Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

US Release: Oct 24, 2013
Japan Release: Jul 25, 2013
Europe Release: Oct 24, 2013

Game Developer: Capcom

Popularity: 201st All Time, 506th This Week

Franchise: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies Cast

Comments

WrightWay
said at 11:43 PM on Wed Oct 12 2016
This game has a pretty great Investigation theme and Logic theme, even if they're played frequently. It was nice to see a female lawyer introduced as well like Athena, and to see Phoenix regain his badge etc. Apollo was also fleshed out a lot more compared to Apollo Justice.

The Nine Tales Vale case was pretty meh, though, but every game has a case like that, so it make sense.
Phoenix Wright 999
said at 1:25 PM on Fri Sep 18 2015
I really loved the voice of Sam Riegel an Orion Acaba for Phoenix and Apollo and I hope they return in the new game as well.Based on my experience with Tales of Xillia 2 I think the voice of blackquill is Michael J Tatum than Troy Baker
Animefan981
said at 10:56 AM on Mon Mar 2 2015
I loved Athena as a new addition to the Phoenix Wright series! Also, I enjoyed how she brought technology and psychology into the courtroom as well as her interesting mood matrix. I hope there's a sequel to this with the same trio of lawyers on the Wright Anything Agency team!
TaylorJosephB
said at 9:54 PM on Mon Mar 31 2014
Though I'm not entirely sure it's accurate, the Ace Attorney wiki says Troy Baker voiced Simon Blackquill. To my ear, though, it sounded more like J Michael Tatum.
DravenRoth994
said at 10:28 PM on Sat Jan 25 2014
One thing is for sure, Apollo is my favorite now after playing this game. Phoenix is awesome as always, don't get me wrong. Athena is also a great addition to the cast as well(I still miss Maya though), but I loved the way he was developed here(ironically he got more of it here than his OWN GAME), and the lengths he went to solve his best friends murder. Orion Acaba's performance certainly helped too
Regomania
said at 4:13 PM on Tue Nov 19 2013
Isn't J Michael Tatum in this game? I'm pretty sure he is..
Nightmare Crusher
said at 4:17 PM on Tue Nov 19 2013
@Regomania As who and according to who? It seems pretty unlikely that he would be in this.
Stelman257
said at 3:11 PM on Tue Nov 19 2013
Pretty much everywhere on the net is saying Troy Baker is Simon Blackquill. Someone want to ask the guy on twitter or something? He hasn't denied it if that means anything.
said at 3:16 PM on Tue Nov 19 2013
@Stelman257 I don't have the game yet, but based on the clips I've heard it doesn't sound like him to me. I'll try asking Gideon Emery.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 3:20 PM on Tue Nov 19 2013
@NCZ His only voiced dialogue was in the trailer that someone posted earlier, aside from his objection and the silence clip.
DravenRoth994
said at 2:53 PM on Tue Nov 19 2013
I heard Troy Baker is Simon but there hasn't been any confirmation as far as I know. If it is him then I can totally hear it. He could also be Florent L'Belle because when he spoke, he sounded like Helmeppo.
DravenRoth994
said at 4:14 PM on Sat Nov 23 2013
@DravenRoth994 Scratch that, after listening again it might not be him.
DravenRoth994
said at 10:22 AM on Thu Nov 14 2013
I am currently on case 5. I am really warming up to Kyle as Edgeworth. My only real gripe is when he says Objection, does anyone hear Sean Connery there or is it just me?
rosebr10
said at 6:07 AM on Fri Nov 8 2013
Anyone else but me think Payne was voiced by Vic Mignogna?
Nightmare Crusher
said at 12:59 PM on Fri Nov 8 2013
@rosebr10 That's actually who I thought too. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Sahgo
said at 8:29 PM on Fri Nov 8 2013
@rosebr10 Now that you mention, yeah... though I thought it was Derek Stephen Prince, at first.
Stelman257
said at 4:30 PM on Sun Nov 10 2013
@Sahgo Honestly while the objection could be either of those two, the one time Payne speaks sounds like neither.
rosebr10
said at 8:59 AM on Sun Nov 17 2013
@Stelman257
Could not disagree with you more on that last part (regarding Mignogna; Prince isn't as smooth). Who do you think it is, then?
Stelman257
said at 12:36 PM on Thu Nov 7 2013
Okay then! The Judge and Bobby Fulbright are both voiced by Dave B Mitchell!
Stelman257
said at 1:43 PM on Wed Nov 6 2013
Just a random thought, but for Simon Blackquill's voice (which you can hear here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QohYyactE#t=102 and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc4Y_B7CSj8#t=45), to me it sounds either like Troy Baker, or Ralph Lister.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 1:50 PM on Wed Nov 6 2013
@Stelman257 Seeing that first trailer reminded me of how stupid I think Fullbright sounds. He sounds like freaking Goofy.
Stelman257
said at 3:27 PM on Wed Nov 6 2013
@Nightmare Crusher Well that's kinda the point.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 1:16 PM on Thu Nov 7 2013
@Stelman257 True, although I pictured him as sounded more over the top than stupid sounding. Something like Travis Willingham. I also can't really picture his real voice coming from him in some later scenes.
said at 2:43 PM on Thu Nov 7 2013
@Stelman257 Gideon Emery, maybe?
Stelman257
said at 3:49 PM on Thu Nov 7 2013
@NCZ Oooo I can totally hear that, can't hurt to ask him on twitter!
Stelman257
said at 4:29 PM on Sun Nov 10 2013
@NCZ Well no response, so I think that's a solid no. It doesn't look like Sam Riegel can help much identifying the VA's either.

