Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

A Hideo Kojima Game
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Cast

Comments

GreenGoblin75
said at 11:24 AM on Thu Jun 2 2016
Was this one a lot less comedic than its precursors?
solidejake (Moderator)
said at 12:11 AM on Sun Jun 5 2016
@GreenGoblin75 You could say that. Still has its moments though. It lacks the super long codec calls, quirky Snake-isms, and many other things. But Kaz alone carries the humor.
said at 2:49 PM on Fri Sep 25 2015
That description.

madalex1234
said at 2:45 PM on Fri Sep 25 2015
Hah, nice description :p
Ovarku
said at 11:25 PM on Sun Sep 13 2015
Ummm, bit of a spoiler there with the main character, don't you think?

Regardless, enjoying the game quite a bit at the moment.
said at 11:45 PM on Sun Sep 13 2015
@Ovarku Ultimately in all fairness, the game has been out for two weeks and the goal of the site is to be factual. There's not a lot we can do about it.

(I had the identity of the villain in Bayonetta 2 spoiled for me while working on its page, due to the name he was listed under in the credits. C'est la vie.)
Makdaddy0311
said at 2:11 PM on Sun Oct 11 2015
@NCZ I suggest simply putting both under Big Boss considering they both have the same voice actor and everything.
said at 2:21 PM on Sun Oct 11 2015
@Makdaddy0311 Ask this guy ->

I didn't actually work on this page.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 12:25 PM on Sun Sep 13 2015
Nothing suspicious here. Nope, no spoilers.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 5:19 PM on Thu Aug 20 2015
This is kind of late, but Jim Piddock has said he will not return as Zero. Apparently they offered him an insultingly low amount of money or something.

You know, it is kindnof sad how this is supposed to be the series' swan song and almost all of the established cast is just gone.
Jessica Marra
said at 2:50 AM on Fri Sep 4 2015
@Nightmare Crusher I know, right? Solid Snake is just not Solid Snake without David Hayter. He really brought that character to life to the point I couldn't imagine anyone else voicing him…. guess I was wrong.

I also miss Otacon, Paz, Chico, Mei Ling, the Colonel, and Meryl. I really wish they'd bring the old gang back. I highly doubt it's gonna happen though. :'(
said at 6:10 AM on Fri Sep 4 2015
@Jessica Marra Well technically this is Naked Snake (Snake's father), and there are plot-related reasons why those other characters aren't in this game.
Fulgore2005
said at 12:30 PM on Thu Jul 23 2015
Code Talker is gonna be voiced by Vega? I don't believe it.
solidejake (Moderator)
said at 9:56 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
Snake has a puppy named DD in this game... Confirmed GotY.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 11:15 AM on Thu Feb 6 2014
Man, Big Boss looks so unbelievably bad-a** on that motorcycle with his cigar.
99-cells
said at 6:54 PM on Thu Dec 19 2013
why must it be two years from now!? fine! just kill me already!!!
akersaotome
said at 9:51 PM on Fri Jun 14 2013
Its interesting during the second episode of KP Alert, it was said that the English audio is now the original language.
GothamRed
said at 1:46 PM on Thu Jun 13 2013
I have nothing against the cast, I'm just not sure why they felt the need to change the established one. I don't think anyone outside the studio had an issue with the previous one. Ah well, we'll see how it goes.
said at 2:12 PM on Thu Jun 13 2013
@GothamRed With Ocelot, even though Patric Zimmerman does an AWESOME job voicing him, I can actually understand the change. He's younger than 1, 2, and 4, but older than his young self in 3. I think Troy would make a great "interim" voice to transition between Josh and Patric Zimmerman.

That said, there is no reason whatsoever for David Hayter to have been axed.
TheAtticus
said at 2:08 PM on Fri Jun 14 2013
@NCZ Well, they have to justify the change from David Hayter to Richard Doyle.
MilanTheVillain01
said at 6:18 AM on Sun Jun 30 2013
@TheAtticus Nanomachines, son.
pokemastanumba1
said at 3:12 PM on Mon Sep 9 2013
@TheAtticus Big Boss had to be recast in MGS4 because he's much older, and the effects of FOXDIE were taking its toll. Not to mention that it'd have been weird for David Hayter to have been "talking to himself" since BB's only dialogue in that game was with Solid Snake.

Back to this game, the recast was from either creative changes, or Hayter simply turned down the role. I'm quite sure it's the former though; Hayter's a big MGS fan, and he's still capable of doing the voice.
Mikel
said at 11:59 AM on Thu Jun 13 2013

Troy Baker confirmed as Ocelot's new voice actor.
solidejake (Moderator)
said at 1:34 PM on Fri Jun 7 2013
I think that picture is from Ground Zeroes.
pokemastanumba1
said at 5:05 PM on Mon Jun 10 2013
@solidejake I'm pretty sure that it's just a placeholder. Obviously, the picture would be updated once the game comes out.
CHECKit
said at 5:04 PM on Thu Jun 6 2013
Kiefer Sutherland as Snake? Now I've seen everything.
RenoRebirth
said at 2:02 PM on Thu Jun 6 2013
Kiefer Sutherland? Alright, now I'm interested.
Revolver Ocelot
Kazuhira Miller
Big Boss / Naked Snake
DD
Quiet
Hideo Kojima
Big Boss / Venom Snake
Skull Face
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain characters.
Revolver Ocelot