to voice Nightwing fr different incarnations.
AMT
said at 11:17 PM on Wed Mar 28 2012
I gotta go with Josh Keaton!
SparklyShake12
said at 1:55 AM on Wed Mar 7 2012
I voted Chris Meloni, but it's a 3-way tie of Meloni-North and Reynolds for me.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 9:57 PM on Sun Mar 4 2012
Josh Keaton was pretty good, but I still say Nathan Fillion's the best.
SmartyBoyboy
said at 7:01 PM on Fri Feb 24 2012
My top 5:
1. Christopher Meloni
2. Loren Lester
3. Nolan North
4. Adam Baldwin
5. Dermot Mulroney
Anicomicgeek
said at 12:52 AM on Sun Feb 12 2012
I really dug Christopher Meloni's Hal, so I'm going with him. That said, I also thoguht Nathan Fillon, Dermot Mulroney, David Boreanaz, and Nolan North were good as Hal, too.
Anicomicgeek
said at 10:10 PM on Sun Mar 4 2012
@Anicomicgeek Still think with Christopher Meloni was the best, but yeah, Josh Keaton was good.
pokemastanumba1
said at 7:35 PM on Tue Feb 7 2012
This is the most ridiculous voice compare I've ever seen. HALF of these guys are D-list Hollywood actors! What's up with THAT? (no offense though)

Anyway, I'm going with Nolan North on this one, even just for looking MORE like the role than the actors from the live-action films. Dermot Mulroney and Adam Baldwin were very good too.
pokemastanumba1
said at 11:37 PM on Mon Mar 12 2012
Josh Keaton is surprisingly very good too; I think he might be my new favorite. :)
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 10:28 PM on Tue Dec 20 2011
Nathan Fillion.
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 2:28 PM on Sun Aug 7 2011
Aaron Mace, Ryan Reynolds and Nathan Fillion now added!
atlien
said at 12:09 AM on Tue Jun 7 2011
I voted Christopher Meloni, but I also like David Boreanaz and Nolan North.
SupremeTarantulas
said at 1:41 PM on Sat Apr 2 2011
I thought Hal didn't appear in the Dcau
FanBoy
said at 5:53 AM on Fri Nov 11 2011
@pete In "The Once and Future Thing," the first season finale of JLU, there was a time travelling supervillain that kept changing history, including Hal being on the team instead of John. He had 2, maybe 3 lines with Adam Baldwin voicing him because he was already doing another character for the epiosde.
SalaComMander
said at 10:53 PM on Thu Mar 10 2011
Does anyone else find it weird that Nolan North has voiced Green Lantern AND Deadpool, and Ryan Reynolds plays Green Lantern AND Deadpool in the movies?
atlien
said at 12:10 AM on Tue Jun 7 2011
@SalaComMander Yes, that's a funny coincidence. It shows how closely related the characters are that the same time of actor could play each.
Aquafox84
said at 9:16 AM on Mon Jun 27 2011
@SalaComManderYep! I've noticed that when Ryan Reynolds was gaining steam as all the "Deadpool to Green Lantern" stuff was starting out. Nolan North still beat out Ryan Reynolds because Hulk Vs. Wolverine and Crisis of two earths were released a lot sooner.
ninjinister
said at 5:54 PM on Tue Oct 18 2011
@SalaComMander Well, as the joke goes, "Nolan North voices everyone".
pokemastanumba1
said at 7:18 PM on Tue Feb 7 2012
@SalaComMander Yeah, it's really funny. I mean, what kind of correlation was Hollywood making between the two? Just by looking at this VC, there's not much resemblance (if any) between the two, and they don't sound anything alike at all.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 8:51 PM on Mon Feb 27 2012
@SalaComMander And there's that alliteration...NN, RR? O_O
dtemplar
said at 8:52 PM on Sun Aug 29 2010
I wonder who's going to voice Hal in Young Justice?
pokemastanumba1
said at 7:24 PM on Tue Feb 7 2012
@dtemplar He's only had a cameo in the series thus far, and probably won't get a speaking role.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 8:52 PM on Mon Feb 27 2012
@dtemplar I remembered reading somewhere that Steve Blum would be voicing him, though I'm not 100% sure.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 5:58 AM on Fri Jul 27 2012
@dtemplar He was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker in the episode "Agendas", though GW said that Hal hasn't officially been cast yet, so chances are that he won't be voicing him in the long run.

dtemplar
said at 1:15 PM on Mon Jul 20 2009
On Michael Rye's VC, when he said, "I know," it sounded more like Adam West's Batman voice than GL's

5th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards BTVA Awards
VOTE NOW!

BTVA Spotlight
SEGA
Week
Born Today, July 28th

Daniel Raymont

Jake Johannsen

Danny Mann

Zarah Little
THE BEST
Who do you think has been the best from these Green Lantern / Hal Jordan voice actors?
David Boreanaz
Justin Kirk
Joseph May
John Rubinow
Jonah Hill
Wally Wingert
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Green Lantern / Hal Jordan Green Lantern style=" on Amazon.com.