Unless anyone else wants to shoot Mr. Emery a message on twitter and ask him!
Nightmare Crusher
said at 3:48 PM on Fri Nov 1 2013
No voice actor credits it seems. Interestingly though, Sam Riegel is credited as one of the casting directors.
Stelman257
said at 4:01 PM on Sun Nov 3 2013
@Nightmare Crusher Are you thinking you could pester him for some info on who the other voice actors are?
DravenRoth994
said at 11:16 AM on Fri Oct 25 2013
Kyle Hebert is Edgeworth? I didn't expect that; but from what I heard of him so far, I do not like how he sounds. Well, I'll just get the game and see how he does in cut scenes, but he still won't top Seon King for me.
DravenRoth994
said at 12:08 PM on Sat Nov 2 2013
@DravenRoth994 So I managed to hear Kyle in a cut-scene. He is actually pretty good, but I still prefer Seon King.
Stelman257
said at 4:01 PM on Sun Nov 3 2013
@DravenRoth994 Seon King was great as young Edgey, but his voice definitely wouldn't work now that he's older. I thought Kyle did a awesome job and made Edgeworth sound appropriately high class and sexy.
DravenRoth994
said at 4:51 PM on Sun Nov 3 2013
@Stelman257 Well I never said he was bad, he did a good job (his voice was just deeper then I expected). He hasn't aged that much, this game takes place like ten years after the first one where he was 24.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 3:33 PM on Thu Oct 24 2013
I just started playing through the game. Unless someone beats me to the punch I'll check the credits for any voice actors, although there's no guarantee there will be anything.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 9:32 AM on Sun Oct 27 2013
@Nightmare Crusher I just got through case three. Gavin speaks in the ending cutscene and it's probably Yuri Lowenthal. The odd thing is Gavin's objection doesn't sound like him.
Stelman257
said at 1:59 AM on Tue Oct 29 2013
@Nightmare Crusher Just in case anyone still had any doubts about Yuri Lowenthal voicing Klavier:
Nightmare Crusher
said at 7:45 AM on Sat Oct 19 2013
Some voice clips got leaked. http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/10/21/have-some-free-ace-attorney---dual-destinies-ringtones
Edgeworth sounds kind of weird.
DravenRoth994
said at 9:51 AM on Mon Oct 21 2013
@Nightmare Crusher Yeah I heard those clips. I do not like how Edgeworth sounds. Well, it is only one voice clip. I'll just wait and see(hear).
DravenRoth994
said at 9:27 PM on Tue Oct 8 2013
Could Liam O' Brien or Travis Willingham work as Edgeworth?
AMT
said at 11:51 AM on Sun Oct 6 2013
Crispin Freeman for Edgeworth, come on! It has to be!
Dragamon10
said at 12:38 PM on Sun Oct 6 2013
@AMT If capcom has any common sense they'll get him, Troy Baker would work to though.
said at 1:48 PM on Sun Oct 6 2013
@AMT If the dub isn't unionized (which it probably isn't, given the low-key and low-budget nature of the international release), I wouldn't count on Crispin.

My personal choice for Edgeworth is Chris Smith. I'd imagine Edgeworth having a rather condescending, snooty-sounding voice, and Chris has shown that he can do that kind of role very well with characters like The Emperor and Yuan Shao.
UltimateCharm
said at 4:05 PM on Sun Oct 6 2013
@AMT That's my first choice too!
DravenRoth994
said at 8:59 PM on Tue Oct 8 2013
@AMT That's actually one of the names that popped into my head, Troy as well. Chris never came to mind but I can see that (Well in this case, hear it).
Damolisher
said at 4:11 PM on Mon Oct 21 2013
@Dragamon10 Troy Baker would work if there was a voice clip of Edgeworth calling someone "FOOL!"
DravenRoth994
said at 11:00 AM on Sun Oct 6 2013
While Sam kind of bugged me at first, he pretty much won me over after playing the demo. I can't wait to get this. I wonder who they'll get to play Edgeworth?
AmbiFMA
said at 10:32 AM on Sun Oct 6 2013
I know Athena's voice was familiar. Haruhi! Thanks for making this page!
Nightmare Crusher
said at 9:14 AM on Sun Oct 6 2013
I was iffy about Sam's Phoenix in UMVC3, but after playing the demo for this he's growing on me. Now I'm wondering who the rest of the cast will be.
said at 9:11 AM on Sun Oct 6 2013
Glad to see Sam is back as Phoenix!
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Phoenix Wright
Simon Blackquill
Athena Cykes
Apollo Justice
Klavier Gavin
Miles Edgeworth
Judge
Bobby Fulbright
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies characters.
Klavier Gavin