Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Voice Director: Valerie Arem

US Release: Mar 24, 2017
Japan Release: Mar 25, 2017
Europe Release: Mar 24, 2017

Popularity: 429th All Time, 86th This Week

Franchise: Zero Escape
A collection containing an enhanced port of 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (2009) featuring English and Japanese voice tracks for the first time, as well as a port of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games Cast

Comments

ScraftyIsTheBest
said at 7:09 PM on Tue Sep 26 2017
I love this game. I played the original DS game a while ago and it's one of the best games I've played on it. The story is wonderfully written and it's full of twists and turns as well as moments that create a lot of suspense and tension throughout the game, even the multiple endings create suspense and the only way you can solve the mysteries is to play more and go multiple routes throughout the game (and do multiple playthroughs). There are a lot of big twists in the story and it's woven out in a way that makes it an intense, yet very enthralling mystery. The puzzles in the game were a lot of fun to play too and it was challenging, yet fun to play them. Definitely one of my favorite games out there, and a very memorable one to boot. Both the story and the gameplay made amazing use of the DS interface too.

I've started watching playthroughs of the remake, and I must say, the voice acting is pretty well done. The voices sound a bit different from the ones I imagined in my head when I played the original, but they really work for the characters. Evan Smith as Junpei is really good, and definitely did an improved job from ZTD. His performance is really natural and believable, and he really nails Junpei's run-of-the-mill young man personality and his somewhat determined side as well. The other voices are fantastic too, especially Richard Epcar, Taliesin Jaffe, and Valerie Arem, who all did a great job voicing their characters and brought a great deal of personality to them. It's disappointing they had to change the final puzzle in the remake though, since that had a lot of symbolism to it in the OG game when you really think about it. But the voice acting definitely made up for it, and really did add to the experience in a way too. Overall, love this game, and it's one of the best out there.
itsmedeadpool
said at 9:32 PM on Sun Oct 8 2017
@ScraftyIsTheBest I also played this game first on the DS. Out of curiosity, but what ending did you receive first? Mine was the submarine ending where I completely raged afterwards because I didn't know of the possible multiple endings till after the credits.
ScraftyIsTheBest
said at 2:27 PM on Fri Oct 13 2017
@itsmedeadpool

Oops, sorry for the late reply! Took a while for me to see this (wasn't in my notifications).

Anyways. My first ending was actually the knife ending. It was both frustrating and confusing to me since it was such an abrupt bad ending and left a lot unanswered as to what happened at first (though it became obvious what happened after I got the other endings). I was kind of frustrated that I wound up with the knife ending first but I eventually went on and found the right paths to the Safe and True Endings. The knife ending thankfully made it easy to figure out there were multiple endings since it said "Bad End" at the end.
ScraftyIsTheBest
said at 2:31 PM on Fri Oct 13 2017
@itsmedeadpool

Oh, and it also sent chills down my spine when I first witnessed it. I was literally shaken after I saw the knife ending.
Unknownsage13
said at 1:59 PM on Fri Dec 23 2016
Oh snap. Didn't realize some of the actors had been confirmed! Good to see Evan and Rena back.
Curious if Wendee will go for the same voice or try to sound younger. It seems her casting in VLR was one of the more mixed ones (haven't seen anyone say she was bad, just a lot of people seem to think she was miscast). Also curious how she'll sound in Clover's darker moments.

Richard and Sean seem like great picks for Ace and Santa. And it's awesome when you get a chance to hear from Valerie so looking forward to her Lotus.

I'm super excited for this!
greenhill
said at 4:02 AM on Sat Dec 24 2016
@Unknownsage13 For Wendee Lee, sounds like she's going younger, if the clips aksys_june released on twitter are anything to go by. Just scroll down
SNaG
said at 8:51 AM on Fri Dec 23 2016
I've already heard that Sean Chiplock would be Santa, but Richard Epcar and Valerie Arem are fantastic choices for Ace and Lotus. Can't wait for this dub.
Santa