The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
US Release: Oct 29, 2015
Japan Release: Sep 27, 2007

Popularity: 988th All Time, 746th This Week

Franchise: Legend of Heroes
  • Re-released as The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter Evolution
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter Cast

Comments

SNaG
said at 3:06 PM on Sun Apr 9 2017
Oh wow, Troy Baker!

(I'm guessing there were no new battle lines to record in this one?)
SNaG
said at 7:00 PM on Sun Apr 9 2017
@SNaG

Actually wait... Troy Baker and Kirk Thornton are credited as Bleublanc?

Kirk makes sense, and he reprises later in the series, but why is Troy there? Bleublanc didn't appear in FC as far as I know, so it's most likely not old audio... Did Troy actually record new audio for Bleublanc.....?
VaisuKaguya
said at 7:11 PM on Sun Apr 9 2017
@SNaG
I never listened to the English audio for this game but I'm pretty sure Kirk's audio was only added later after he voiced Bleublanc in Sen 2 while Troy was the original voice.
said at 7:27 PM on Sun Apr 9 2017
@SNaG

What happened was for the sake of continuity, there was a patch after the release of Cold Steel II that replaced Bleublanc's lines with new recordings by Kirk Thornton.

Xseed were planning to localize the entire trilogy from the beginning, but various circumstances caused SC and TC to be delayed repeatedly. There's a chance they might've had all the battle dialogue recorded at once, since in the whole trilogy the amount of voiced dialogue is trivial compared to the amount of text needing translation, and it's all reused from game-to-game for returning characters.
SNaG
said at 7:33 PM on Sun Apr 9 2017
@NCZ

Oh OK, that makes total sense. Thanks for clearing that up. That's actually pretty cool that XSEED made a patch for that reason, that's some next level dedication for a such a niche franchise in the west.

(Though I have to admit, I was slightly hopeful that Troy did return...)
VaisuKaguya
said at 7:35 PM on Sun Apr 9 2017
@NCZ
Just to nitpick I think the patch was /before/ the game came out, to tease the new voice.
said at 7:50 PM on Sun Apr 9 2017
@VaisuKaguya

Troo, I was going off memory but double-checking it looks like they did indeed do it in advance.

@SNaG

No problem. Yeah, Xseed's dedication to the series as a whole and keeping the VO consistent is really great. They really care about what they're doing. I heard that for the upcoming PC versions of Cold Steel, they're actually recording dialogue for lines that were originally unvoiced, which is a big plus to me. The constant back-and-forth between scenes being voiced, then suddenly unvoiced, or weirdness like voiced characters having full conversations with unvoiced characters, was pretty jarring.
SNaG
said at 6:46 AM on Mon Apr 10 2017
@NCZ

Yeah, funny you mention that about Cold Steel, that was one of the biggest flaws I found with it. Having random NPCs not have voices in the middle of conversation or Rean not having a voice or voiced characters from Cold Steel I not having voices in Cold Steel II really broke my immersion at times. I probably won't buy the PC version but the fact they're adding more voiced dialogue in the port when they don't even have to is a real sign of goodwill IMO.
Stelman257
said at 8:03 AM on Wed Apr 19 2017
@SNaG @NCZ XSeed have talked on stream about how yeah they dubbed Sky 1, 2 and 3 dialogue all at once since it was just battle lines and it was far more efficient that way. So Troy's voice will be in all three games as Olivier, but of course Matthew Mercer now voices the character in the newer Cold Steel games where he gets a rather significant speaking role.

With Bleublanc the update to change the voice from Troy to Kirk Thornton was partially for consistency, but mostly because the team just loved Kirk's take on the character and wanted to give people a sneak peak as too how he would sound in Cold Steel 2.

I did want to point out a few things though, Kyle Hebert voices Kurz Nardin and Weissman, not Muller Vander. Muller is pretty clearly voiced by Travis Willingham, who also plays Lowe.
SNaG
said at 8:53 AM on Wed Apr 19 2017
@Stelman257

TIL, thanks! Makes sense. And I personally love Kirk's take, he really has fun with the character.
Faved by 1 BTVA Member
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter style=" on Amazon.com.