Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice

US Release: Sep 08, 2016
Japan Release: Jun 09, 2016
Europe Release: Sep 08, 2016

Game Developer: Capcom

Popularity: 263rd All Time, 114th This Week

Franchise: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Cast

Comments

Fulgore2005
said at 11:35 AM on Sat Oct 15 2016
Such a great game. Having a hard time deciding whether this or Trials & Tribulations is my favourite in the series.
WrightWay
said at 9:37 PM on Tue Oct 18 2016
@Fulgore2005
I'd say most of the Ace Attorney fandom would agree with your assessment (my favorite game in the Series is a mostly disliked one, however). I think Turnabout Revolution is one of the best cases the Series has ever seen, however: it's definitely on par with Bridge to the Turnabout.
WrightWay
said at 12:37 AM on Thu Oct 13 2016
I found this quote from the game pretty great:

"I want to teach others everything you've taught me about becoming a lawyer, Mr. Wright. Dhurke's roadmap for the future...and your teachings...I believe that these two things will save the people of this kingdom from further unrest. I want to do this...no, I have to do this!"

-- Apollo Justice

It really shows how far the character came over the course of the second trilogy of Ace Attorney.
FUNiman
said at 11:35 PM on Mon Oct 24 2016
@WrightWay Always thought Apollo Justice was kind of a poor man's Phoenix Wright until this game. Really comes into his own in SoJ.
WrightWay
said at 10:53 PM on Thu Nov 3 2016
@FUNiman
Same here. This theme playing during the scene definitely added to the feels, though.

Unknownsage13
said at 8:57 AM on Tue Oct 11 2016
I wish this one had more spoken dialogue like the Layton spin-off did. It was cool how the opening dialogue of the court case, the witness introductions, and the guilty party's testimony breaking down were all spoken in that.
Especially with how great the cast of this game are.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 6:44 AM on Mon Oct 3 2016
I will love this game forever for one reason alone. We got to hear Jamieson Price yell objection.
HylianBelmont
said at 6:46 AM on Mon Oct 3 2016
@Nightmare Crusher I haven't heard that yey but Jamieson Price yelling "Objection!" sounds like a pretty good time tbh!
HylianBelmont
said at 7:02 AM on Mon Oct 3 2016
@HylianBelmont *Yet
Fulgore2005
said at 9:09 AM on Mon Oct 3 2016
@Nightmare Crusher It's funny, I always think he'd be a perfect choice for Manfred von Karma.
SNaG
said at 9:40 PM on Mon Oct 3 2016
@Fulgore2005 I think Richard Epcar is great there myself.

But yeah, Jamieson's Objection is really amazing. 10/10.
WrightWay
said at 1:56 AM on Thu Oct 13 2016
@Nightmare Crusher
The Moderato and Pursuit themes are pretty great in this game, too.
said at 7:17 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
Copypasting from another page...

Not in reference to any particular incident but just as a general statement.

We keep up with VO information. You don't need to constantly post tweets going "OMG X ACTOR WAS JUST CONFIRMED" 2 seconds after said tweet was made. This applies to all anime dubs, game dubs, etc. Thanks.
SNaG
said at 8:39 AM on Fri Sep 9 2016
@NCZ I know very much that I am guilty of this so sorry for that. Is there a proper protocol at all in the event that the admins miss something or are slow to react?
said at 10:52 AM on Fri Sep 9 2016
@SNaG

Ahhh, don't worry about it. I feel guilty about having to say it myself. Really, I don't mean to call anyone out or be negative at all, it's just so people can know that yes - we're paying attention.

Okay, so generally, the soft advision is to give a few days (a week max). After that the best thing to do is go into the forums and create a request thread.

Okay for reference, here is my process:

(If a game doesn't have credits)

1. Go on twitter and look around for confirmations
2. Hit up fan forums/wikias and see what people are guessing.
3. Check out videos and such to see for myself. Sometimes I do that step second and then use fan references as a comparison with what I think.

Rinse and repeat.
SNaG
said at 2:12 PM on Sat Sep 10 2016
@NCZ Thanks!
TheCsaur24
said at 12:38 PM on Thu Aug 25 2016
Dubbed prologue is here! Pretty good, I must say. Some stray observations based on voice acting alone:
-The narrator here sounds like either Michael McConnohie or Jamieson Price.
-Nayuta sounds like a mix of Johnny Yong Bosch and Todd Haberkorn.
-If that's not Troy Baker as Blackquill (as was thought in Dual Destinies), then who is it?
-Can't really tell if that's Dave B. Mitchell returning as the Judge, but if it is, he sounds great!

That's all I can think of for now. Can't wait till this game comes out!

P.S. I'm still holding out on Cristina Vee as Trucy, but I'll be fine if who we get is different.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 1:22 PM on Thu Aug 25 2016
@TheCsaur24 The narrator is Jamieson Price, doesn't sound anything like Michael McConnohie.

Don't really recognize Nayuta, it's not Johnny Yong Bosch.

