Browse VOICE COMPARE
GHIJKLM
NOPQRST
UVWXYZ
OTHER DC UNIVERSE COMPARES
DC Universe

Voice Compare » DC Universe » Blue Beetle / Jaime Reyes

Comparision of the voice over actors who have been the voice of Blue Beetle / Jaime Reyes with sound clips and images.
Jaime Reyes is the third individual to become the Blue Beetle whom made his Comic Book debut in Infinite Crisis #3 back in February of 2006. Jaime Reyes is a Hispanic teenage boy from El Paso Texas and short after he became the new Blue Beetle he got to work with known superheroes such as Batman and Booster Gold. Jaime has had a tendency to bicker with the Blue Beetle Scarab as Jaimes doesn't always have the best sense of control over his suit but over the years Jaime has bonded with the Blue Beetle Scarab more & more. Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes has been a member of Teen Titans and the Justice League and while he normally loves being a super hero he still tries to make time for his beloved family back in El Paso Texas.

Created by Pokejedservo on Sun May 6 2012, 25 Comments, Add Comment
Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008)
Blue Beetle / Jaime ReyesWill Friedle
Will Friedle
Young Justice (2010)
Blue Beetle / Jaime ReyesEric Lopez
Eric Lopez

EDITOR'S OPINION

Alright folks today on the DC Universe VC section we take a look at Jaime Reyes as the third... BLUE BEETLE! Let us begin...

Will Friedle- Will's voice for the role may've been pretty much his Ron Stoppable voice but Will still does a pretty good job in making it work. Will's performance as Blue Beetle was very good as he played Jaime as a naive but well meaning young man whom greatly aspires to be a hero. Its a pretty good example of Will's work and a good example of the voice work on the show.

Eric Lopez-  Eric's voice for the role definitely felt natural right from the start (though the fact that Eric has a Mexican accent does certainly help). Eric's performance for the role is very good as it does suit Blue Beetle's friendly persona pretty well (while suiting the more serious tone for this show). Anyways Eric's VA debut is a pretty good one and its a good example of the voice work on the show.

Overall while both performances are good I will slightly go with Eric a bit more mainly because I like his voice for the role a bit more.

Pokejedservo

Latest Comments

TheVengeanceKnight
said at 8:41 PM on Mon Jan 13 2014
Took me a while for him to grow on me, but I'm changing my vote to Eric Lopez.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 11:05 AM on Mon Oct 14 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Maybe it's cause I watched BatB longer and before Young Justice, I'm more used to Will's take.

Though I definitely see why Eric's take is the more preferred one.
Soldierkei
said at 4:18 AM on Sat Aug 31 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Eric Lopez. And points for actually having the accent.
Anicomicgeek
said at 12:24 AM on Mon Aug 26 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Given he had more to work with, I'm gonna change my vote to Eric Lopez.
sck_phantom
said at 11:32 AM on Tue Apr 30 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
I agree with the editor: Eric Lopez sounds more natural in the role, and Will Friedle just sounds like Will Friedle (in a good way).
VctrBnsn
said at 11:13 PM on Wed Mar 13 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
I think Eric Lopez sounds more natural and is the voice I hear in the comics. Will Friedle comes off to much as a cartoon, so it doesn't sound as natural to me.
PeruAlonso
said at 5:33 PM on Tue Jan 22 2013
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
I think Will Friedle is the #1 voice for Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes.
jon3voices
said at 9:23 PM on Fri Sep 14 2012
yep eric as well
AWIG
said at 6:24 PM on Mon Aug 27 2012
Both are awesome but I had to pick Eric, I keep hearing his type of voice while reading the latest new 52 beetle.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 1:31 PM on Sun May 13 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Will played to more of thr personality of Blue Beatle and is voice comes out naturally. Eric is alright but comes off too raspy though I guess thr accent does work and he does it naturally.
Scorcher56
said at 4:25 PM on Thu May 10 2012
Lopez is awesome.. and has a great mexican accent!
Sahgo
said at 10:43 AM on Tue May 8 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I go for Will. I dunno, he feels very fun in the role, while Eric sounds strangely raspy at times (yes, we haven't heard a lot from him yet, but still).
Anicomicgeek
said at 8:36 AM on Mon May 7 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Both are good as Jaime, but I'm gonna go with Will Friedle--even if it is his Ron Stoppable voice.XD
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 3:46 AM on Mon May 7 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Eric Lopez was good, but I think Will Friedle was better, so I'm voting for him.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 4:16 AM on Mon May 7 2012
@TheVengeanceKnight Bonus points to Will for not having Jaime sounding like his other roles (Terry, Lion-O, Kyle Rayner, Ragnar)
GothamRed
said at 8:23 AM on Mon May 7 2012
@TheVengeanceKnight I voted for him too, but it does sound like one of his other notable roles, Ron Stoppable, but it's not a problem
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 8:32 AM on Mon May 7 2012
@GothamRed I never really watched Kim Possible, so I wouldn't know. =P
pete
said at 3:42 PM on Mon May 7 2012
@GothamRed It's his normal voice. He always uses it for his voice work though sometime it's serious, sometimes it's funny. For Terry Mcginnis he used a bit of both. If you're familiar with him from his sitcom days you would know that
pete
said at 3:44 PM on Mon May 7 2012
@TheVengeanceKnight I've seen mainly promos and commercials with it though I did it watch it occasionally once with my cousins.
GothamRed
said at 7:05 PM on Mon May 7 2012
@pete yup, I know, big fan of boy meets world, but his normal voice is actually closer to terry's speaking voice, the more high pitched jaime voice was really more the voice he grew into when voicing ron more than his normal voice
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 3:18 AM on Tue May 8 2012
@pete I caught a few episodes, but that was before I started paying close attention to voices, let alone caring about voice actors and knowing who Will Friedle was, LOL.
Aquafox84
said at 7:47 PM on Tue May 8 2012
@TheVengeanceKnight flipside though, Terry does give him DC experience which is invaluable as well.
pete
said at 12:18 AM on Mon May 7 2012
Eric and b that I mean Eric Matthews(Will Fredile's chracter on Boy Meets World). It is my favorite sitcom and he was one of the best characters. That and his voice work is always great even if it his regular voice. Plus he just needs some appreciation.
D.A.V.E.
said at 12:03 AM on Mon May 7 2012
I liked Eric from the little we heard of him. Just hope the writers tone down the "eses" and random Spanish, and we're all set.

Will's good too, but his voice is indistinguishable from Ron Stoppable or other similar roles.
Mr.Fennoy93
said at 12:01 AM on Mon May 7 2012
Eric has My Vote.

A favorite Voice Compare
for 2 members.
BTVA POLL
Who do you think has been the best from these Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) voice actors?
Will Friedle