Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax

Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax

Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax Cast

Narrator

Comments

MizukaS
said at 6:42 PM on Fri Nov 10 2017
Arena: The Persona game where even Teddie could beat up Naru, Mitsuru and Kanji! Realistically, those three would whoop Teddie's butt so quickly that it's not even a joke.
PersonaFan007
said at 12:18 PM on Mon Aug 15 2016
How sad most of the game is dub-only. I'm trying to find a subbed version for PS3 but so far, I'm having no luck. Best option is to learn to read, write, and speak Japanese so I can import the game.
DravenRoth994
said at 7:12 PM on Wed Oct 15 2014
If you don't want me posting it here, please direct me to a forum where I can add it.
DravenRoth994
said at 7:11 PM on Wed Oct 15 2014
Erin confirmed on Twitter that she was not only Chie, but a maid named Kikuno.

LeDom
said at 10:26 AM on Fri Oct 10 2014
Theodore was still voiced by Travis Willingham...shame he isn't back in Persona Q because I really liked his performance.
LumeNox
said at 3:33 PM on Sat Oct 4 2014
Ken is Cindy Robinson. It's pretty noticeable when you try to hear it.
Stelman257
said at 10:43 PM on Wed Oct 15 2014
@LumeNox Yeah and it's even more obvious in Persona Q with younger Ken.
SteelEthlan
said at 6:10 PM on Thu Oct 2 2014
I knew Mona Marshall and Eden Riegel are going to be back to voice Marie and Ken Amada.
Dark_Fiction
said at 9:10 AM on Thu Oct 2 2014
To finally get the confirmation that Mona reprised as Ken after all these years makes me so happy I could shed a small tear. :`] Also Eden came back to!
SteelEthlan
said at 6:08 PM on Thu Oct 2 2014
@Dark_Fiction See? I knew they'll be back to reprise the respective characters.
said at 6:22 PM on Thu Oct 2 2014
@Dark_Fiction Actually I think Ken is a new actress... I have to admit I got hasty there and assumed it was the same one, since I hadn't heard anybody else say he was replaced, but having checked a couple videos he sounds different than in P3. Sorry!

Eden Riegel is still Marie as far as I know though.
Dark_Fiction
said at 7:49 PM on Thu Oct 2 2014
@NCZ The fact that they took her off the list also isn't helping. Were My Tears of Joy For Nothing!
said at 7:59 PM on Thu Oct 2 2014
@Dark_Fiction "They" being me. Meaning I'm the one who both created and killed your false hope. If this is the power of a God, I'm not worthy...
Dark_Fiction
said at 12:51 AM on Fri Oct 3 2014
@NCZ Oh, didn't notice the Admin part. Well. I can't complain to a god then. x) Can't wait to see the real confirm then. Hopefully it's found soon also.
TaylorJosephB
said at 3:03 PM on Wed Oct 1 2014
Anyone else think Igor sounds like Vic Mignogna in this game?
said at 3:07 PM on Wed Oct 1 2014
@TaylorJosephB I saw a video a while back and while it was only a couple lines of dialogue, it sure sounded like it to me. Wonder what happened with Dan Woren.
TaylorJosephB
said at 4:14 PM on Wed Oct 8 2014
@NCZ It sounds as if Dan's only contribution to this was archived voice. You can hear him as Igor on character select, and there's a moment where you rehear Shuji Ikutsuki's speech, but later JB Blanc is voicing him.
said at 6:10 PM on Wed Oct 8 2014
@TaylorJosephB Aren't all the battle noises reused from the first Arena too (e.g. Troy Baker's Kanji grunts)?
rosebr10
said at 12:23 PM on Thu Oct 9 2014
@NCZ
Personal matters aside, the fact that this game is the first time we've seen some P3 characters reappear gives reason for a) a current voice to take over if the original voice is long gone (which appears to be the case with Amada [via Labrys]), or b) the original voice does return but gets to take over another character due to coincidental circumstances (the case here with Mignogna [via Junpei])

I was sold on the idea of Mignogna as Igor at "Very well." Even so I've considered the likes of Grant George and Keith Silverstein, but Igor doesn't go deep enough for me to justify either of them. It's like the case of Gaspen Payne; we can tell it's Mignogna, we just won't ever be told directly.
ScraftyIsTheBest
said at 3:22 PM on Sat Mar 4 2017
@NCZ

I know this is from a very long time ago, but after playing Ultimax's story, Igor seemed to only have two or so new lines, while Ikutsuki had around ten. This likely would've taken roughly 20-30 minutes to record, roughly estimating.

Basically, my hunch is that they probably thought it was simply more cost-efficient and time-efficient to just latch those few lines onto people who were already on board with the project (Vic and J.B.) than to get Woren in there for what would've probably been a less-than one hour session. That's probably the only thing I can possibly come up with as to why Woren didn't return.
said at 3:45 PM on Sat Mar 4 2017
@ScraftyIsTheBest

Yeah, don't worry about it. I never played Ultimax but I had a feeling that's what the case ended up being.
VaisuKaguya
said at 2:08 PM on Thu Aug 21 2014
English trailer for Adachi and Marie
madalex1234
said at 7:47 AM on Thu Aug 21 2014

Marie still sounds like Eden Riegel.
BoondocksXAfrofan
said at 8:29 PM on Thu Aug 21 2014
@madalex1234 What the English actor that play Sherri from Resident Evil and Hitomi from DOA is in this game?..........that's pretty cool=) I'm personally looking forward to playing this game soon
doodleboy
said at 10:49 PM on Sat Jul 26 2014

Looks like Mina Marshall reprised her role as Ken. I was hoping she wouldn't actually.
SteelEthlan
said at 8:44 AM on Sun Jul 20 2014
So another new character cast with returning voice actors/actress that's fine.