I don't know who plays Blackquill, it was never Troy Baker.

The Judge is still Dave B. Mitchell.
Parkreiner
said at 7:08 PM on Thu Aug 25 2016
@Nightmare Crusher Yeah, the narrator's Jamieson. Nayuta's Matt Mercer. Ahlbi sounds like Michelle Ruff. And Blackquill's actor seems to be reprising; it's just that it was never Baker in the first place.

And for what it's worth, the Khura'in judge sounds a bit like Kyle Hebert. He's clearly already in as the guard extra at the beginning. Edgeworth was already featured in some of the pre-release media, so there's a good chance that they would need to get him in already.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 7:22 PM on Thu Aug 25 2016
@Parkreiner Dave B. Mitchell is playing both Judges. Kyle's only role in the short is the guard.
Unknownsage13
said at 8:09 PM on Sat Aug 27 2016
@Nightmare Crusher yeah I think a lot of people just thought it was Troy Baker using his Pain voice. Another guess people had was J Michael Tatum using his Scar voice but I don't imagine him going to LA just to record a couple words.
SNaG
said at 8:35 PM on Sat Jul 2 2016
I'm kinda glad they got someone for Maya who doesn't do a standard anime voice. That was a strength of Samantha Dakin in PL vs PW and I'm glad that Capcom (though probably inadvertently) extended that in their casting.
said at 7:40 PM on Mon Jul 4 2016
@SNaG Yeah, on one hand, it surprised me that she didn't sound how I expected, but I like that they're at least going outside the box.
SNaG
said at 9:23 PM on Mon Jul 4 2016
@NCZ Yeah, it's a pitch lower than my headcanon, but the attitude and delivery are pretty on point in my opinion.
DravenRoth994
said at 1:42 AM on Wed Jul 6 2016
@SNaG Agreed! Lower than I was expecting, but it still fits Maya like a glove.
Dee15gon
said at 8:38 PM on Thu Aug 18 2016
@SNaG Abby Trott is new to me. But I've heard her before in Seven Deadly Sin and as the titular character, Miss Monochrome.
Unknownsage13
said at 7:10 PM on Sat Jul 2 2016
I saw a dub trailer today. Maya sounds familiar but can't put a name to it.
SNaG
said at 8:30 PM on Sat Jul 2 2016
@Unknownsage13 https://twitter.com/AbbyLeeTrott/status/749375531825541120
Unknownsage13
said at 10:28 PM on Sat Jul 2 2016
@SNaG Ok. Apparently I don't know who Maya is, lol. I guess it's just one of those voices.
SNaG
said at 7:29 PM on Thu May 26 2016
Orion's confirmed to be back too? Nice.
KnightValores
said at 6:20 PM on Wed May 11 2016
WOO! Rayfa sounds exactly like Brina Palencia!!!
Unknownsage13
said at 8:10 PM on Sat Aug 27 2016
@KnightValores oh didn't notice someone already posted this.

Yeah I'm playing demo now and since I can hear a bit more of her it sounds like Brina to me
PsychBoy19
said at 3:45 PM on Wed May 11 2016
Im gonna guess either Cristina Vee or Christine Marie Cabanos will voice Maya and Cassandra Morris will voice Ema. Dunno why, just seem to fit those characters
TheCsaur24
said at 6:23 PM on Fri May 13 2016
@PsychBoy19 Cassandra Morris is exactly who I had in mind for Ema, though I imagined that Cristina Vee would be good for Trucy. Admittedly, I haven't heard much of Christine Marie Cabanos, though she might work.
SNaG
said at 11:30 AM on Wed May 11 2016
Nice to hear Sam back, and pretty sure I heard Brina as Rayfa. Hope the rest of the cast from Dual Destinies returns, and I'm super pumped to hear the voices of returning cast members.
KnightValores
said at 6:21 PM on Wed May 11 2016
@SNaG Yea that's definitely Brina
Jessica Marra
said at 9:47 AM on Wed May 11 2016
YAY! Sam is back as Phoenix Wright! XD
HylianBelmont
said at 9:40 AM on Wed May 11 2016
It's nice to hear that Sam is back as Phoenix Wright!
yugimon135
said at 5:19 PM on Thu Apr 7 2016
I wonder will ever Maya meet Ema.
DravenRoth994
said at 10:17 PM on Thu Mar 10 2016
Finally, Maya is back!! I could have sworn they said Dual Destinies was the last one, but nonetheless, I'm looking forward to this!
Fulgore2005
said at 12:51 AM on Fri Mar 11 2016
@DravenRoth994 Nice to see a Fey return. Would love to have more Pearl and Iris, but that probably won't happen.
SNaG
said at 7:56 PM on Sun Mar 6 2016
Yesss, Maya is back! Looking forward to this dub; hope Sam takes the reins again as director.
Miles Edgeworth
Apollo Justice
Maya Fey
Dhurke Sadmadhi
Nayuta Sadmadhi
Rayfa Padma Khura'in
Phoenix Wright
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice characters.
Apollo Justice