Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

Franchise: Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Cast

Comments

Soul-dragon
said at 4:28 PM on Mon Oct 2 2017
Well, it turns out that the reason Erica Lindbeck was cast as Futaba was because of her performance as Asahi here. Wonder if the same can be said for Mercer, Mobus and Mittelman.
SNaG
said at 5:24 PM on Thu Nov 3 2016
While it's disheartening to me that some roles were recast (Navarre, Nozomi) all of the voice actors do an excellent job and it's a really lively dub!
Sentinel07
said at 12:17 AM on Sun Oct 9 2016
I'm feeling pretty strongly that Toki is Cassandra Lee Morris.
HylianBelmont
said at 6:20 AM on Sun Oct 9 2016
@Sentinel07 I do recall hearing some of Cassandra's usual undertones in the trailer, so I suppose you may be right there!
Unknownsage13
said at 2:34 AM on Sun Jan 22 2017
@Sentinel07 I strongly agree with this. Playing the game now.
sanityismadness
said at 2:17 PM on Wed Sep 21 2016
Not only did they ruin Nozomi's design, but they replaced Laura Bailey. With. Karen friggin' Strassman.

Uuuuugggggghhhhhh.
said at 2:46 PM on Wed Sep 21 2016
@sanityismadness Laura Bailey wasn't her original VA.
sanityismadness
said at 5:30 AM on Thu Sep 22 2016
@NCZ I suppose it wasn't ever confirmed, but you tell me who this was then.
said at 8:05 PM on Thu Sep 22 2016
@sanityismadness

Hmmm, you know what? On second thought, I think I just made a lapse in judgement.

Last night I made a writeup in the forums for the VAs in SMT IV and Apocalypse. I checked on a bunch of the characters and offered my thoughts, and this was pretty late at night too so by the end my brain was fried.

But now that I've listened again today with a cleared conscience, I think it really is Laura, actually. It sounds too much like her in parts to be anyone else. I think there were just a couple bits that threw me off, but the overall voice, rhythm, delivery, etc. is too much like her.

I'm pretty familiar with her voice so I have no clue why I seemed so convinced it wasn't. I apologize for the confusion.
kb24lol
said at 10:46 AM on Sat Sep 24 2016
@sanityismadness Karen is a really good VA tho, I think Laura has the edge but Karen is really versatile.
Unknownsage13
said at 11:31 PM on Tue Oct 4 2016
@sanityismadness I think it was simply a matter of Laura saying no. She has been busy with a bunch of bigger better paying assignments.
sanityismadness
said at 1:39 PM on Wed Oct 19 2016
@NCZ No worries. I was totally prepared to be wrong. I'm just a pretty big fan of Laura's, so I would've been disappointed in myself to have heard her where she wasn't :P

@kb24lol I'll... just have to disagree with you there. I don't like Strassman at all, personally. Probably just my taste, since a lot of people seem to like her. (Only role she's ever done that I liked was Nanako in P4.)

@Unknownsage13 Yeah, I know... *sigh* I wish her all the best, of course. I'll just keep watching Critical Role and look into getting that Saints' Row game she's in :P
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 5:56 PM on Thu Oct 20 2016
@sanityismadness There's loads of anime she did in the 2000's/early 10's.A decent handful of good ones in there. Tiger & Bunny is great.
SNaG
said at 3:04 PM on Tue Sep 20 2016
I do enjoy Sean's take but I'm saddened that Liam O'Brien didn't return. Love all the fresh(er) talent though!
Unknownsage13
said at 4:56 AM on Tue Nov 29 2016
@SNaG That recast surprised me. I'm gonna guess he was just busy? Cuz Liam does seem like he usually has no problem reprising roles.
SNaG
said at 8:53 AM on Tue Nov 29 2016
@Unknownsage13 Probably. Except for Archer (which was a result of a large set of recasts on Aniplex's part) he generally reprises roles, so he probably was busy. He did say in an ANNCast that it's the reason he doesn't do as many anime dubs as he used to, so it might extend to game dubs too.

I mean, Sean Chiplock did a great job, don't get me wrong, but the recast was surprising, like you said.
ScraftyIsTheBest
said at 5:56 PM on Wed Dec 7 2016
@SNaG Yeah I think he was probably busy. He gets a lot of AAA video game work these days not only as an actor, but also as a voice director. He's been doing more work lately as a VO director in high profile game titles (Sam Riegel does something similar for western animation), and doing voice work for video games as well. Not to mention he also does stuff for Geek and Sundry (Critical Role) and has a family to tend to, so scheduling is likely much harder for Liam to handle nowadays with all of that in his hands.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 12:11 AM on Mon Dec 19 2016
@ScraftyIsTheBest I see too much promotion for me to believe the G&S stuff is unpaid or lower-paid, but my assumption is that it isnt as big a deal as their Twitter would have you believe. I dont know if there's a ton of time that it requires to be put into it.
King Marth 64
said at 2:09 PM on Sun Jun 12 2016
I heard from the latest trailer that Asahi sounded a lot like Alexis Tipton and I did heard Flynn did made good speaking role in this game, I think I need to finish Shin Megami Tensei IV before receiving Apocalypse in this Christmas or buying in the eShop if Atlus doing an another sale in the future.
FUNiman
said at 8:17 AM on Fri Apr 15 2016
Navarre being upgraded to combat partner is awesome, hopefully Liam O'Brien will be back cuz he rocked that character.
Marakutanay
said at 5:20 PM on Mon Apr 18 2016
@FUNiman Let's hope that everyone returns.
King Marth 64
said at 2:10 PM on Sun Jun 12 2016
@Marakutanay I did heard Isabeau and Flynn looked like it remained the same in the latest trailer.
ErronDio
said at 1:45 PM on Wed Oct 7 2015
Whaaat!? When did this become a thing!?
said at 2:14 PM on Wed Oct 7 2015
@ErronDio Pretty much... now. It was just announced in this week's Famitsu.

It's indeed a full sequel to SMT4!
Hallelujah