Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Japan Release: Feb 24, 2000
Europe Release: Jul 16, 2000

Game Developer: Capcom

Popularity: 116th All Time, 291st This Week

Franchises: Marvel Universe, Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
  VIEW BY:   Characters   |    Characters / Voice Actors   |    Voice Cast   |    Credits    |   Special

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes Cast

Comments

SlickSlack
said at 1:39 PM on Wed Sep 14 2016

Wait. In this tweet, Jon St. John says he was the voice of Captain America, yet Cal Dodd is credited here...
said at 1:52 PM on Wed Sep 14 2016
@SlickSlack

That's, uhhh, that's pretty strange. Captain America's voice clips in this game are ripped directly from Marvel Super Heroes, which unambiguously credited Cal Dodd as his VA.

Plus the VO for this, that, and all of Capcom's games up until the early 2000s were done in Toronto, nowhere near San Diego where Jon St. John is. Unless there's something I'm not aware of I'm thinking JSJ is misremembering or getting mixed up with something else, but that's a weird situation.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 3:03 PM on Wed Sep 14 2016
@NCZ Maybe he was thinking of this?

That's the only other Marvel arcade game i know of with any VO.
said at 8:04 PM on Wed Sep 14 2016
@Nightmare Crusher

Oh wow. First time I've ever heard of that game. I can't blame him for misremembering.

There are no VAs listed in the credits so it's possible that's what he worked on.

FAKE EDIT:
There's an Avengers coinop game by Data East listed on Lani Minella's resume. This is the only game that fits the bill, and she's based in San Diego too, so I think this is the one.

SlickSlack
said at 2:58 AM on Thu Sep 15 2016
@NCZ

I think this might be that game:

Nightmare Crusher
said at 1:44 PM on Thu Sep 15 2016
@SlickSlack While both games were made by Data East, I'm pretty sure the game I posted is the correct one. Jon St. John's earliest role I can find was Duke Nukem in 96 and the game I brought up was from the year before, 95. Whereas the game you posted was from 91, which is much earlier.
SlickSlack
said at 4:09 PM on Thu Sep 15 2016
@Nightmare Crusher

I see. You're probably right.
CelestialOuroboros
said at 6:40 AM on Thu Mar 10 2016
Contrary to general consensus, I honestly love this game's soundtrack. The background music strikes me as a bit more generic and less memorable than what was in MvC1, but I won't lie and say that it isn't great at all. Abyss' theme is simply fantastic. Wanna Take You for a Ride is such an infectious character select tune, it has to be a crime!
rosebr10
said at 2:18 PM on Mon Oct 15 2012
Marrow is definitely Susan Hart. Aside from the clear voice similarities, Hart recorded the alternate names of Cammy's two special moves (Spiral Arrow and Thrust Kick) for MvC2, as Cannon Drill and Cannon Spike were used in all areas for XMvSF and the character's recycling in Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold/Zero 2 Dash.

Also, Amingo and first form Abyss are the same kind of voices Kan Tokumaru does.

Speaking of Amingo, the voice of the mini cacti he spawns is undoubtedly Chisa Yokoyama.

Oh, and Birdy (for Sabretooth) is Lenore Zann, as with XMvSF.
said at 8:23 PM on Mon Oct 15 2012
@rosebr10 Thank you, sir. Now we just need to figure out who did Sonson and Ruby Heart.
rosebr10
said at 12:43 AM on Wed Oct 24 2012
@NCZ
I've always found Sonson to sound just like Tron, honestly. So many similar sounds between them.

As for Ruby, let's see if that new game starring her will answer the question for us.
rosebr10
said at 2:05 PM on Mon Apr 8 2013
@NCZ
It just hit me. That accent. Ruby must be Atsuko Tanaka.

And Sonson for me is still Mayumi Iizuka.
Belial Edge
said at 1:44 PM on Tue Jun 19 2012
I really wish Sonson's VA was confirmed

In a later game she would appear in, I'd place my bets on Yuuko Sanpei. :D
said at 8:24 PM on Sun Jun 24 2012
@Belial Edge Agreed. I was frothing at the mouth when I saw the credits and it said "VOICE ACTORS: SECRET". What the heck? Why bother having a heading if they're a secret? WHY are they a secret?!
TheNEXTvoicer
said at 5:03 AM on Sat Jul 7 2012
@NCZ It's a mistic problem since from "Plasma Sword". U_U
Belial Edge
said at 2:51 PM on Sun Jan 26 2014
@NCZ Looks like it's confirmed to be Mayumi Iizuka lol
TheNEXTvoicer
said at 7:55 PM on Mon Feb 13 2012
Where is the name of Tomomi Fube? I'm sure that is him who had voiced Strider Hiryu.
said at 8:23 PM on Mon Feb 13 2012
@TheNEXTvoicer To put it in summary, the evidence points to Tomomi Fube actually being a female voice actor and Yuji Ueda being Hiryu's VA.
TheNEXTvoicer
said at 10:50 AM on Wed Mar 7 2012
@NCZ My list about the Main charas of the game is...

Takashi Nagasako as Captain Commando
Kaoru Fujino as Rockman/Roll
Tomomi Fube(This is not the true name) as Strider Hiryu
Toshiyuki Morikawa as Ryu
Yuko Miyamura as Chun-Li
Wataru Takagi as Zangueif
Yayoi Jinguji as Morrigan
and...
Yuji Ueda as Jin
Ninjaman15
said at 10:48 AM on Sat Feb 11 2012
Even by today's standards, I still think that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is MILES better than its successors. Why? Because MvC2 has a lot of freshness to it and I never really get all that tired playing it... and a little piece of trivia: I own the Playstation 2 port.

My favorite teams are Strider/Hayato/Ken and Iceman/Dhalsim/Felicia.
-VEGA-
said at 1:14 PM on Sat Oct 8 2011
Iron Man infinite for the win!
said at 7:32 AM on Thu Aug 5 2010
Thanks Foxwolf! I love the artist's work, and using the sprites would mean less clear images, so that's why I opted to use those images. I couldn't find artwork for Abyss, so I had to use his sprite as a placeholder. But as soon as I find it, it'll go up.

I spent a couple of hours working on this page, and when we have one as good-looking as this, I'd say it's worth it.
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 12:53 AM on Thu Aug 5 2010
page looks awesome NCZ!! I love that you picked the art design of the characters rather than the pixel versions.
5th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards BTVA Awards

Serena Williams
Captain America / Steve Rogers
Hayato Kanzaki
Ruby Heart
Blackheart
Hulk
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes characters.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Spiral
Spiral
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes style=" on Amazon.com.