Ratchet & Clank (2016)

Ratchet & Clank (2016)
US Release: Apr 12, 2016
Europe Release: Apr 15, 2016

Game Developer: Insomniac Games

Popularity: 319th All Time, 113th This Week

Franchise: Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank (2016) Ratchet & Clank (2016)

Ratchet & Clank (2016) Cast

Comments

WrightWay
said at 11:49 PM on Mon Apr 17 2017
I found a pretty interesting comparison video someone made between the 2002 Ratchet & Clank Game and the 2016 Ratchet & Clank Reboot here:

I don't agree with all their points, but some are pretty valid, especially the ones about the music not being as memorable, and the nonstop taking in the game in particular, wasn't quite as effective as the silence in combat mode in the old game.

Still, I thought it was a cool plot twist they did at the end with Dr. Nefarious turning Drek into a sheep betraying him here, actually, and the whole Galactic Rangers thing was somewhat interesting. It's not a bad reboot to me, I've seen other franchises handle it far worse, but it could've been better.
Troodon2
said at 8:47 AM on Thu Apr 21 2016
I do hope Slim Cognito is in the movie. It should help Patrick Seitz expand more to the audience.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 1:59 PM on Sun May 1 2016
@Troodon2 Amen. He's a good VA who needs better jobs IMO.

BTW this was cast by Ned Lott, who's worked on plenty of (albeit higher-level) dubbing stuff, & plenty of Marvel titles (which are recorded at Studiopolis).

This might explain Sam, Travis, Alli, & especially Patrick being in this game.

Regardless of their game prevalence in general, it's unusual that the four of them are *together* in *multiple* roles here.

It's pretty cool, & hopefully they'll be brought back for the movie, as Roger Craig Smith (who also originated in dubbing) was.
Troodon2
said at 12:15 AM on Mon May 2 2016
@huzaifa_ahmed Nvermind, turns out this was a Vancouver based production, so the adr was provided by Canadian voice actors.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 12:42 AM on Mon May 2 2016
@Troodon2 As interesting as that is, how exactly does it relate to the topic?

I mean, the VA's in this are still American.
Troodon2
said at 11:15 AM on Mon May 2 2016
@huzaifa_ahmed Because it turns out that none of the voice actors here, save for the main cast are the same as in the film, and Slim isn't even in the film at all.
BronyLove
said at 6:38 PM on Sun Apr 17 2016
Been enjoying the heck the out of this game. I see they kept three pf the celebrity actors from movie it's based directly on. I found Bella Thorne's delivery to be a bit flat as Cora, not too bad but shoe could've been better especially her being an actual fan of the game.
The Doctor
said at 9:18 AM on Thu Jul 30 2015
While I'm sure that this is going to be entertaining game, I'm not fan of them remaking the first game. Apparently the reason is that they want to make the story closer to the movie, so the movie can be [semi-]canon. So what are they going to do, if the movie is successful enought to warrant a sequel? Will they remake the second game too? If the second movie is also success, is the third game going to be next and so on?

R&C games have dam solid writing and it's kinda a shame to see them to be rebooted for a new "movie synergy friendly" continuity", before they even resolved Ratchet's quest to find lombaxes.

I dunnno. I know that I'm making a lot of assumptions, but I can't help it. This just doesn't feel right to me. Why can't the games and movies just be their own separare entities?
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 1:52 PM on Thu Jul 30 2015
@The Doctor I'm hoping that this is the only remake they're doing. If they just make this one as an alternate, more detailed origin story to the rest of the series, then that actually sounds pretty cool to me! But rebooting the whole series? No thanks.
said at 3:08 PM on Thu Jul 30 2015
I've never heard of a single game series rebooting itself and/or remaking every single game in the series without additionally making new titles as either supplements or (more frequently) the main attraction. I think we'll be fine.
vgiannell5
said at 1:13 AM on Tue Apr 12 2016
@NCZ I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Chances are, they may decide to reboot the entire series.
said at 7:30 AM on Tue Apr 12 2016
@vgiannell5 By all accounts, this is the best game in the series in a long time. Even if they do end up having the rest of the series follow in its vein, I think that will end up being a good thing.
The Doctor
said at 9:57 AM on Sun Apr 17 2016
@NCZ Haven't played the game myself yet, so can't give any in-depht opinions, but I'm sure that we could have great games without the need to remake all of the previous games. I can't be only R&C - fan who wants to see a resolution to the original story, before they start a brand new one.
said at 10:10 AM on Sun Apr 17 2016
@The Doctor

There seems to be a lot of things going on here.

This game was never marketed or designed as a reboot. it was always, from the start, a reimagining of the first game designed both to tie in with the movie, and give the series a bit of a fresh start after it lost its way a bit with the post-Future games.

At the absolute most this'd be a soft refresh of the series and a launching pad for a new direction of some sort. They're not going to reimagine every game. That's not happening. No reason for it and it's a waste of time and resources.
Ratchet
Clank
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Ratchet & Clank (2016) characters.
Slim Cognito
Slim Cognito
Blarg Scientist
Blarg Scientist
Starlene
Starlene
Wendel Lumos
Wendel Lumos
Mayor Buckwash
Mayor Buckwash
Skidd McMarx
Skidd McMarx
CHECK OUT ALL 8 VOICE COMPARES »
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Ratchet & Clank (2016) style=" on Amazon.com.