Sonic and the Black Knight

US Release: Mar 03, 2009
Japan Release: Mar 12, 2009
Europe Release: Mar 13, 2009

Game Developer: Sonic Team

Popularity: 220th All Time, 272nd This Week

Franchise: Sonic the Hedgehog
The last main Sonic game to use the Sonic X voice cast.

This is the only major Sonic game in which Dr. Eggman does not appear.
Sonic and the Black Knight Sonic and the Black Knight

Sonic and the Black Knight Cast

Comments

Abdullab
said at 2:54 PM on Wed Mar 15 2017
When did Clementine and Kenny met Sonic and Friends, Do I have to wait till Season 2.5 of telltale walking dead
Sonic Knower
said at 1:45 PM on Mon Feb 1 2016
I like Jason better than all the voice actors. Kirk makes Shadow sound like he's 45 and David makes Shadow sound like he's a older than 18/17. I happily have Sonic and the Black Knight,Sonic Colors (voiced by Rodger Craig Smith) Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games and Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. I never EVER lose races on that game. Smith makes Sonic sound like he's older than 15,While Jason makes Sonic sound like he's his age. (15) But I surprisingly like Smith voicing Sonic in Sonic Boom. Fits good for how Sonic looks.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 5:59 PM on Wed Feb 17 2016
@Sonic Knower Technically Shadow is about 45.
SonikkuAensland
said at 4:01 PM on Sat Aug 29 2015
The voice cast here was great and awesome.

In fact my favorite ones go to Merlina (became my favorite humanoid character), Sonic, and Caliburn, but the others did an excellent job.
chaosincarnate
said at 6:59 PM on Thu Feb 13 2014
*Sighs*
It's a shame how when a voice cast finally hits its stride fully, they get replaced immediately afterward.

Every single VA turned in their best performances as every character they voiced. Griffith was flawless here, delivering his lines with sheer confidence and certainty where I could finally, call him a legitimately good voice actor for Sonic. Everyone else, like Lisa Ortiz and Erica Shroeder, were absolutely pitch perfect and turned in their finest roles yet. The presence of veteran VA's like Gavin Hammon and Melissa Hutchinson also added some credibility to this game's voice cast, and they turned in excellent work.

Seriously, I can't find any flaws with this game's voice acting. I started to like Dan Green and Jason Griffith as Knuckles and Shadow (technically), and the voice direction was so much better here. It's a crying shame the 4Kids cast was replaced immediately after this, and it sucks they weren't appreciated more during their later tenure, but hey, at least they left at the top of their game. I salute you, 4Kids cast, for putting so much passion and sincerity into your work this time around.
SpongeBat1
said at 8:29 PM on Sat Mar 29 2014
@chaosincarnate I've noted a similar trend with the Adventure-era cast. I thought Heroes was some of their finer work, and it was the last game (main series-wise) to feature them.

Fortunately, I don't think this trend will continue with the new cast, since they already started out great (except Cindy, but I'm hoping she'll improve come Sonic Boom).
Ross123
said at 3:42 PM on Sun Dec 22 2013
Ah, the final game to feature the 4Kids cast (except Mike). I know it seems very unrealistic & unlikely but there might be a day that they'll return. I'm just trying to think positive about the future that's all.

And who knows, there might even be a day when the original Sonic cast return (except Deem Bristow & the child actors, obviously). Again thinking positive.

Yeah, i'll just go with what I said to start off with. Very unrealistic & unlikely to ever happen.
HienFan
said at 4:23 AM on Fri Aug 1 2014
@Ross123 Sounds like how I want Erica Shroeder to voice Monkey D Luffy from One Piece again

But knowing internet, the rabid Funimation fans are going to kill me

Same with the rabid current Sonic voices
Ross123
said at 4:37 AM on Fri Aug 1 2014
@HienFan Yeah, it's best be careful. You never know who's reading. The rabid Sonic voices could be out for payback for comments like mine for all we know.
HienFan
said at 5:59 AM on Fri Aug 1 2014
@Ross123 That's why I never comment on any stamp supporting something I don't(sorry Funimation One Piece I do like some voices but not everyone especially not Zoro)

Not all of the Sonic voices are perfect that I can say but I 4Kids has a slight edge for me(past with Cream's SHRIIIIILL voice, 4Kids with Vector in Shadow, later Omega, current uber cheesy Jet) but whatcha gonna do
Edork42
said at 10:13 PM on Wed Dec 12 2012
With an exception to Knuckles, the 4kids cast really out did themselves. This may be their best work ever!
Werehog655
said at 11:12 AM on Thu Aug 18 2011
The best voice acting I've heard ever!! You will always be my favorite Sonic cast, 4kids cast.
Sonic_Blaze
said at 2:32 PM on Tue Apr 12 2011
this game was more fun than secret rings story control wise. Farewell 4kids group (except Mike Pollock) we shall miss you all.
Truesonic
said at 5:28 PM on Sun Feb 13 2011
Yep that's right basically

Sonic Unleashed - was the last main game to feature The 4Kids Cast

Sonic And The Black Knight - was the last Spin off game to feature 4Kids Cast

Mario And Sonic At The Winter Olympic Games/Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing - Were the last games to have Sonic characters voiced by the 4Kids Cast (2005- Late 2010) I still miss them very much :(
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016