Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Franchise: Metal Gear
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Cast

Comments

Heartfilia Mage 721
said at 2:51 PM on Sat Mar 22 2014
You can beat this game in 10 mins for 30 bucks. 30 bucks people!
said at 3:33 PM on Sat Mar 22 2014
@Heartfilia Mage 721 The digital version costs $20 which isn't as bad. It's only a demo intended for hardcore MG fans just to whet their appetite, since Konami say Phantom Pain isn't going to be finished for a while. It's not really meant to be a full game. While I'm a fan of the series, I don't think I'd get as much bang for my buck since there are other things I could spent $20 on and enjoy for a longer amount of time, but for a more hardcore fan it's harder to pass up.

I will say that if I were Konami, I'd make Zone of the Enders 3 and then bundle GZ with it for free. Kill two birds with one stone.
solidejake (Moderator)
said at 3:39 PM on Sat Mar 22 2014
@Heartfilia Mage 721 That is if you know EXACTLY what you are doing. Technically, Super Mario 64 cost $50 upon release ($74.50 in 2014 dollars) and if you know EXACTLY what you're doing, the world record is 05:47 on that game. Also, this can be $20 depending on your platform/method of playing. So I think that it's unfair to say that, seeing as how I have spent around 8 hours, and only have 32% unlocked.
GothamRed
said at 8:36 PM on Sat Mar 22 2014
@solidejake There's a difference there, you're comparing the world record of one game to just someone who's good at metal gear. Having not played a Metal Gear gear game it's possible to beat this game in like and hour and a half, which you can't say for mario 64.
solidejake (Moderator)
said at 12:01 AM on Sun Mar 23 2014
@GothamRed True, but also not advertised as a full game, and not priced as one either. But also, what is the average to beat a game like SM64? 6-10 hours I believe, while GZ is two for the main game, and an hour or two for the side missions. So $20 (let's just put 30 for argument's sake) vs $74.50. Not a knock against you, Mario, or anything, and believe me, I am disappointed with the length, but it seems that a lot of games can be completed in 6 hours nowadays for $60.
GothamRed
said at 7:59 AM on Sun Mar 23 2014
@solidejake I wouldn't really say the side mission take an hour to do each. Plus it's not really fair to compare the price of an older game to a current one since the state of the industry has changed over time.
solidejake (Moderator)
said at 1:00 PM on Sun Mar 23 2014
@GothamRed I didn't say that each one takes an hour, all of them would add up to around an hour or two overall, except Deja Vu, which on its own takes far longer than an hour. And it's just as fair to compare them as it is to compare a full-game to a prologue.
RobZ92
said at 7:52 AM on Mon Mar 24 2014
@solidejake @GothamRed I'm with @Heartfilia Mage 721 in this, this is really just a glorified demo, and the worst thing is, that if this sells well, other companies might have the douchey idea to do the same, I beat the main story in 2hrs and that's because at some moments I did nothing while listening to Paz's recordings, I mean even Capcom whos is the king of douchey DLC made their Dead Rising 2 prequel for $5, each The Walking Dead episode is about the same length of this game and they're worth $5 each, so I would have no problem with ground zeroes if it was worth $5-$10 tops, but selling it at $20-$30 it's bad, and I hope other companies dont start doing the same
Heartfilia Mage 721
said at 9:40 PM on Sat Mar 29 2014
@NCZ Hardcore or not this is a bad business practice because if this sells well other video game developers will think it's ok to charge $60 for a demo.
said at 9:41 PM on Sat Mar 29 2014
@Heartfilia Mage 721 I can't deny that. Honestly they can only get away with this because it's Metal Gear and it has a long development time. With any other series, nobody would fall for it.
solidejake (Moderator)
said at 12:50 PM on Thu Mar 13 2014
Less than a week, ladies and gentlemen...
Big Boss / Naked Snake