As for a non-persona player i am i'm still thinking that Mona Marshall should reprise the role of Ken Amada and Eden Riegel should reprise the role of Marie.
FUNiman
said at 12:48 PM on Fri Jul 4 2014
This cast looks relatively unchanged. Persona Q though...
Mikel
said at 10:42 AM on Thu Jul 10 2014
@FUNiman Its almost identical save for Matthew Mercer being Kanji, Valerie Arem being Naoto, and Marisha Ray being Margaret.
SteelEthlan
said at 4:34 PM on Mon Jun 30 2014
Anybody wants to see Mona Marshall reprising role of ken amada?
Dark_Fiction
said at 5:59 PM on Mon Jun 30 2014
@SteelEthlan I know I Do! But he's flexible in my book though.
SteelEthlan
said at 7:01 PM on Tue Jul 1 2014
@Dark_Fiction I see what you mean.
Dark_Fiction
said at 6:53 PM on Fri Jun 27 2014
Awww. :( Troy. Are you too cool for Persona now?
TaylorJosephB
said at 1:11 AM on Sat Jun 28 2014
@Dark_Fiction It's probably just that he's too busy to voice Kanji, seeing as how he's basically every character ever now.
akersaotome
said at 5:03 PM on Fri Jun 27 2014
Its cool to see Todd Haberkorn has joined the Atlus family.
said at 5:10 PM on Fri Jun 27 2014
@akersaotome He joined in the 3DS version of Soul Hackers, actually.
akersaotome
said at 6:24 PM on Fri Jun 27 2014
@NCZ

In that case yay for Todd.
LeDom
said at 4:46 PM on Fri Jun 27 2014
Looks like Matt Mercer will be Kanji this time around.
But oh well, he did a fantastic job in The Animation. Pretty sure I'll only be able to tell him apart from Troy Baker in Persona Q and Ultimax because I knew about the replacement to begin with.
Katsu
said at 1:19 PM on Wed Jun 25 2014
Looks like JYB is using his game voice for Adachi as opposed to the anime. Or, something close to the game rendition
Fulgore2005
said at 3:37 PM on Tue Jun 24 2014
Erin Fitzgerald confirmed that Valerie Arem will voice Naoto for this and Persona Q.

TrueMyriad
said at 4:44 AM on Tue Jun 17 2014
Several comments on twitter say Mona Marshall reprises her role as Ken, but I don't know which one to pick exactly for proof
Mikel
said at 12:26 PM on Mon Jun 16 2014
Glad to see that the P4A1 voice cast is back, though I thought Troy Baker rarely does non-union and anime voice work these days... unless he does them every now and then, of course.
Katsu
said at 12:37 PM on Mon Jun 16 2014
@Mikel He's still voicing Valvatorez in Disgaea 4 Return. All the non-union work he's done he seems to have reprised his roles for them in sequels/updates
said at 12:54 PM on Mon Jun 16 2014
@Katsu This is correct. Troy doesn't seem to have taken on any new roles in non-union dubs lately, but he seems perfectly happy to return for certain established characters.
Stelman257
said at 3:13 AM on Tue Jul 15 2014
@Katsu Actually Disgaea 4 Vita also seems to be keeping up the new trend with Troy Baker roles. The new trailer which has the new Tyrant Valvatorez dialogue very clearly has Matthew Mercer voicing him.

I sent a tweet about it to Mercer to confirm and he favourited the tweet.
Dark_Fiction
said at 4:31 PM on Sat Jun 14 2014
Sad, that we still don't know who Naoto is, but at least who ever she is reprised.
Dark_Fiction
said at 4:30 PM on Sat Jun 14 2014
I'm so happy that everybody is back, especially Vic! :D Now I wonder who will voice ken. Will Mona be able to voice him well and reprise, or will we get somebody like Bryce to voice our much more mature hero. x)
Katsu
said at 9:12 AM on Sun Jun 15 2014
@Dark_Fiction The Ultrachen stream showcased english Ken and he still sounds like Mona Marshall. But I won't say for certain until the game drops
TrueMyriad
said at 4:43 PM on Thu Jun 12 2014
The E3 trailer shows that all of the actors from the first game will resume their roles.
Katsu
said at 7:18 AM on Wed Jun 11 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD1Ea7satoQ E3 Trailer
Katsu
said at 5:52 AM on Tue Jun 10 2014

Ultrachen had Yu Namba showcase Persona 4 Arena Ultimax with the english dub
VaisuKaguya
said at 11:51 AM on Wed Jun 4 2014
English Sho can be heard here.

It's Todd Haberkorn for sure.
said at 12:19 PM on Wed Jun 4 2014
@VaisuKaguya I just saw that and yeah, 99.9% sure that's Todd.
Katsu
said at 12:52 PM on Wed Jun 4 2014
@NCZ JYB is still Narukami if the preview was any indication. 9/10 chance he's still Adachi as well (Also he posted the Adachi vs Yu fight on his facebook around Ultimax's english announcement)
Katsu
said at 9:58 AM on Sun May 25 2014
A while ago Erin Fitzgerald confirmed that the dubbing for Ultimax is (mostly) done. It was in an IGN Up at Noon vid
Dark_Fiction
said at 4:38 PM on Wed Feb 26 2014
Only a matter of time before we get a cast. :) I Can't Wait! The pictures look cool too. ^_^
Sho Minazuki
Labrys
Elizabeth
Yosuke Hanamura
Aigis
Margaret
Margaret

Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax characters.