Street Fighter Alpha 3

US Release: Jun 29, 1998
Japan Release: Jun 29, 1998
Europe Release: 1998

Game Developer: Capcom

Popularity: 533rd All Time, 27th This Week

Franchise: Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 3 gained many new characters across its various home console ports. The Playstation version, released in late 1998, added Dee Jay, Fei Long, T. Hawk, and Guile, along with Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma - all of whom were also present in the later Dreamcast and Sega Saturn versions released in 1999.

In 2001, the Dreamcast version was backported to the arcades as Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper.

The Gameboy Advance version, also titled Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper (2002), kept the PS1 character roster while adding Yun, Maki, and Eagle.

The Playstation Portable version, Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX (2006) maintained the GBA roster while adding Ingrid.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Street Fighter Alpha 3

The Cast

Narrator

Comments

said at 4:28 PM on Mon May 23 2016
We can't upload clips for narrators at the moment, so pretend this is part of the page.

Fulgore2005
said at 4:30 PM on Mon May 23 2016
@NCZ Ha. You certainly know how to celebrate Playstation month.

I've always considered Alpha 3 to be a Playstation game, seeing as it is for the PSX, PSP and in the PS2's Alpha Anthology.
CelestialOuroboros
said at 4:39 PM on Mon May 23 2016
@NCZ YOU HAVE FISTS OF GOD!
said at 5:00 PM on Mon May 23 2016
@Fulgore2005

Oh yeah, definitely the same. Even though the PS1 wasn't quite arcade-perfect compared to the DC and Saturn versions, it was definitely one of Capcom's most competent ports, along with Darkstalkers 3 and Jojo. The PSP version is basically the definitive way to play in my eyes, but the Alpha Anthology is also incredible. I poured so many hours into the game it was unreal. SFA3 is probably one of my top favourite fighting games ever. I just love everything about it, from the awesome sprites and stages to the unorthodox but memorable soundtrack.

@CelestialOuroboros

THAT'S GREAT! SUPER!! EXCELLENT!!!
said at 7:52 AM on Fri Oct 22 2010
They're in the PSP version. The four bonus characters make me wish I had a PSP...
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 12:45 AM on Fri Oct 22 2010
I always knew Eagle was in Alpha 3 but I never heard of Maki and Ingrid.
BTVA Spotlight