Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Franchise: Sly Cooper
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Cast

Comments

A-Log
said at 10:17 PM on Sun Jun 12 2016
Ok, this is bugging me. Why are the majority of the cast L.A. actors who are unionized, while the main ones (sans Carmelita) are voiced by Seattle based actors? Did they run out of actors from Washington state to do the roles?
The Doctor
said at 7:08 PM on Tue Jul 19 2016
@A-Log Honestly, I think that it was simple matter of wanting well-known cast (by the voice actor standards), but also keeping the main characters the same (except Carmelita, who always changes).
The Ear of One
said at 7:43 AM on Sat Aug 1 2015
the voice cast felt more polished then ever.
I only had two complain.
if they made a sly 5 then at least give him a new One.
the other was, well Murray.
other then that this really was awesome as a game.
The Doctor
said at 2:12 PM on Fri Sep 26 2014
Was anyone else bothered by how female characters (especially Carmelita) where handled in this game?
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 2:44 PM on Fri Sep 26 2014
@The Doctor
You mean like how Carmelita had to belly dance?
The Doctor
said at 3:07 PM on Fri Sep 26 2014
@Music Meister Yeah! As someone who grew-up with Sly 2 and 3, I didn't really care for Carmelita's only mission in Arabia being her getting sexsualised. Also not big fan of her shorts and high-heels (what happened to her much more practical pants and boots?), her having hardly any role in the overall story and being the-damsel-in-distress during the final level. It felt like Sanzaru had no idea what to do with her, but they couldn't just leave her out, since that would have made fans even angrier.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:37 PM on Fri Sep 26 2014
@The Doctor
I guess they felt they had to appeal to the Fury group some how.

It's not help that the other two females weren't exactly "amazing" characters anyway.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 9:47 PM on Fri Sep 26 2014
@The Doctor I also didn't like how they changed Carmelita from a tough, cool woman into a kind of generic, stereotypical, whiny motor-mouth kind of character. Okay, maybe that's exaggerating a bit, but I thought she was pretty annoying in this game and out of character.
The Doctor
said at 11:51 PM on Fri Sep 26 2014
@Music Meister That wouldn't suprise me. Remember those posters in the Geisha house?

Agreed. I could have accepted Penelope's betrayal, if she had motivation that fitted her character, but nope! She got completely re-written from cheerful and positive girl, whose biggest crime was cheating a little in flight competition, to sarcastic and violent psychopath, who wants to make a fortune selling weapons. WTF!? If they really couldn't think anything to do with her, there was much better ways to write her out of the gang. How about having her be the one whose stays in the present day to monitor how the gang is progressing, instead of Dimitri?

And while none of the villains were all that memorable to begin with (except Grizzly who was hilarious. Mostly thanks to Fred's amazing voice work), it does feel little iffy that she has no other goal than making her "boyfriend" happy.
The Doctor
said at 11:57 PM on Fri Sep 26 2014
@PsychicVoiceSpy I can kinda understand that this was first time when the writers had to write Carmelita and Sly as a couple and they still needed some kind of conflict between the two. I however agree with you that making Carmelita constantly yelling was not right way to do it and it got really old really fast.

Shame, because Grey DeLisle is easily the best actress out of the four who have played Carmelita.
The Doctor
said at 11:59 PM on Fri Sep 26 2014
@Music Meister Note! I was talking about Miss Decibel at the end!
The Ear of One
said at 7:41 AM on Sat Aug 1 2015
@The Doctor nope the only complain I had was Penelope. Carmelita may have been a complainer but she still kicked as when she wanted.
vgiannell5
said at 1:55 PM on Sun Feb 2 2014
The only thing I didn't like about this game was Penelope's betrayal.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 2:30 PM on Sun Feb 2 2014
@vgiannell5 There are quite a few things I didn't like about this game, but I agree with you. I felt that was an awfully forced twist.
Ross123
said at 11:56 AM on Sun Nov 10 2013
It took a while to make this but it is a really fun game. Shame I didn't sign in to this site at the time it came out but what the hell, I get to talk about the game now & how good it is.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 6:54 PM on Fri Feb 8 2013
I don't have a PS3 so I'm really sad that I won't get to play this.
D.A.V.E.
said at 5:04 PM on Fri Feb 8 2013
I gotta say, this game had some great voice acting, even better than the first. Even Penelope's VA, who grated on me at times, did a lot better in this one. Though I wonder why Dimitri was credited even though he didn't speak.

P.S. "El Jefe" only has one "f". :P
said at 5:21 PM on Fri Feb 8 2013
@D.A.V.E. Haven't played the game (or any of the Sly games, in fact), but sometimes a VA might record lines for a character but then they get cut late in development; so late that the credit remains. As for El Jefe, I added it based on the way it was spelled in the credits. I'll fix it if it's wrong.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 3:28 PM on Fri Feb 8 2013
I've only started playing this and I gotta say this is the best Sly Cooper game. It takes everything from the first series and polishes them, hell Kevin Miller use to sound awful as Sly and now he's so good I thought it was a new actor (sounded like James Arnold Taylor to me at times). I can't wait to play more
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 11:03 PM on Thu Feb 28 2013
@Music Meister I disagree with Kevin sounding awful in the old games. Looking back his old work is somewhat underwhelming compared to now, but I don't see anything about it that's awful. I still enjoy his role even in the first game.
Tennessee Kid Cooper
Sly Cooper
El Jefe
Carmelita Fox
The Grizz
Carmelita Fox
Carmelita Fox

Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time characters.